Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I figured I'd join up so I could get some support from fellow "sufferers", since everyone that doesn't have acne constantly tells me "not to worry about it", etc. I know they're just trying to make me feel better, but man... easier said than done. My girlfriend, who has been amazing and supportive, constantly tells me that "its not that bad", but that brings little comfort to me when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror with bright light.

I'm a 24 year old guy living in Florida, and I only started getting acne in my early 20's, along with an incredibly greasy forehead. (the rest of my face isn't oily at all though) I have tried everything under the sun, from Proactiv (lol), to Doxycycline, to Differin, and nothing really worked. I decided enough was enough, and finally started taking Accutane (Claravis). I am taking 80MG/day. My acne is concentrated mostly on my forehead/temple areas.

I'll sum up the first 42 days to get caught up:

Everything started out normally, got dry skin, and had one monster nosebleed about 10 days into my course. Whatever. Got really confident that I wouldn't have an initial breakout, but then about two weeks ago (right about at my one month mark), BAM.. my forehead has absolutely erupted! There are a lot of new red spots, and a few whiteheads, and quite frankly, I'm getting really discouraged.

My skin itself, which had been extremely dry for the first 4 weeks, is not very dry anymore. I don't really even need moisturizer, which is concerning for me.

I just hope that this initial breakout goes away soon, it is so terribly embarrassing and inhibiting to my social life.. I don't even want to look people in the eye when I talk to them, I don't want my picture taken, and I try to avoid social situations during the day, when the Florida sun accentuates the acne. It has basically taken away all self-confidence I had in myself.

So I hope this log will have a happy ending. I am gonna try to post some pictures when I get home from work tonight.

Here's to clear skin! (hopefully)

Oh, and PS: My member name is because of the Dueling Dragons roller coaster here in Orlando... I promise I'm not one of those Dungeons and Dragons nerds :)

Edited by duelingdragons

Good luck man! Don't be afraid to face the world. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!

-Pasha

I just hope that this initial breakout goes away soon, it is so terribly embarrassing and inhibiting to my social life.. I don't even want to look people in the eye when I talk to them, I don't want my picture taken, and I try to avoid social situations during the day, when the Florida sun accentuates the acne. It has basically taken away all self-confidence I had in myself.

I totally know what that's like! There are days I avoid looking at people, because I don't want to see them staring at me.

I hated it when people took group photos, because I would always be "the guy with the red face" on the photo. In fact, I don't have any photos of me, I haven't bothered taking any for the past several years.

Good luck on your course, just keep hope, and you should be clear soon :)

Well, just went to the dermatologist Monday, and got my rx for Month 3.

I have two new pimples that have popped up, one on the top of my forehead (ugh, shocker), and one on my cheek. I am getting discouraged that I am still having new breakouts even though I am technically in my 3rd month now. :(