Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jieun

new to Dan's products! Q's on localized acne

Hello All!

So I am new to Acne. org. Just discovered this wonderful site and I am learning a lot so far!

I have fairly nice skin and acne was never an issue for me until recently, I've been getting breakouts on a localized area of my cheeks. Now, I am not breaking out all over, only on certain areas and it has been stressing me out for awhile since I've always had clear skin.

I would like to start the regimen but I am afraid Dan's regimen is only for people who are really prone to acne. I am pretty clear all over except for one spot on both cheeks which is breaking out. I am afraid that his regimen might be too strong for me and once I start using it and eventually stop sometime in the future, it might cause me to break out again.

My first question is: Can BP be used as a spot treatment instead of the entire face? (like following the regimen, but instead of applying BP on entire face, just the troubled spots).

2. Let's say my skin clears up and I discontinue BP, would this cause my skin to be acne-prone? Do I have to continue using BP to stay clear?

3. Is it safe for someone with clear skin (with no acne problems) use the BP? (My friend has really clear skin and she wants to add the BP in her own regimen because she read alot of good reviews on it but not sure whether it will do the job).

Your feedbacks and opinions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!! =)

I am really excited to join the community and hope I can be a great part of it.

Hello All!

So I am new to Acne. org. Just discovered this wonderful site and I am learning a lot so far!

I have fairly nice skin and acne was never an issue for me until recently, I've been getting breakouts on a localized area of my cheeks. Now, I am not breaking out all over, only on certain areas and it has been stressing me out for awhile since I've always had clear skin.

I would like to start the regimen but I am afraid Dan's regimen is only for people who are really prone to acne. I am pretty clear all over except for one spot on both cheeks which is breaking out. I am afraid that his regimen might be too strong for me and once I start using it and eventually stop sometime in the future, it might cause me to break out again.

My first question is: Can BP be used as a spot treatment instead of the entire face? (like following the regimen, but instead of applying BP on entire face, just the troubled spots).

2. Let's say my skin clears up and I discontinue BP, would this cause my skin to be acne-prone? Do I have to continue using BP to stay clear?

3. Is it safe for someone with clear skin (with no acne problems) use the BP? (My friend has really clear skin and she wants to add the BP in her own regimen because she read alot of good reviews on it but not sure whether it will do the job).

Your feedbacks and opinions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!! =)

I am really excited to join the community and hope I can be a great part of it.

Answers to your questions:

1. In my opinion, BP doesn't work that great as a spot treatment. BP is more so made for the prevention of acne. BP oxygenates your skin. Bacteria that causes acne can't live in oxygenated environments, thus meaning BP helps prevent acne from forming. Dan recommends AHA as a spot treatment. I haven't tried this yet though.

2. I don't think the discontinued use of BP would cause your skin to become acne prone persay. However, by not using BP anymore, your skin would not be oxygenated, meaning bacteria that causes acne could and probably would form. Most people continue using BP until they "grow out" of acne. After people are clear and remain clear for a while, some like to decrease the amout of BP being used. For exmaple, instead of using it twice a day some might step down to only at night time. If they remain clear, then they may decrease the amout being used at night time and so on.

3. I guess I'm confused why a person would want to use BP if they are acne free? That doesn't make any sense to me. BP helps prevent acne from forming, so if you are acne free there is no need to use the product. If your friend wants to improve the overall look of her skin, she could try using an AHA moisturizer. AHA gently exfoliates your skin by removing dead skin cells, allowing new fresh skin to emerge. This would give your skin a smoother texture and look.

P.S. Welcome to acne.org!!!! :)

Oh yeah I forgot to add one thing! You don't HAVE to use BP all over your face. You can use it only on the areas that have acne. For example, since you only break out on your cheeks, you could just use the BP here. Dan said the only problem area he has is his chin and aroud his mouth. Dan doesn't use BP all over his face, just the problem area.

Thank You sooo much for your reply! I really appreciate your thorough response, it helped me alot =)

I think I am going to start using Dan's BP & AHA moisturizer! YAY!

Thank You sooo much for your reply! I really appreciate your thorough response, it helped me alot =)

I think I am going to start using Dan's BP & AHA moisturizer! YAY!

You're weclome! :) Be careful with the AHA. Dan recommends waiting several weeks before using. When you're skin first is adjusting to the BP it can be slightly irritated. So, adding AHA too soon could cause further irritation. I bought Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream last night and used it, even though I'm only my 4th week (couldn't stand the dryness and flakes anymore!). My face didn't burn or sting or become irrtated at all! :) Good luck to you!