Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoCalLove

Pustules - Extracting Sebum Plug?

Hey!

So recently I've had a couple big pustules pop up around my chin/mouth area. I've been pretty good about leaving them alone but sometimes there so big that I just can't help myself so I pop 'em. More than once, they have filled up again within 24 hours so that I have another pustule forming. Normally, after I pop 'em, it looks like I have two small whiteheads coming to the surface which then end up forming into a big pustule in a day or two.

I'm getting fed up with this so I searched around the board a little bit and read that they keep on reforming because I haven't been getting the sebum plug out, which is apparently the source and why they keep on reforming. Is this correct? And if so, can I pull these sebum plugs out? And how? How do I know when I've gotten it? Could anyone give me a little step-by-step guide?

Thank you!

Edit: Bit unrelated but....I was thinking about steaming my face and was wondering if it would be okay to do with a humidifier? And what's the procedure that you guys use with it? Steam before/after shower?

Edited by SoCalLove