Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girl_least_likely_to

So depressed and want to break up with my boyfriend :(

I have attached some pics...I am so sad, my skin won't clear up, I have stopped using BP because it was irritating my skin. I can't come off the birth control I'm on because I know my skin will go even more mental.

So currently I'm just using a face wash and taking vitamins...oh and the BCP.

I feel like I can't be around my boyfriend with no makeup on and when I do take it off, I have to keep the lights off.

He is so gorgeous, beautiful and can do so much better than me. I really love him but I think he deserves to be with somebody beautiful too.

I'm going on holiday with him in June and I am really scared because I can't hide my face from him anymore :( Plus I'm going t a festival in the summer...so that means a tent and no face wash facilities...I didn't want to miss out because of my awful face but what can I do? Its like a nightmare, all that dirt and putting foundation on top of foundation...I'll have to get some good face wipes, does anyone know any?

I don't want to break up with him but I feel disgusting...I really want to cry :( I hate my life so much. I have no idea what he sees in me...and there are so many other pretty girls out there with flawless skin etc etc...and I dont think I'm even that attractive either so acne + ugly = worse

I don't want him to just stay with me because he feels sorry for me though...I'm in pieces over this. What shall I do?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/jen.../DSCN4097-1.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/jen_girl/DSCN4096.jpg

Edited by Girl_least_likely_to

Dont sell yourself short. You are good looking too. Dont think that he doesnt deserve you. There is so much more to someone than clear skin. He obviously thinks so or you would be able to tell that it bothered him. Maybe you could just talk to him about it. Tell him how you are feeling, and Ill bet he will understand. Talking about it and getting your feelings out could help you feel better too.

Dont sell yourself short. You are good looking too. Dont think that he doesnt deserve you. There is so much more to someone than clear skin. He obviously thinks so or you would be able to tell that it bothered him. Maybe you could just talk to him about it. Tell him how you are feeling, and Ill bet he will understand. Talking about it and getting your feelings out could help you feel better too.

We don't talk about it, I never mention anything about acne, I pretend I don't have it if that makes sense...obviously he has eyes, but he never says anything.

I don't think im attractive, the only nice thing about me is my eyes.

Do you think my skin is really bad from those pics?

In all honesty, if I saw you walking down the street, I would not be bothered by it one bit. Its hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like most of your spots are small without any cysts. It also doesnt look like you have many scars (in the picture anyway) so even if you do they are not noticebable. Overall your skin looks pretty good. I know that even one pimple is too much, I feel the same way, but try to not to be so upset. You do have very nice eyes and that is the first thing people will notice about you, not acne.

i Noticed that you are only washing your face at night and don't use a moisturizer...Do you suffer from dry skin?? maybe a moisturizer would help?

i Noticed that you are only washing your face at night and don't use a moisturizer...Do you suffer from dry skin?? maybe a moisturizer would help?

I have tried an oil free moisturiser and it seems to make my acne worse...could give it another go I suppose

well, I think that using bp every other night is pointless....its just ineffective unless you use it consistently every day.......If I were you, I would try 2 things....

1. Use the BP once a day, Every night after you wash your face.

2. Buy some AHA, Dan's or Alpha Hydrox enhanced lotion...also make sure you get an spf moisturizer to wear during the day...olay complete with zinc oxide is really good.

well, I think that using bp every other night is pointless....its just ineffective unless you use it consistently every day.......If I were you, I would try 2 things....

1. Use the BP once a day, Every night after you wash your face.

2. Buy some AHA, Dan's or Alpha Hydrox enhanced lotion...also make sure you get an spf moisturizer to wear during the day...olay complete with zinc oxide is really good.

In my original post it says that I dont use BP anymore because it irritates my face...I think I've possibly become immune to it aswell :(

I'll take on board the advice about the AHA though, where would I get that from?

Plus I live in the UK so it will be expensive to import dan's stuff wont it? I have looked into it before

Hi,

Most girls here feel REALLY sad about how their acne prevents them from meeting guys and how it prevents them from being able to connect with someone. It looks like you found someone who doesnt even care about your acne nor makes your feel like it doesnt even exist. I mean, you got a guy who DOESNT EVEN CARE. You really need to stop and put things into perspective, your post gives me the indication that you feel as though there isnt any treatment available for you but yet you do have a support system from your boyfriend so you should take your time and figure out what works for your skin, in the meantime just continue as you have, would you like yourself better if your boyfriend dumped you because you had acne? I think that some people need to stop focusing on what they dont have and start focusing on what they do have. Do you think you should just roll over and die and that no one is supposed to love you because of your acne? Would you NOT love someone with acne? Thats essentially what you are saying by implying that your boyfriend deserves someone better. Do you think marriages and long committed relationships are based on looks? No, they are based on the character of a person and if your BF really doesnt care then he is a great guy and youre right, if you arent going to let him love you and accept you for who you are then maybe he does deserve to be with another girl, a girl who will appreciate a man who loves her for who she is and not what she looks like. Eventually you will figure out a treatment that works for you, and he may be long gone because you werent able to see what you had in front of you. Regardless you should be happy that he doesnt care. I am not saying this in a harsh way but in a way for you to open your eyes and see. I would recommend the Regimen because i think your acne is not very severe and i really think you would do really great on it. However, only you know if your face really does react badly or if maybe starting off doing Cleanser, BP on Active pimples and then moisturizer would help not make your whole face red but rather individually attack the pimples. THink of BP as medicine. If you continue to do what you are doing youre gonna get the same results, as far as your BF goes, either accept youre a lucky girl or let him go and let him find someone who will appreciate being loved for who they are and not what they look like. Good luck!

In my original post it says that I dont use BP anymore because it irritates my face...I think I've possibly become immune to it aswell :(

I'll take on board the advice about the AHA though, where would I get that from?

Plus I live in the UK so it will be expensive to import dan's stuff wont it? I have looked into it before

Any kind of cream or lotion that has AHA (example: glycolic acid) will do. Usually they will contain 8-12 % glycolic acid in them.

There is a brand called Alpha Hydrox which is really good...they make a product called Enhanced Lotion with 10% AHA.

"Neutrogena healthy skin face lotion" is another good moisturizer that has like 8 % AHA in it..

You can get these at any drugstore...as for the UK i dont really know what products are sold in drugstores there....but these two products are easily found online for pretty cheap. ebay is a good place to look too.

Ive tried both of these products and I saw results immediately...They didn't completely clear me, but they put a huge dent in the amount of acne and hyperpigmentation that I had (which was similar to the amount you've displayed on your pictures.) I think you should really give this is a try, lots of people see immediate results when using AHA.

ALSO: read up on AHA before you use it, so you will know what to expect and how to protect against sunburn..

Edited by Imthorpedo

Your skin actually looks really nice.

Granted you have spots but its not even nearly inflamed or scarred!

You have a very nice even skin tone and your eyes are amazing.

You have a boyfriend who loves you and trust me, you wont know what you untill its gone.

C'mon, were being silly arent we :)

Dead on, couldn't agree moar

I said this before on here to someone, a good boyfriend is there for you, not your skin. I am sure he does not see what you see.

We don't talk about it, I never mention anything about acne, I pretend I don't have it if that makes sense...obviously he has eyes, but he never says anything.

I don't think im attractive, the only nice thing about me is my eyes.

Do you think my skin is really bad from those pics?

in all honesty, i think u have a lovely face, and if ur boyfriend doesnt bring up your acne, then i think it genuinely doesnt bother him , and thats hes really attracted to your personality, and i completely agree that you should talk to him about it, u will feel better afterwards

Wow, you are so down on yourself. I won't sugar coat it... Yes, you have a skin problem for now, but you are certainly good looking. And it doesn't look like your problem is doing that much permanent damage. It's a serious drug to take for women, but have you talked to a doctor about accutane?

I'm a guy... If he had a huge problem with this, he wouldn't be around. I think you could be creating your own self fulfilling prophecy. If you keep thinking he's going to leave, he probably will eventually. But it won't be because of how you look. The number one thing that caused problems and breakups when I was younger, was no communication. You need to tell HIM what you are thinking and feeling. Otherwise, both of you are just sitting their wondering what the heck is going on... and most of the time, you're going to guess wrong. Don't be embarrassed. Sit down and tell him all the things you said here. I'm guessing he will take your problem for what it is... Something temporary. But one way or another, you will know and not have to keep wondering about everything. Tell him how you feel about him, and why you're scared. Don't worry about him, he can take it. You might be shocked to realize he feels scared too.

If he's the right guy he'll stay with you no matter what, and realize that acne is only a temporary condition. Also, appearance isn't the only factor that makes you more or less worthy of a guy's attention. I'm sure if he's with you there has to be a strong attraction to your personality. Be thankful that he's there in your life!

Oh, and you are gorgeous so I wouldn't even worry about it!

I have attached some pics...I am so sad, my skin won't clear up, I have stopped using BP because it was irritating my skin. I can't come off the birth control I'm on because I know my skin will go even more mental.

So currently I'm just using a face wash and taking vitamins...oh and the BCP.

I feel like I can't be around my boyfriend with no makeup on and when I do take it off, I have to keep the lights off.

He is so gorgeous, beautiful and can do so much better than me. I really love him but I think he deserves to be with somebody beautiful too.

I'm going on holiday with him in June and I am really scared because I can't hide my face from him anymore :( Plus I'm going t a festival in the summer...so that means a tent and no face wash facilities...I didn't want to miss out because of my awful face but what can I do? Its like a nightmare, all that dirt and putting foundation on top of foundation...I'll have to get some good face wipes, does anyone know any?

I don't want to break up with him but I feel disgusting...I really want to cry :( I hate my life so much. I have no idea what he sees in me...and there are so many other pretty girls out there with flawless skin etc etc...and I dont think I'm even that attractive either so acne + ugly = worse

I don't want him to just stay with me because he feels sorry for me though...I'm in pieces over this. What shall I do?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/jen.../DSCN4097-1.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/jen_girl/DSCN4096.jpg

You're so beautiful :) Your beauty makes the acne invisible.

Your acne is small... it will clear, and you'll have flawless skin. You won't have scars.

Eat healthy for glow skin. :) Green smoothie For The Win.

Edited by EddieE

Hiya lovey,

Just want to give you a big hug and tell you how beautiful you are!

My skin is very similiar to yours when I break out. Can I ask a you a few questions?

1. What birth control pill are you taking?

As some of them can worsen acne(eg progesterone only pills, ones with high oestrogen content.)

And if you switch to one that can actually help your skin(I'm on Yasmin, would recommend it!)then you don't have to have a break in between, so you will get a very minimal if at all break out from switching pills. I was originally on Dianette for 3 years before Yasmin. I've been on Yasmin for a year. I wouldn't recommend Dianette as it's very strong and you cannot stay on it long term.

2. You are allergic to bp like me! I see we share the same pale complexion, perhaps also the same sensitivities. What I have found to be most helpful and not irratating as a topical acne treatment is salicylic acid. You can find it in over the counter products in varying doses.

I use the clean and clear sensitive face wash(with salicylic acid).

I use a moisteriser that has no artificial ingrediants in it, and is rosehip retinol based(a form of vitamin A). I buy this from a woman on ebay who makes her own, she is a retired pharmaceutical and very knowledgable on acne. If you are having oil problems I REALLY recommend this moisteriser AND a DERMALOGICA product called MEDIBAC CLEARING MATTIFYER. Seriously my skin is an oil slick without these products in my life. And I mean really really oily. My dad has the same problem, but he also has no wrinkles at 57! So at least we have that to look forward to. This is all I use as a cleansing routine and topical care.

3. You need good face wipes? SIMPLE!!!! Seriously, if you have fair sensitive skin like me, simple is the only way to go. Their face wipes have never broken me out, even when I was covered in blue face paint for a day and had to really rub my face at night to get it all off!

You can get eye wipes and face wipes from the Simple range and they are not expensive. Id say to just get the kind to skin cleansing wipes, just very gentle cleansing.

4. You are taking vitamins? Can I please ask which ones?

5. What is your diet like? I ask this because I see your acne appears to be prodominantly on your cheeks, and I realised that when my cheeks break out terrible it was the result of a wheat and gluten intolerance. My body can't digest wheat and gluten at all and this was causing me to break out in these areas. This is just a theory by some researchers but they say certain areas f the face correlate to certain systems in the body. So acne and on the cheeks and forehead is digestion. And around the mouth, chin and jawline is hormonal. I know this might be a bit personal but if you ever find you are constipated and then break out on your cheeks or forehead this could link to a food allergy so I would recommend looking at what you are eating when you do break out.

When I stopped eating wheat, yeast and dairy my body and skin felt a lot better.

These are just some ideas taken from my own experience, but remember whatever stage you're at, your boyfriend would NOT be with you if he felt sorry for you. He obviously sees the real you, that you can't believe in at the moment, but seriously acne is just skin!

I've just started seeing someone and he has had acne since I've known him, just starting taking antibiotics to treat it. But if my skin flares up it doesn't bother him at all. But I know how scary it can be to be vulnerable like that and let him see you without makeup. But if he is a gooden he will love you just the same, even more for letting him in like that.

Keep smiling and live each day! xxx

Edited by Whiskers McCoy

when a guy really truly loves girl

he'll stay with her no matter what

& he's going to leave you just because you have acne

then he was never worth your time

:naughty:

yourrr beautifullll itss true <3

As a girl i can say i have been in your shoes and sometimes i slip there from time to time even now . In my mind, my boyfriend is like a god - hes tall dark and handsome and has this smile that well it makes me melt. He knew me before the acne and the scars and now is back intm my life and the acne and scars are here, full blown in your face... I wonder all the time, why is he wasting his time, he must still in love with the older version of me, etc etc... My suggestion for you is to find a way to channel those thoughts - when you start to get all down, depressed hating that mirror, cant put make up on because just cant stand looking in the mirror - girl, JUST DONT. go to a park, take a ride on the swings, listen to your favorite band from years ago, start up another hobbie... make yourself laugh. If you lose your positive attitude the fight with acne will only last longer. find a way to laugh at yourself... and remember if he is with you now and especially if he doesnt notice what you notice - what are you worried about! EMBRASS the love he shows you, all the time... love him back, dont hesitate! be proud of that and ignore those evil thoughts - negative thoughts about yourself - acne will be temporary - you have to believe that.

Suggestions for products - When ANYONE stops using BP I have noticed time and time again that it will cause a break out (mine lasted for about 10 weeks and mine was HORRIBLE incomparison to yours) - let that break out happen, get through it, your skin will thank you down the road. The idea of a glycolic acid product - i agree with, it will help with any scarring and wrinkles if you have them. but you have to take into consideration that whatever product you are switching to, it most likely isnt causing a break out, its your body pissed off that the drug it has been depending on, BP, isnt being fed to it anymore it and freaks out and causes a big time break out... its most likely not the newer product you are using now, so stick with it! Go to a dermatologist and ask them to kee pyou off the BP for a while - but id try to glycolic acid for your type of acne - its so minor, you are goregous, relax, laugh, smile, love life and your boyfriend and DO NOT think negatively about something you are proactively trying to fix - its temporary!

hugs to you!!!!! and seriously, if you are down, right now, get off this site and go watch a funny movie or go get some ice cream or whatever it is that makes your excited, just make yourself go do it... trust me, its baby steps towards a happier you!!! im in the same boat, lets do it together!

Tell him how you feel.

It's not fair on you or him to split up, he'll think theres someting wrong with him and you'll feel depressed because you have lost out on a great relationship because of acne!

I split up with my first bf when I was 16 becasue of acne and he never knew the real reason why. I felt so unhappy and horrible. I tried to speak to him when I was 18 and single and he ignored me. I think I hurt him more than I hurt myself.

I'm with someone now and I have been completely honest about my skin from the start. Don't get me wrong I wasn't like "hey I have really sexy acne" but once I got to know him and he knew me I started with things like "oh I hate my skin, it's getting me down" and then when we were serious I let him know how much it really bothers me. He actually sees me without make up!

It's hard when you wear make up because u feel like ur living a lie and that no one knows the real you. I used to think when a guy would see me without make up he'd do one.

Does your boyfriend share any of his insecurities?

I would tell your bf .... rich makes me feel so much better about myself and has helped me to stick to the regimen. I'm sure once your bf knows he will be extra support. It's corny but a problem shared is a problem halved. Good luck x

Does your boyfriend share any of his insecurities?

Believe it or not guys have their fair share of insecurities. Maybe if you open yourself up to him, he will do the same and you will both be beter off for it.