Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KNL71

Why don't more people try the regimen?

So, I was just sitting here thinking, why don't more people try the acne.org regimen? In my opinion, Dan is a genius! The regimen seems to be simple, but yet very effective. Pretty much all of the reviews are nothing but positive. Perhaps people are too lazy and don't want to spend the time it takes to do the regimen twice a day? I agree, it is a pain in the ass. But, it is totally worth it! Wouldn't you rather spend 20 minutes day and night doing the regimen and have clear skin versus not doing the regimen and having to worry about embarassing acne?

I am only in my fourth week and so far I have seen wonderful results. The acne that I did have is pretty much gone with the exception of a few red marks that will be gone soon. I just hope I continue to see positive results as time goes on. I will admit that there are some downsides to the regimen. My skin has been dry and flakey, but this can be treated with the right moisturizer and/or jojoba oil and AHA. Dry and flakey skin is only minor compared to bumps on your face in my opinion.

Maybe people don't know about the regimen? I didn't know about it until about two months ago when I stumbled across the website. Had I known sooner, I would have started a long time ago. Hopefully as time goes by, more and more people will find out about Dan's regimen and embark on the journey with the rest of us! :)

Maybe people don't know about the regimen? I didn't know about it until about two months ago when I stumbled across the website. Had I known sooner, I would have started a long time ago. Hopefully as time goes by, more and more people will find out about Dan's regimen and embark on the journey with the rest of us! :)

I think that's a big part of it. Dan doesn't advertise, so the only way people are going to find this site is if they happen across it online (like you did) or if someone tells them about it.

The thing is, a lot of people are too embarrassed about acne to admit to coming here. And it can be kind of awkward to be like, "Hey, friend, you should totally go to this ACNE website!". But since word of mouth pretty much the best form of advertising this site has, you can always help get the word out about Acne.org. (I have Acne.org stickers on a bunch on my online profiles. )

Also, I'm glad you're having such a great experience with The Regimen. I'm coming up on my second year on it, and I still love it. ; )

A long term treatment that requires 20 mins day and night won't enthuse too many people - but the results will.

I'm not sure if Dermatologists would support the site also as it directs people away from their care.

It would definitely be good if Dan's products were as commonplace as the other commercial products - though the video instructions / forums are a great reason for it's continued success.

I think a lot more could be done to market the site and products.

Edited by markbrown4

Most of people go to walmart and pick up whatever is in the shelf at their eye level. They semi-work and they are fairly satisfied i guess.

Not everyone has the desire to put as much harsh peroxide on their face as the regime requires on an indefinite basis. That was certainly what put me off for a long time, until i finally got desperate enough to try it - or at least something based on the regime.

I'm 99% clear, now.. so the regimen certainly has worked wonders, but i still have the feeling that i've merely applied a bandaid to an open wound. I'm currently slowly attempting to wean myself off the regime. I'm currently applying no more than a thumbnail amount of (5%) BP, once every other day, and so far so good.

The thought of applying BP twice a day in huge amounts forever is something that i have absolutely no desire of doing.

Not everyone has the desire to put as much harsh peroxide on their face as the regime requires on an indefinite basis. That was certainly what put me off for a long time, until i finally got desperate enough to try it - or at least something based on the regime.

I'm 99% clear, now.. so the regimen certainly has worked wonders, but i still have the feeling that i've merely applied a bandaid to an open wound. I'm currently slowly attempting to wean myself off the regime. I'm currently applying no more than a thumbnail amount of (5%) BP, once every other day, and so far so good.

The thought of applying BP twice a day in huge amounts forever is something that i have absolutely no desire of doing.

I understand, but I'd rather have clear skin and apply BP twice a day, then have to deal with breakouts. Down the road, I will be cutting back though like you have. But, I'll stick with the 2.5%, anything more is too harsh.

I heard that BP causes premature wrinkles... Is that true? My skin is fairly clear at the moment with my own Regimen (simply cleansing and not touching my face) but I was wondering anyway.

Considering it makes your skin irritated and very dry until your skin gets used to it, it doesn't seem that far-fetched...

But yeah, I agree that putting harsh chemicals on my face is not something I want. Doing almost nothing has done more good to my skin than any chemical designed for acne... If the Regimen works for many people that's wonderful though. :)

I heard that BP causes premature wrinkles... Is that true? My skin is fairly clear at the moment with my own Regimen (simply cleansing and not touching my face) but I was wondering anyway.

Considering it makes your skin irritated and very dry until your skin gets used to it, it doesn't seem that far-fetched...

But yeah, I agree that putting harsh chemicals on my face is not something I want. Doing almost nothing has done more good to my skin than any chemical designed for acne... If the Regimen works for many people that's wonderful though. :)

I worry about wrinkling with BP too, I am almost 35 years old, I need to be thinking about anti-aging, not acne :confused:. Since I am in my 30s my face is not going to heal as quickly after a BP dry out like someone younger. So I am very leery of BP. I would love some input on the wrinkling issue, because the BP does help some, I just fear the wrinkles....I literally cannot put anything very moisturizing on my face without breaking out....really stuck.

I worry about wrinkling with BP too, I am almost 35 years old, I need to be thinking about anti-aging, not acne :confused:. Since I am in my 30s my face is not going to heal as quickly after a BP dry out like someone younger. So I am very leery of BP. I would love some input on the wrinkling issue, because the BP does help some, I just fear the wrinkles....I literally cannot put anything very moisturizing on my face without breaking out....really stuck.

From the Acne.org FAQs:

Q: Does benzoyl peroxide cause wrinkles?

A: No, it does not cause wrinkles; however, some people experience wrinkling around the eyes due to applying benzoyl peroxide too closely to that area. This wrinkling is due to dryness and is not permanent. Avoid the eye area with benzoyl peroxide. It is also important to avoid the eye area with moisturizer that is applied over the benzoyl peroxide. This is because the moisturizer can mix with the benzoyl peroxide and bring the benzoyl peroxide with it. On a personal note, the lower half of my face, which is where I've been using benzoyl peroxide for 20 years, looks better than where I haven't. See this link for a pic of my skin after 20 years of benzoyl peroxide use.

I'm on my week 13 on the regimen. I'm acne-free now. I'm now recovering from scars and dryness of the skin and hopefully the wrinkles under my eyes. This is my progress with the regimen: Check my log

From the Acne.org FAQs:

Q: Does benzoyl peroxide cause wrinkles?

A: No, it does not cause wrinkles; however, some people experience wrinkling around the eyes due to applying benzoyl peroxide too closely to that area. This wrinkling is due to dryness and is not permanent. Avoid the eye area with benzoyl peroxide. It is also important to avoid the eye area with moisturizer that is applied over the benzoyl peroxide. This is because the moisturizer can mix with the benzoyl peroxide and bring the benzoyl peroxide with it. On a personal note, the lower half of my face, which is where I've been using benzoyl peroxide for 20 years, looks better than where I haven't. See this link for a pic of my skin after 20 years of benzoyl peroxide use.

Thanx for posting this reply :)