Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girl_least_likely_to

So depressed and want to break up with my boyfriend :(

Thanks everyone for your comments and compliments.

I just feel like I'm coming to my wits end. I can't concentrate on work or anything at the moment.

I have three really sore spots that have just appeared on my chin and around my mouth...don't know why this is because for 6 months I've been clear of these

Hiya lovey,

1. What birth control pill are you taking?

I'm on yasmin, can I ask how long you were on yasmin before it started to make a difference? I don't want to go on dianette because it seems too strong

2. You are allergic to bp like me! I see we share the same pale complexion, perhaps also the same sensitivities.

I think I might be...I have an oil free face wash which I think has SA in it too

3. You need good face wipes?

I have been using simple for many years...they dont break me out but they dont seem to help either

4. You are taking vitamins? Can I please ask which ones?

vitamin c, vitamin d and zinc

5. What is your diet like?

I'd say my diet is pretty average, I find it difficult to cut out dairy completley but I do eat a wide range of fruit and veg and drink lots of water...

Thank you for this post...if you could get back to me i'd be very grateful

Edited by Girl_least_likely_to

well take it from another guy, if he loves you it doesnt matter. My fiance does not have perfect skin but I think she is gorgeous either way. Someone is much more than just their skin.

Hiya lovey,

I'm on yasmin, can I ask how long you were on yasmin before it started to make a difference? I don't want to go on dianette because it seems too strong

* Aw I know how frustrating it is, when I first started dianette it took about 9 months for my skin to actually clear. But wait! After about 4-6 months the acne just got less and less, so it stopped getting worse and just got better. And when I switched to Yasmin there was still an initial breakout period but not half as bad as the first time around, and it took about 4-6 months again to see an improvement. So please don't lose heart, I would give it at least 6 months to see an improvement. I know that seems like a long time, but it is worth it in the end. How long have you been on it?The first thing I noticed before my skin actually started to clear from acne, was the oil decreasing. So watch out for that.

2. You are allergic to bp like me! I see we share the same pale complexion, perhaps also the same sensitivities.

I think I might be...I have an oil free face wash which I think has SA in it too

*Yes salicylic acid is the only topical I have found to help my skin. All others are too harsh for me. If you have any body acne you can buy scrubs with it in and that helps A LOT. I use a sainsburys own brand scrub with salicylic acid in the shower and it really clears me.

3. You need good face wipes?

I have been using simple for many years...they dont break me out but they dont seem to help either

*Yeah but I think if you're using a facewash you don't need to be irratating your skin anymore with more cleansing. I've found with my sensitive skin less irration less acne.

4. You are taking vitamins? Can I please ask which ones?

vitamin c, vitamin d and zinc

*I would recommend ditching seperate vitamins and just getting yourself a multivitamin and fish oil along side it. Your skin may be missing some vitamins it needs to calm inflammation. A multivitamin(which you can buy from anywhere, boots, supermarkets, etc) with a good mix of vitamins(especially: B vitamins, iron, zinc, magnesium, C, A and D) and some fish oil capsules(I take one with omega 3,6 and 9) and I think this could really help. I know everyone is different, but putting these into your diet could really be the key.

5. What is your diet like?

I'd say my diet is pretty average, I find it difficult to cut out dairy completley but I do eat a wide range of fruit and veg and drink lots of water...

Yeah dairy can be a pain. Do you notice any new spots after eating dairy? If you can't cut it out completely maybe try limiting your intake. I'd really suggest wheat and gluten to you, but I know it's hard.

Hope this was helpful in some way. If you want to chat more about acne or anything feel free to message me anytime. =)

Thank you for this post...if you could get back to me i'd be very grateful

Edited by Whiskers McCoy

Hiya lovey,

You said that it took you six months to see the difference, I'm on my 6th month now...might give it another 3 months which will be 9 to see the real difference...cos I've heard it can be as good as dianette after 9 cycles. We'll have to wait and see, otherwise I will go on dianette!!!! See no other alternative :( yes the oil has decreased but spots are appearing in odd places like around my mouth, which I havent had for 6 months since I've been on it...stress maybe? I hope so :( one side of my face is virtually clear and the other isnt :( my back, neck and shoulders have been clear since being on yasmin though

Hiya lovey,

You said that it took you six months to see the difference, I'm on my 6th month now...might give it another 3 months which will be 9 to see the real difference...cos I've heard it can be as good as dianette after 9 cycles. We'll have to wait and see, otherwise I will go on dianette!!!! See no other alternative :( yes the oil has decreased but spots are appearing in odd places like around my mouth, which I havent had for 6 months since I've been on it...stress maybe? I hope so :( one side of my face is virtually clear and the other isnt :( my back, neck and shoulders have been clear since being on yasmin though

Yes I would definitely give it another couple of months lovely. Because I remember how disheartened I was on dianette when I was about 6 months in, I even went to an appointment ready to get accutane! But for some people I think it just takes more time to regulate the cycles and you've have done 3/4 of the hard grafting already having gone through 6 months waiting so hang in there! It sounds like it is starting to make progress anyway, I know it can be frustrating to see areas clearing and then other areas breaking out. But that is how it was for me also.

Yeah I wouldn't recommend the dianette to be honest, you will have to come off it after a few years and that can be a bitch, and yasmin is a safer as it is lower dose so the doctors will give you no limit to how long you can be on it. You'll get check ups when you go to renew your prescription to make sure you're ok on it. My GP told me I can stay on it til the menapause if I want to!

And I feel so much better mood wise on Yasmin, Dianette used to make me anxious all the time. I was told by a doctor that they actually give Dianette to sex offenders in prison to keep them under control, as it inhibits all the testosterone in your body.

I'm not trying to scare you away from it or anything because these are just my experiences, but I think you've got a great chance of Yasmin working in the next few months=)

Keep smiling Lovey, anytime you want to chat just message me xxxxx

cheer up, you may have some acne, but you're still a babe!!

i didn't read the entire thread, so sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but since it seems your skin can't handle BP cream, try a cleanser with BP in it, something like Clean & Clear Continuous Control (i use the 5% version)

since its just a cleanser it shouldn't be to harsh, i used it every night for a while (with something gentle in the morning like spectrojel) and it cleared me up real good.... you may be only able to handle every other day or so as it is kinda drying

also, for me, i found that the worst causes of flare up were, not getting enough sleep a few nights in a row, coffee (especially when combined with the lack of sleep), and large amounts of sugar, its not the same for everyone, but watch your diet and see what makes you flare

also skip the foundation and makeup, it'll just make your skin worse, plus girls who have the balls to expose their acne/scars are exponentially hotter that girls that lather on thick layers of makeup in an attempt to hide it

Edited by shredgnar

Wow... all I can say is... want to trade faces? Your acne is NOT that bad. Do not break up with your boyfriend. That's silly. You have no severe redness. Makeup isn't really needed. You'll do fine at the festival. Just don't irritate it anymore. That's all you can do. But please stop being depressed because I am far far far worse than you, and think that you're so pretty!

I TOTALLY understand what you are going through

We don't talk about it, I never mention anything about acne, I pretend I don't have it if that makes sense...obviously he has eyes, but he never says anything.

I don't think im attractive, the only nice thing about me is my eyes.

Do you think my skin is really bad from those pics?

------

i feel the same...

You acne looks less severe than mine did when I first when to the derm and Bactrum really helped me and Retin-A micro. Would it be possible to go the derm and ask for prescription to Bactrum or Septra DS (it's an antibiotic)? Have you tried retinA micro before?

I'm on Yasmin also, I've been on it for 9 months. it definitely helps with that persistent chin acne but alone I don't think I'd be clear.

Is your skin oily? Dry? combo?

I've been trying this moisturizer from eminence it's al natural and the company is out of Hungarian. Every product is hand-bottled and they have two that my esthetician recommends for acne-prone skin Rosehip Whip Mositurizer (that's the one I've been using) and Thermal Spring Whip Mositurizer. I have really oily skin the Rosehip doesn't make me shiny or greasy.

http://www.eminenceorganics.com/products/index.php?paid=1

You can't purchase from the website, but you could probably find them on amazon.

Also it looks like maybe you skin would benifit from tea tree oil. Have you ever use tea tree? I soak a cotton pad w/ water then squeeze out the excess and then put 5+ drops of tea tree oil then squeeze again just to distribute the tea tree and then swipe my face like a toner and then press gently and hold on blemishes for 20, 30, 40 seconds whatever you want it helps. do 2x a day.

Edited by stopthemaddness

If he had a problem with it, he would have left a while ago,

and trust me... your acne isn't that bad,

they may look bad from the pictures but face to face.. not so much

If he had a problem with it, he would have left a while ago,

and trust me... your acne isn't that bad,

they may look bad from the pictures but face to face.. not so much

Aww don't bring yourself down so much, your acne is not bad at all! Your boyfriend obviously finds you attractive, or he wouldn't be with you.

Have confidence in yourself! :)

If he loves you, he loves you. Don't question it. Don't push him away because you're insecure and depressed, let him be there for you, tell him how you feel and allow him at least the chance to understand. Running and hiding will make you feel worse. Just let yourself be vulnerable. It's okay to do that.

There is no such thing as not being "good enough" for another human being. You're either right for each other or you're not. That's it.

I used to feel the same way with my ex. He didn't give a damn about my skin because he saw my good qualities. There are people out there to whom acne is just a grain of sand on a really kickass beach. ;)