Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shortycakes

dry skin after washing, but oily an hour later?

Hi I've recently got this problem. I was my face twice a day, and scrub usually every 1-2 days. After I cleanse my face (I use Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser) I get these dry spots on my face (usually under the eye area, parts of my cheeks, parts of my chin, and the space between my eyebrows), I moisturize, but they are always back within a few minutes. It makes it very hard to put make up on in the morning since my foundation will just enhance those dry spots with flakes. Does anyone know what I can do to help. I thought it was because I kept using the Neutrogena Pore refining toner, so I stopped using it for a while, but the problem is still there. I really don't understand. Also usually an hour or two later, my face is completely oily! Whyyy??

I have the exact same problem as you do, i use a facewash to stop my face from being oily, but it just dries it out so i moisturize to fix it and 2 hours later my skin is oily.

is there any cure?

Hi I've recently got this problem. I was my face twice a day, and scrub usually every 1-2 days. After I cleanse my face (I use Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser) I get these dry spots on my face (usually under the eye area, parts of my cheeks, parts of my chin, and the space between my eyebrows), I moisturize, but they are always back within a few minutes. It makes it very hard to put make up on in the morning since my foundation will just enhance those dry spots with flakes. Does anyone know what I can do to help. I thought it was because I kept using the Neutrogena Pore refining toner, so I stopped using it for a while, but the problem is still there. I really don't understand. Also usually an hour or two later, my face is completely oily! Whyyy??

no i don't and i don't usually use anything between cleansing and moisturizer. if i have a pimple or something i'll use the Neutrogena 3-in-1 oil free gel

Right, i think why your face is getting dry is because you are washing 2 times a day, which i think can make your skin tight and obviously dry. Try washing once a day and see if the dryness gets better.

Anyway, products i would recommend for you are these because they are all free from alcohol, fragrance, parabens and sulfactants which are skin irritants.

Cleanser - La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

Moisturiser - Avene Skin Recovery cream

Clean and Clear blotting sheets - to help get rid of oil during the day

Avene Thermal spring water spray - spray during the day and help with oilyness again

Liz earle muslin cloth - help get rid of dead skin and light way to exfoliate

Hope you find that helpful, any questions i will answer for you.

Edited by aLeXeLa

Right, i think why your face is getting dry is because you are washing 2 times a day, which i think can make your skin tight and obviously dry. Try washing once a day and see if the dryness gets better.

Anyway, products i would recommend for you are these because they are all free from alcohol, fragrance, parabens and sulfactants which are skin irritants.

Avene Thermal spring water spray - spray during the day and help with oilyness again

when would be a good time to wash my face in the morning or in the night? because usually my face is really oily before i go to sleep and it is really oily when i wake up. if i don't wash it in the morning my face ends up getting oily faster.

I wouldnt use that neutogena moisturiser as it has alcohol and parabens in it which are not good imo.

Edited by aLeXeLa

when would be a good time to wash my face in the morning or in the night? because usually my face is really oily before i go to sleep and it is really oily when i wake up. if i don't wash it in the morning my face ends up getting oily faster.

If you feel more comfortable and clean washing day and night and having no problems, continue - but i do feel this is probably why your face is getting dry - however maybe a new moisturiser could be the answer. (and rememeber just to moisturise the dry patches - not all over skin).

However if there was a choice between the two - wash in the morning