Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
etfoo2009

acne and glasses

So Ive been on the regimen for about 4 weeks. I wear glasses, but I never used to get acne between my eyes where the rubber tips of the glasses lie. Just recently I have been getting acne there and it has been really bad. Does anybody have any tips on how to reduce this. And also, being 4 weeks into the regimen, should I still be having bad breakouts?

I just got one of these too, though I don't really mind it because it's under my glasses all the time. My guess is that the oils on the rubber pad that sits on the nose is a breeding ground for acne causing bacteria. I would reccomend cleaning the little rubber dealies with the clenser.

If you wear your glasses all the time, then you probably take them off to apply the regimen (or when you hop in the shower). I would just quickly clean the little rubber knobs every morning and evening while they're sitting by the sink.

I wear Ray Bans (the black plastic frames). They don't have those little rubber knobs on them, and I don't break out there. My nose isn't part of my problem area, though.

As for whether you should still be breaking out in your fourth week, What To Expect (http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html) says that you might still have acne at four weeks. I'm only in my first week, so I'm not sure.

Hmm. I don't wear glasses, so I can't really offer you any advice on this one, but MattWBradbury and Journalistico's suggestion of making sure to clean your glasses every time you clean your face sounds pretty reasonable.

Also, yeah, it's not uncommon to still be breaking out at a month in, so don't worry. Generally, Regimen users are seeing pretty significant clearing by the third month--although some people clear up faster and some may take a little longer--so just stick with it and try to be patient. ; )

I wair glasses all the time rarely get spots where the glasses have been sitting on my face, but its possible that if you dont clean them they could be transfering the oil from when you sweat back on to your face or the bacteria from your spots which would make more acne.

Edited by Az112

thanks for the tip. who knew such a simple suggestion would make such a big difference. I guess i never cleaned my glasses since I got them because i only wear them to drive and in class. But for the past week ive washed them once a day and the acne between my eyes is pretty much all gone. thanks for the advice