Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SweeTarts

What hair products do you reccommend for Accutane Dryness?

Hello! I am just starting my 3rd month of accutane (only 3 to go) On about a .. 60 MG dose. I have extreme hair dryness, And I was wondering how everyone else deals with accutane hair dryness?What products do you use? Will a dandruff shampoo dry out my hair?

Thank you!

Edited by SweeTarts

mostly how I deal with it is conditioning my hair every night and only washing it like every 4ish days, also I use dove daily moisture therapy spray which really helps with static and makes it smell good

^ Yep. The "no poo" (poo is short for shampoo) method can work wonders for very dry hair on Accutane. If you do that though, it's best to use a non-silicone conditioner like Suave or V05. You'll need to use your fingertips to scrub the scalp, but conditioner only cleans just as well as shampoo as long as you're not using a lot of other products like silicone based gels, mousses, and anti-heat sprays.

Good to know - I am not on tane but I have dry hair, and the static this winter is driving me crazy!!!! I'm ordering some tonight.

mostly how I deal with it is conditioning my hair every night and only washing it like every 4ish days, also I use dove daily moisture therapy spray which really helps with static and makes it smell good