Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doy5

Carb Sources Without Gluten

Ive bee trying to cut and limit my gluten intake, which means cutting out a lot of carbs. I recently cut out oatmeal because I read it has quite a bit in it, which is usually had the flavored. Basically all Im eating now for carbs its seems like is fruit and rice :(

Can someone give me a few other sources of carbs that are generally free?

I think that list pretty much sums it up. All I can think of is lentils. They have 17-30 grams of protein per half cup.

I think that list pretty much sums it up. All I can think of is lentils.

Not hardly. How about all fruits and vegetables?

agreed.

Bro, there are way too many to list. My favorite are tubers and starchy fruits because they have the advantage of not having (or at least having much less) other lectins and toxins that all grains have. For example, plantains, malanga, taro, sweet potatoes, name, etc.

There is a grain used by Africans to make 'teff' (at least I think it is teff). They add water and another ingredient and it turns into a spongy, stretchy dough. After it is baked, they roll the dough like toilet paper and then tear off pieces (just like toilet paper) to eat other foods on their plate.

It is actually very interesting. I believe it was an Ethiopian cuisine.

Edited by Dotty1

Quinoa is a godsend

Too bad it has a nasty taste.

That's 'cause you have to rinse it first :razz:

Beans are a good source. You can make a good salad with them if you aren't into leaves.

Quinoa is a godsend

Too bad it has a nasty taste.

I don't know what you're talking about...

I cook it with black peppers, sea salt, italian seasoning, basil.. etc.

= MONEY TASTE

I soaked mine for 24 hours and made porridge. Then mixed it with some onion and cucumber. It wasn't that bad, but I prefer buckwheat or rice.

Edited by hesitation

I soaked mine for 24 hours and made porridge. Then mixed it with some onion and cucumber. It wasn't that bad, but I prefer buckwheat or rice.

Did you rinse it well first?

I think so... Can't be sure though. I actually soaked it for 8 hours not 24. Does anyone know if it's the same with brown rice? It should be soaked to get rid of lectins?

I think so... Can't be sure though. I actually soaked it for 8 hours not 24. Does anyone know if it's the same with brown rice? It should be soaked to get rid of lectins?

Soaking alone won't have much effect on phytic acid in rice. Here is a simple, better way:

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009...brown-rice.html