Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScoobyDoo

3 Years Post Accutane

I suffered from acne for 20 years.

I just realized that it has been three years since I finished my course. It was the best choice I ever made about my skin. A better choice would have been taking accutane a lot sooner than I did, but I was too afraid after hearing all of the horror stories.

It was my miracle cure! :dance:

I just realized that it has been three years since I finished my course. It was the best choice I ever made about my skin. A better choice would have been taking accutane a lot sooner than I did, but I was too afraid after hearing all of the horror stories.

What was your total dosage or how much mg/kg did you end up taking? I am doing 93mg/kg but itseems the general consensus is 120-150 is needed for curing.

Thanks for sharing this. I also have acne for over 20 years and finally committed to

Accutane. I am beginning month three so am really feeling some side effects, but am also seeing results.....................first time EVER, so encouraging to see sustained results and that it'll all be worth it!

Very encouraging. I am so glad that you came back to share that. I was kind of curious about the "after" part because many don't continue to post after they are done with treatment. I am glad it worked for you and kept working! 3 years, wow. Good to hear. Congrats!

That is good to hear...I've had acne for 25 years, and am considering accutane. It's nice to hear stories where it hasn't come back after finishing the course.

What was your total dosage or how much mg/kg did you end up taking? I am doing 93mg/kg but itseems the general consensus is 120-150 is needed for curing.

I weigh 120 lbs and I did 40 mgs for six months. I don't remember the formula, but I do remember that I did it long enough to do the ratio that is suggested on this site.