Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tired_Of_Acne

Do you act differently at work

All i can be is this nice guy that smiles alot and is too afraid of putting a foot wrong. Its not like that when im with my mates im out going, have a laugh and just mess on basically being my true self but as soon as i goto work this new charachter takes control, hes very quite and shy, very polite and gets walked over by everyone! Every work place has a Mr Alway Right and so does mine this guys a complete d*ck he always tries and makes people feel small espeically me because he knows he can do it and get away with it. I work (only partime) in a bar and if their is a rare chance of a female to start talking to me, this pratt jumps in and embarreses me like flicking lager at me or pushing me out the way it really pis*ses me off. As for the girls that work their im just this polite moron that cant say no, i act so wooden infront of them and i know im doing it but i cant stop myself from doing it! All the girls there simply see me as a friend never anything more. Even the managment walk over me by getting me to do the shit jobs that no one else wants to do im sick of it! When im outside of work im simply not like this, if i dont want to do something i say no, i dont have a wooden personality outside of work, far from it. Maybe i should look for another job and start up a new me where nobody knows me.

Thanks i just needed to vent! :doh:

I would just get a job somewhere else, it wouldn't be too hard to get a job in another bar, all the local bars where I live are always recruiting.

Mate, if somebody is winding you up in work kick off with them! Tell them to **** off. You can't ever let anyone disrespect you, not even your boss. If your contemplating leaving then what have you got to lose?

Being hot headed just occassionally gains you a lot more respect in the workplace, just don't do it too often.

Ive learnt to not go out of my way to please everyone and the funny thing is when you act like this people will like you more.

Just my thoughts. Respect yourself and good luck.

I hope some douchebag mod doesnt delete my post... im going to say this with the best of intentions..

Dude, you need to GROW SOME BALLS. The other guy said find a job elsewhere, sure that may seem like a temprorary fix but theres assholes everywhere, and once they find out what kind of personality you have (wuss with no balls who can be taken advantage of) they are going to use that against you.

So if you quit your job and find a new place, make sure you grow some balls and not just let people treat you like a deck swabber.

It seems like it doesn't get you anywhere being nice these days. I've dealt with many rude bosses and employes so I've adopted a 'I don't care who you are, if you treat me like crap, I'll treat you like crap' attitude. I've gotten fired many times because I refuse to take crap from bosses. I don't have a problem with authority but if they talk to me like I'm an idiot, I don't sit there and take it. My jobs were just minimum wage, part time things that I didn't really need anyway. No one should treat you like crap no matter what their position.

I'm painfully shy and self-conscious and just my luck, I happen to work at Tom Bradley International at the Los Angeles Airport. I work at the busiest terminal in the entire Los Angeles Airport. Fun, eh?

I'm painfully shy and self-conscious and just my luck, I happen to work at Tom Bradley International at the Los Angeles Airport.  I work at the busiest terminal in the entire Los Angeles Airport. Fun, eh?

I think a job like that would be good for someone who's 'painfully shy'. I was very shy growing up but took a few waitressing jobs and customer service jobs and it helped me a lot. I think I'm more outgoing because they forced me to step out of the comfort zone.