Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
milkncoffee

some one please help!

i get some white heads 1 or 2 before or during my period, and one or two on my chest sometimes. i think its hormonal. after my fiance left for boot camp iv been breaking out more, right now i have some under my nose, my chin, one on the side of my lip. im freaking out!! what do i do? my skin scars so easy and the red marks last for ever! im so scared can anyone help??

Get on the regimen, or if your acne is only spots then go and get some Neutrogena on the spot 2.5% BP -- use that on the blemishes..also i actually saw a thing on this little powder like substance that you put on little whiteheads and they disappear the next morning. Its called Mario Badescu Drying Lotion its about $17 at ULTA - but my recommendation is to drink more water, change your pillow cases, dont touch your face, dont try to pop those and just find a on the spot treatment! good luck!

i dont want to get on bp as it sounds harsh and dosent help with red marks! can stress make you breakout like this? im planning our wedding while hes at marine boot camp and everything crazy right now. im hopeing to go to the derm for azelic acid soon. do you think that would help?

if i got on the regime, does it completely clear acne? or do you have to do it forever?

i dont want to get on bp as it sounds harsh and dosent help with red marks! can stress make you breakout like this? im planning our wedding while hes at marine boot camp and everything crazy right now. im hopeing to go to the derm for azelic acid soon. do you think that would help?

if i got on the regime, does it completely clear acne? or do you have to do it forever?

It can definately be stress. That's my trigger. I always breakout before exams or going back to school. But during the summer when Im home I hardly breakout at all.

It seems from your post that your acne condition is not too severe. So my strong recommendation would be to not use anything harsh on your face. BP is too harsh for moderate to mild acne conditions. It dries out skin, and then your skin will compensate by producing excess oil, causing more acne. This starts a cycle that is quite honestly hard to get out of! And in addition all that dryness will cause redness, flakiness, and itchiness. You don't need that.

Stress is absolutely reported to be associated with acne. During times of stress you body goes out-of-balance, and a complex chain of physiological events starts. Eventually the result is excess production of oil (sebum). This clogs your pores and causes blackheads, whiteheads, and inflamed acne spots.

For you, my honest recommendation is to start a daily skin care routine that is mild and natural. There are many natural ingredients that are excellent long-term solutions to acne. My acne was much more severe than yours. I used to have inflamed spots--many at the same time, blackheads, and whiteheads. And they left these unsightly brown marks that took months to fade.

I tried everything, including BP, but harsh substances made me breakout even more. This caused stress, and that added fuel to the fire!

Now my routine is simple. I use a mild cleanser packed with anti-acne natural extracts AM and PM. Then I moisturize with an anti-acne lotion AM and PM, which is also packed with safe and natural anti-acne extracts. It has worked wonders on my skin. It took about 2 weeks for me to see visible improvement, but I have used these products for 6 months now, and my skin hasn't had any breakouts. It looks calm and radiant. I buy these online from this company called Apsara Skin Care. I don't think they sell in stores. At least I haven't seen the products in any store. They sell online. If you call them, they will also give you suggestions, and help you create your own daily anti-acne routine.

I will try to spread the word to as many people as I can. I know what it is like to have acne!

Good luck!

Hope this was helpful to you.

It seems from your post that your acne condition is not too severe. So my strong recommendation would be to not use anything harsh on your face. BP is too harsh for moderate to mild acne conditions. It dries out skin, and then your skin will compensate by producing excess oil, causing more acne. This starts a cycle that is quite honestly hard to get out of! And in addition all that dryness will cause redness, flakiness, and itchiness. You don't need that.

Stress is absolutely reported to be associated with acne. During times of stress you body goes out-of-balance, and a complex chain of physiological events starts. Eventually the result is excess production of oil (sebum). This clogs your pores and causes blackheads, whiteheads, and inflamed acne spots.

For you, my honest recommendation is to start a daily skin care routine that is mild and natural. There are many natural ingredients that are excellent long-term solutions to acne. My acne was much more severe than yours. I used to have inflamed spots--many at the same time, blackheads, and whiteheads. And they left these unsightly brown marks that took months to fade.

I tried everything, including BP, but harsh substances made me breakout even more. This caused stress, and that added fuel to the fire!

Now my routine is simple. I use a mild cleanser packed with anti-acne natural extracts AM and PM. Then I moisturize with an anti-acne lotion AM and PM, which is also packed with safe and natural anti-acne extracts. It has worked wonders on my skin. It took about 2 weeks for me to see visible improvement, but I have used these products for 6 months now, and my skin hasn't had any breakouts. It looks calm and radiant. I buy these online from this company called Apsara Skin Care. I don't think they sell in stores. At least I haven't seen the products in any store. They sell online. If you call them, they will also give you suggestions, and help you create your own daily anti-acne routine.

I will try to spread the word to as many people as I can. I know what it is like to have acne!

Good luck!

Hope this was helpful to you.

thank you. ill look into that. id love to cure it with out harming my skin. right now i have benzaclin, and saliciac acne wash. i dont think there doing much for me :(

It can definately be stress. That's my trigger. I always breakout before exams or going back to school. But during the summer when Im home I hardly breakout at all.

what do you do to combat it? im going to my fiances graduation in a month and i dont want to look bad. my bigest prob is when i get them they always leave red marks that take months and months to fade, iv had some stay for 6 months. even the ones i dont pick at, i try never to do that.

As your skin is so senstive i would recommend twice daily:

1 - Wash with luke warm water (No products)

2- Spot treat with lavender essential oil. Use a moist cotton ball.

3- Maybe use a non-cosmogenic moisturiser if your skin is dry.

Sometimes LESS is MORE for sensitive skin!

The problem with face washes is that they don't stay on your face for long. So their ingredients don't have enough time to work! Lotions and toners stay on all day, and so their ingredients can work all day and night and make a difference.

So the best face wash to choose is one with neutral PH. This doesn't cause dryness and irritation of skin that can contribute to acne.

Also it helps a great deal to use anti-acne face masks 2 or 3 times a week.

Another big tip is to not touch your face too much. Keep you hands and mind off your face. Go through a natural daily routine, and you will see amazing long-term results.

[quote name='soxfan24' post='2829192' date='Mar 12 2010, 08:46 AM'

what do you do to combat it? im going to my fiances graduation in a month and i dont want to look bad. my bigest prob is when i get them they always leave red marks that take months and months to fade, iv had some stay for 6 months. even the ones i dont pick at, i try never to do that.

I really havent figured out a way to stop stressing. Anyone who does would be a millionaire. The only thing I try to do is tell myself not to worry, which rarely works. Stress sucks because I breakout when I get stressed, and I get stressed when I breakout. Its a crappy cyle. I know how you feel about wanting to be clear for a big event. I have had things I wanted to get clear for and when they started coming up, and I wasnt clear, I would just stress out about it and make it worse. It really sucks now because I have pretty much isolated stress as my trigger. As soon as have a stressful day I know whats coming then I get mad and start the cycle over again.

I'd go with the spot treatment idea. Also remember stress and irritation definitely cause acne. I get zits right above my lip every now and then because I'm a trumpet player (those SUCK and they scar because I'm sure as heck not skipping practicing because of a stupid zit)

So be aware of yourself, do you touch that area often? Maybe rub your nose or having you been blowing it lately? I always break out during a cold because of how often I have to touch my nose, even with a soft tissue.

Also the best advice I can give is to CALM DOWN about your skin. You are very fortunate to have that few problems. Figuring out what works against or what causes acne is a challenge for everyone who has it (which is basically every human out there). Be prepared to try a few things. And even though you may not WANT to spend a lot of time on a program,..once you see clear skin,..its so worth it.

Also if you moisturize (Probably with the ooba oil ((the letter next to k does not work sorry))) that should prevent your skin from compensating for the dryness in the case of the Regimen.

Idk, I might be preaching here, for the Regimen worked for me (moderate-severe acne)

all I'm doing now is clearing up dark spots.