Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MattWBradbury

Dan's Moisturizer vs. Jergens - Original Scent

I had used Jergen's Original Scent moisturizer for a few months before switching to Dan's type. I had also been using Neutrogena 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and 2% salicylic acid. From what I could tell, I just wasn't using enough benzoyl peroxide; when I added more, it seemed like acne stayed down.

Dan's moisturizer does not seem to be keeping my face from drying out. I never had that problem with Jergens. I just put more moisturizer on just a few minutes ago, and my skin feels dry again. The moisturizer also leaves my skin very shiny, which doesn't look all that appealing. Would using Jergens be acceptable for this regime? I'm not sure if it will clog my pours, but it defiantly keeps my skin from drying out.

Based on that site's data, here are my findings:

Jergens - Original Scent

Water - 0

Glycerin - 0

Alcohol Denat. - 0

*Cetearyl Alcohol - 2

Cetyl Esters - 0

Glyceryl Dilaurate - 0

Cetyl Alcohol - 0

*Ceteareth-20 - 2

Lanolin Oil - 0

Dimethicone - 0

Fragrance - 0

Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross Polymer - 0

Sodium Hydroxide - 0

Methylparaben - 0

Propylparaben - 0

DMDM Hydantoin - 0

Total - 4

Acne.org Moisturizer

Water - 0

Glycerin - 0

Simmondisa Chinensis (jojoba) Seed oil - 0

Squalane - 0

Bisabolol - 0

Sodium Hyaluronate - 0

Panthenol - 0

Tocopheryl Acetate - 0

Cetearyl Alcohol - 2

Sorbitan Oleate - 3

Stearic Acid - 3

PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate - 0

Carbomer - 0

Triethanolmine - 0

Phenoxyethanol - 0

Ethylhexlglycerin - 0

Total - 8

I am not sure if this is accurate, but if it is, it appears that this version of Jergens mositurizer is better at not clogging pours than the one from Acne.org. I will to stick with Jergens as I can already see results from the the regime already. If Jergens is the cause of my acne, I should see signs of breakouts within a few days.

Edited by MattWBradbury

I've been using Jergens for a few days now, and it really seems to be helping. My face doesn't feel dry anymore, and I found it easier to spread around my face; Dan's moisturizer began to break down into a liquid and it would just slip around my skin instead of staying put; not sure why it did that because the first time I used it there was no sliding..

The only issue I noticed was that, when I woke up the first morning after applying it, my upper lip and my chin were really flaky. I used some Proactive Exfoliation cream to basically scrap all of the dead skin off. Since then, I haven't had a problem with flaking. I will continue with this moisturizer to see if anything crops up, but my acne is already starting to go away in under a week's time.

The one thing that I like most about this moisturizer is that it isn't sticky. I noticed right away when I started the regime that my face was sticking to my pillow. It was really odd. Switching back to Jergens got rid of the stickiness :D

Edited by MattWBradbury

I use jergens original scent just by coincidence, and I love it! I was on two topical antibiotics that really dried my skin out and with winter being so harsh here in Chicago it only added insult to injury; the jergens would heal the dryness overnight.

And it smells awesome.

It does smell awesome :3

That was one of the other things I didn't like too much about Dan's moisturizer; it smelled like moisturizer. Jergens-Original Scent smells like cherries and almonds :D