Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyb

Aloe Vera-breakout

I don't use many topicals on my face. I use a purpose face wash with an ACV toner. However, I had a bad breakout recently, which I never have anymore and I can't understand why. I maintain clear through a somewhat anti-candida diet. However, I do eat some ezekiel bread daily, it doesn't seem to break me out. I also have had these white heads that were under my skin for a long ass time and so I got sick of them and 2 days ago i decided to start applying aloe vera. The gel is 99% natural aloe vera gel. It seemed to be working, but today I got like 5-6 pretty large zits. The zits seem to be where the white heads are, so I am wondering if the aloe vera is drawing out the infection or if it is doing more bad than good. Should I continue the use since it's only been 2 days? I barely get that much acne accept around my mouth and chin, so these zits concern me. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Edited by bennyb

I would switch to 100%, preferably get an actual plant. You just break off a little every day and apply the gel. Way better. Those 99% gels have been notorious to break people out.

Good luck :)

I buy mine at Home Depot. The Whole Foods by me do not have them. Also, I noticed that when I first starting using Aloe, my blackheads seemed to get worse before they got better. I'm not sure why.

alrite thanks. I went out last night and just bought a plant from target. I just cut open the leaf and cut out the get, then blended it in a blender. I used it last night and it seems to be lessening how red my skin is. Hopefully it helps with the zits as well. I am so sick of having to readjust my life for my acne.

okay but is natural aloe from the plant comedogenic?

It has a 0 rating as a comedogen, so no, it is not comedogenic.

Only synthetic gels would be, I would think. Good to steer clear of those.