Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colkurtz88

Scientists discover Mother of all skin cells

Colkurtz, now that is my kind of posting. I have always thought that the real solution for scars would come from burn research. Anything that can help burn scars can cure acne scars. Thanks for the link.

For years I have been reading in the news that the scientists discovered cells mothers in the skin

I hope , to begin to demonstrate that they know to use them for the benefit of the humanity

Edited by eterna_maldicion

Sounds like there might be some hair loss news in there too.

The question is though... How would that relate to existing skin with scars. I mean, if you are burned, you are going to be willing to do some drastic stuff to look even remotely better. I don't know if any of this would be ideal for minor cosmetic stuff. Unless you're willing to literally replace a chunk of your skin. But then, I'm not a scientist, so I don't know.

Sounds like there might be some hair loss news in there too.

The question is though... How would that relate to existing skin with scars. I mean, if you are burned, you are going to be willing to do some drastic stuff to look even remotely better. I don't know if any of this would be ideal for minor cosmetic stuff. Unless you're willing to literally replace a chunk of your skin. But then, I'm not a scientist, so I don't know.

I've actually had sucess with using propecia (knock on wood) which has stopped or at least slowed down my hair loss. For those with actual baldness this is great news i'm sure.

I'm no doctor but I would think that anything that has to do with generating new skin would be useful for us acne scar sufferers. Even though it only affects the top layers of the skin, i'm thinking that if there is a procedure that works down the road utilizing these mother cells, it could be used in conjunction with another treatment like laser to drastically reduce healing time and make results much better. It may not reduce the depression that is a scar on its own but markedly improve the texture and color of the scars. Anything that could benefit skin and lead down the road to maybe better findings and better solutions, i'm all for it. This is most definately a step in the right direction.

Edited by colkurtz88