Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone here look at old pictures of themselves when they were clear or just having a good day and it makes you sad? I'm just sitting here looking at some old photos on my computer and I found a few where my skin looks flawless...and I just feel so defeated and sad.

When I was at my worse skin wise I would, not so much anymore, I kind of accepted the fact I have acne/scars so just got to deal with teh hand I'm dealt with

Not necessarily because photos aren't exactly true representations of a moment. They are simply the shadow of it, the last remnant.

I think it's really difficult but important to reach a point where you can look at yourself and be okay with what you see. Love yourself, including your imperfections. =)

Oh yeah. Some of my pictures I look clear but I know I wasn't, just the lighting and stuff. That doesn't change anything though, I'll still think to myself "geez, this is how I COULD look". It just makes me sad because I'm not the kind of person who hates everything about myself including acne. Minus the acne I like myself alot :/

I was super clear in my senior prom picture. I look at it now and Im like how did I do it? I used it as my facebook picture up till a few weeks ago. Im a sophomore in college now, but I never wanted to take a new picture because my skin has been looking pretty crappy. But I figured that it was a little weird to keep my prom picture considering it was 3 years ago. I dont want to be one of those guys who never left high school.

Yeah I'm the same...I keep wondering what I was doing differently then from what I'm doing now. My facebook picture is like...a year old...I havn't had a "good" day in a long time so I havn't been able to take a new one :/

Does anyone here look at old pictures of themselves when they were clear or just having a good day and it makes you sad? I'm just sitting here looking at some old photos on my computer and I found a few where my skin looks flawless...and I just feel so defeated and sad.

Oh ya! It sux hard core and gets me down even more because i miss it so much. Makes me think everytime of how good i did have it and i took it for granted then.

psssh my facebook picture is from when I was 4 :dance:

but i know how you feel, I do the same thing when i'm having a nasty breakout.

Yes, went through some pictures just last week. Terribly depressing. Looked so happy back then. I havnt taken a photo in a looooooooong time. :(

Edited by gday123

:( you're not alone... :(

I look at old pics of myself too and it's upsetting. There are pics of me from just like 4 year ago and I look happy and free and healthy. It's painful to see them. It wasn't that long ago. I try to remember the products I was using and how I was eating and my state of mind. The thing that upsets me the most is how much healthier I looked. I had a happy glow.. since then I've gotten married and moved out of my parents house and that might be the reason I look and feel horrible. There's more stress now..and back then I was laying by the pool a lot and laughing..but now...I'm married and I've gained 15 pounds and it could be better. Hopefully I can get it back.

Oh yeah. Some of my pictures I look clear but I know I wasn't, just the lighting and stuff. That doesn't change anything though, I'll still think to myself "geez, this is how I COULD look". It just makes me sad because I'm not the kind of person who hates everything about myself including acne. Minus the acne I like myself alot :/

ah...nostalgia, lol....least you've got some good looking pics, my clear ones are all from before i was 10....and yeah like you i think im a great person without my acne, it just shakes up my confidence a lot

Not necessarily because photos aren't exactly true representations of a moment. They are simply the shadow of it, the last remnant.

I think it's really difficult but important to reach a point where you can look at yourself and be okay with what you see. Love yourself, including your imperfections. =)

:wub: lol

@IJustWannaLookHealthy - that's so weird! I also tried to remember what I was doing for my face during that time. I even asked my mom to check her credit card history because I thought it was a certain topical I was using at the time...but I'll never know because the pictures are a year old and she can't check that far back :/

i cant remember the last time i was in a picture.its sad to even think about that im married with two kids and have never taken a family pic

Last time I was in pictures was around early winter when my skin was good. Pictures of me partying with a bunch of people. Now I avoid partying with super lame excuses of things I'm not really doing.

I have avoided being in pictures so much that there is pretty much no record of me existing in the last 5 years, lol.

I have avoided being in pictures so much that there is pretty much no record of me existing in the last 5 years, lol.

That sucks :( I'm a nostalgic person so I have to have pictures. Photoshop much?

Yeah, i tended to have lightened up a bit recently in regards to having my pic taken. The time came when i just got fed up of not having any photo memories any more.

I'm on the right track i think slowly but surely. I was such a recluse before.