Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TuesdayRed

On-the-Spot is Sticky

I'm finding Neutrogena On-the-Spot to be sticky, even when I wait for it to dry. It also doesn't seem to be absorbing - if I scratch or rub my skin, a residue comes off. Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?

I'm finding Neutrogena On-the-Spot to be sticky, even when I wait for it to dry. It also doesn't seem to be absorbing - if I scratch or rub my skin, a residue comes off. Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?

I used Neutrogena on the Spot when I was first starting out on the regimen. I've also used it in the past for spot treatment. I agree with you, I don't think it absorbs as well either. I personally like Dan's BP because it is a gel. I think the gel BP drys 10x better and absorbs better into your skin. It seems sticky at first, but when it drys it isn't sticky at all. And, it doesn't ball up and come back off. Plus, Dan's doesn't look white after drying like Neutrogenas can. If your skin is dry though, after moisturizing I noticed some of the BP will come back off in areas. Is your skin dry? Maybe you should consider switching to Dan's BP? It is sooooo much cheaper but way more effective in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply! I'm just starting out so I wanted to try BP with something I could buy immediately before buying Dan's. I will try it though. It seems the gel format really makes a difference.

My skin's not oily. I'd say it's normal. I'm using Cetaphil's cleanser and lotion, which have always been good in the past. The addition of the On-the-Spot is what was leaving me sticky, I guess. Or maybe the combo of it with the lotion...

Thanks again.

You're welcome! I use Cetaphil moisturizer at night, and for me it tends to be greasy and kind of sticky. But, I've only used it since I've been using BP, so maybe it is the BP? IDK for sure. It's a great moisturizer but I only use it at night. I don't want a slimeball looking face during the day! HAHA Best of luck to you! :)

You should wait till your skin absorbs the BP before applying anything else after else. On-the-spot will tend to clump with the moisturizer if you don't wait long enough.

when using NOTS, i also had this problem. i'd mix it with some drops of water b4 applying, and it seemed to apply much easier. using a moisturizer that absorbed quickly also helped.