Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulyD

Foundation so white????

Guys i have a few really red acne scars so I have been using foundation to cover them but the foundation goes really white I dont understand??

I have bought medium and light-medium colour shades but when i put it on my arm it blends in 100% but when on the acne it really has trouble and then it looks like white circles where I try hiding my acne. Why would it look so white?? It's even worse when a camera takes a picture or in light.

PLEASE tell me a way to make it look like my natural skin tone I did some reading and I don't want to be putting anything on except some light foundation on the few red scars I have. Also, how do I make it look more smooth????

make sure you moisturize first because if theres dry skin around your acne the makeup will just accentuate the dryness. also i dont know how you apply it but try using a makeup sponge and dabbing the foundation on over your acne so the acne gets covered, but only use small amounts of foundation at a time when you do this so it doesnt go on too thick or end up cakey. also, you could try a tinted moisturizer instead. it wont have the white effect and it will help camouflage acne and help even out your overall skin tone.

Dab it on with a makeup sponge, don't swipe it on. Make sure you're properly moisturized. If the skin is dry, putting makeup on top will make you look white and flaky.

What kind of makeup are you buying...liquid or powder? What brand?

Ok guys well I can tell you i never moisturize first. Will a primer do the job of a moisturizer?? I have a primer but stopped using it after one time because it felt really sticky and stuff.

It's revlon i'm pretty sure and it's liquid. It was advertised as being this magical thing that blends into your skin colour and it does on my arm but not on my face? I think it has to do with the fact that the face has so many black heads and I guess different shades but why would the foundation turn out so white I can't understand this. And what's weirder is the medium turns out SO white. I apply it and it looks fine and then 2 minutes later is transforms into WHITE but the light-medium stays true to its colour but that's a little too light for my skin.

And sponge seems too big? These are acne scars I'm hiding not my whole face so I would like to keep the areas I put makeup on to a minimum.