Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tree23

is there an age requirement for spiro?

I have an appointment in 10 days with my dermatologist and I really really really want to try spiro. I have been reading through the spiro posts, and a few times I saw people say "I might be too young to take that," but no definite age mentioned.

How young is too young for spiro?? I am 21, and I think it is pretty likelynow that I have a hormone problem. My acne is all around the jaw/mouth area.

I think if you are done with puberty, then you can take spiro. I'm taking it at age 20, and I'm not even done with puberty. I'm a male, I started late. I want to get off of this stuff because of the side effects, but it's working so wonderfully for my acne. You are old enough to take spiro, it's your decision.

I was prescribed spiro right before I turned 18, so I would think that it would be perfectly fine for 20-year olds to take. At least, my derm would prescribe it!

Edited by Pomegranate

yay thats good news!! Only 6 days til my derm appt!

I feel ridiculous being SO excited for a damn doctors appointment.

Edited by tree23

I think if you are done with puberty, then you can take spiro. I'm taking it at age 20, and I'm not even done with puberty. I'm a male, I started late. I want to get off of this stuff because of the side effects, but it's working so wonderfully for my acne. You are old enough to take spiro, it's your decision.

Buke how long have you been on it/dosage now and are you starting to experience side effects?