Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bdonpowerlifter

Bowel Cleanse, liver flush

So I've been thinking about doing a bowel cleanse, I've heard 4 Total Cleanse is good, and then doing a liver flush. My question is do you think it will be beneficial since I am still pretty young (21 years old)? I feel like older people would have more success with it because they have many more years of junk inside of them. Also for those that have done either of these things, did you lose weight because of it? I'm really scared about losing weight because I'm already pretty light and I've been a weightlifter since sophomore yr of high school and really don't want to lose all of my hard work for something that might not even work. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I did a bowel cleanse about a year back. Don't remember the exact product but I know I got it from the Vitamin Store in the mall. It didn't really clear up my face at all. However, I did stop farting for about a month after that. The flatulence soon returned and now I'm back to where I was then. I can honestly say I see no difference from this day to before I ever did the cleanse. Which is why I'm so hesitant to put my body through that again.

How much do you weigh and what is your diet like? I bodybuild / powerlift, and I know that sometimes we can get carried away eating the wrong stuff. Hell I went from 193 to 217 from August 09 - February 10 from concentrated eating.

These cleanses aren't going to get you the results you want.

How much do you weigh and what is your diet like? I bodybuild / powerlift, and I know that sometimes we can get carried away eating the wrong stuff. Hell I went from 193 to 217 from August 09 - February 10 from concentrated eating.

These cleanses aren't going to get you the results you want.

Right now I am not certain how much I weigh, but if I had to guess I would say about 112. I powerlift as well, at least I did in high school, I still do the same training but I don't compete anymore. In high school my diet was pretty good at home, but at school I always ate whatever crap they were serving, and when I started driving I was eating fast food a lot more. Since I've been in college my diet has gotten a lot better. Lots of veggies, few pieces of fruit a day, Organic beef, chicken, and turkey, salmon, tuna, eggs. Just recently I've stopped taking protein powder, milk, cheese, yogurt because I am cutting out dairy for a while to see if there are any positive changes. Unfortunately this is where the majority of my daily calories came from and I am having a hard time trying to find things to replace them. I also cut out wheat and gluten to test those out as well so no more peanut butter sandwiches and the like, even more lost calories. I have lost three or four pounds since doing this but my strength has not been affected really, maybe 5 pounds weaker on a few lifts, nothing to whine about really. I took a long break from training for a while so I am just now getting back to where my lifts were when I was at my strongest, at States senior yr in 07, but it is what it is. I don't think I'm going to go through with the cleanses, at least right now. Even if they do help I just feel like I am going to wither away and people are gonna ask what's wrong with me, lol.

Did you go through with it? I'm thinking about doing a liver flush. Could hurt, but honestly I'm ready to take a chance.

No I haven't gone through with it yet. I am very indecisive at the moment. One day I decide to do it, then later I change my mind. I'm just afraid I'm gonna do it, lose a bunch of weight, have no effect on my acne, and I'm gonna get really pissed cause I made myself lose all that weight, and most likely strength, for nothing.

any type of cleansing or fasting will surely help your acne. I am just speaking from mine and many others personal experiences.

Also I would not worry about weight loss I only lost like 2 pounds doing them

any type of cleansing or fasting will surely help your acne. I am just speaking from mine and many others personal experiences.

I've lost around 17 pounds of mucle mass since I started fasting weekly and went vegan.

I've lost around 17 pounds of mucle mass since I started fasting weekly and went vegan.

YIKES!! 17!? I'm sure everyone's experiences are different but if I lost that much weight I would go down to the double digits! That's what scares me about doing this.

Fail