Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, I have finally decided to start a log. Many times in the past I have taken pictures and then deleted them. Wrote about my skin routine, then deleted it. Here I will keep track of all the products I use and the results.

Currently I'm using:

Morning:

-Clean & Clear Morning Burst Scrub

-Christian Dior Hydra Action Face Cream

-Christian Dior Hydra Action Eye Cream

-Clean & Clear Fast Clearing Spot Treament (Part of the Advantage Acne Control Kit)

Night:

-Clean & Clear Acne Control Cleanser (Part of the Advantage Acne Control Kit)

-Clean & Clear Fast Clearing Spot Treament (Part of the Advantage Acne Control Kit)

This has been working fairly well - keeping my acne at bay. However, it is "that time of the month" so my chin is breaking out a bit. I still have red marks on my chin.

Makeup:

-Bare Minerals Mineral Foundation

-Cinema Secrets Concealer - only on red marks and under my eyes. (This really covers everything!)

-Victoria Secret Blush

-MAC eyeshadows

I have changed back and forth from many concealers and foundations. With these products I haven't seen a dramatic increase or decrease in acne. However, I do think the mineral foundation makes a difference. In the past liquid foundations have really "oiled up" on my face and basically slide off by the end of the day.

Today I bought: MD Skincare Alpha Beta Face Peel.

Every review I read has been great. I just cleansed my face and applied the new product. My face really does feel very clean and for once I feel as though I have completely cleansed the day off my face. These alpha beta face pads removed every last bit of dirt and makeup that my cleanser did not reach. We'll see how I wake up tomorrow morning.

Pictures:

Taken with iPhone...so they're not the best quality and probably don't accurately show my skin.

post-67616-1268325310_thumb.jpg

post-67616-1268325323_thumb.jpg

post-67616-1268325310_thumb.jpg

post-67616-1268325323_thumb.jpg

Edited by ___christina

DAY 2 USING ALPHA BETA FACE PEEL

Today I woke up and my face felt very smooth. Im wondering if the Alpha Beta Face Peel did anything. It is only the first treatment, but we'll see. These can be used daily and I was very tempted to do another treatment this morning, but I think it is best to wait until night time because I can use them after I clean off my makeup from the day. I like the idea of these pads catching any of the extra makeup and dirt my cleanser didn't reach.

Pictures from this morning:

(Again with iPhone)

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel as though my skin isn't as red looking. A bit smoother.

post-67616-1268325646_thumb.jpg

post-67616-1268325655_thumb.jpg

post-67616-1268325663_thumb.jpg

post-67616-1268325646_thumb.jpg

post-67616-1268325655_thumb.jpg

post-67616-1268325663_thumb.jpg

Edited by ___christina

DAY 4 USING ALPHA BETA FACE PEEL

This morning I woke up and though my red marks are still there, the texture of my skin has improved in very little time. I feel as though I have a doughy look to my skin and it actually glows. The pimple on my chin has improved and I'm happy with the results far. (Yesterday when I woke up the pimple on my chin popped with just a gentle touch - gross! Now it has dried up and hopefully with be gone within the next two days).

As many people, I always want instant results but Im happy with the improvements so far. I'm tempted to try the other MD Skincare products...my skin has been reacting well the the face peel and I wonder what their other products are like. I wrote to a "skincare professional" on the website and they told me for my skin type and for what Im concerned about, the products that would be the best for me are:

"First I suggest our Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel. It clears away dead & dull skin, cleans out pores, smooths the skin and evens skin tone. It truly is all purpose and fantastic- our #1 seller! It will certainly restore the radiance to your face as it will slough away all the dead skin and smooth out any bumpiness from the blemishes and cysts. The patented microexfoliation reduces the appears of scarring and treats current breakouts. Most people see improvements after just one use.

Next I recommend our new Trifix Acne Clearing Lotion which contains 3 potent ingredients to fight acne. Organic Aloe helps reduce the appearance of scars and retinol fights the signs of aging. It's a great product and really works well when applied after the Alpha-Beta Daily Face Peel.

As for moisturization, which is key, I suggest you try the Hydra-Pure Oil Free Moisture which hydrates the skin without clogging the pores with unnecessary oil. It is still very soothing and moisturizing due to natural aloe and other humectants that draw water to the skin. This particular moisturizer also contains a chelating complex which softens hard water which can lead to skin irritation."

Maybe I'll wait on this due to finances and I am a bit nervous to screw up whatever "control" I have with the Clean & Clear Acne Kit.

Edited by ___christina

You use a lot of the same products that I use. Like the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Scrub, Clean & Clear Fast Clearing Spot Treament, Clean & Clear Acne Control Cleanser, Bare Minerals Mineral Foundation. : ) What do you think about the foundation? I got this because my friend has been using it for such a long time and her skin has always been perfect. She doesn't get any pimples at all. But when I use the foundation..i think it's cause of my skin, it just looks oily and stuff. Not when I first put it on but by the end of the day. But i like the clean&clear acne control cleanser, i think it makes your skin feel sooo nice : )

That face peel you are talking about sounds so nice too : ) I hope you keep getting good results!

You use a lot of the same products that I use. Like the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Scrub, Clean & Clear Fast Clearing Spot Treament, Clean & Clear Acne Control Cleanser, Bare Minerals Mineral Foundation. : ) What do you think about the foundation? I got this because my friend has been using it for such a long time and her skin has always been perfect. She doesn't get any pimples at all. But when I use the foundation..i think it's cause of my skin, it just looks oily and stuff. Not when I first put it on but by the end of the day. But i like the clean&clear acne control cleanser, i think it makes your skin feel sooo nice : )

That face peel you are talking about sounds so nice too : ) I hope you keep getting good results!

Hey, Thanks for replying! It's nice to get other people's input about products and even my own progress! Haha.

The morning burst scrub is really great...it's gentle but still does the job of exfoliating well. I even find myself using it at night along with the Acne Control Cleanser because I feel as though it removes the makeup well. I do like the tingly sensation with Acne Control Cleanser..it really makes my skin feel fresh. However I only use it at night (and sometimes on certain areas on mornings when I have a bad breakout) because I feel as though it's really drying if used morning and night every day. What do you think?

As far as the foundation goes - it's alright. I like it because it's light and it's really great for the summer...it's absorbs any oil and keeps my skin looking very fresh even when it's really hot out. However, right now in New York it's really cold and windy, so my skin has been a bit dry. Unless you're moisturized really well I feel like the Bare Minerals foundation can look cakey even with just one application because it settles in any cracks of the skin. You said your skin looks oily with it...Do you use the Mineral Veil powder that goes with it? I put that on after in a patting motion on my t-zone and my makeup stays set for the majority of the day. What kind of moisturizer do you use? It may be based on that. The Dior moisturizer that I use is very light and airy...not greasy feeling at all - which is why I have stuck with it...despite the price tag.

DAY 5 USING ALPHA BETA FACE PEEL

Well it's Sunday morning here in New York. We just changed the clocks back an hour last night. I went to sleep rather late after a few drinks, which hopefully my skin will be forgiving of. I also have slacked off in the food department this weekend topping the charts with Wendys, Taco Bell and Cheesecake Factory. Despite being extremely tired last night I washed my face with my normal routine and did another treatment of the Alpha Beta Face Peel.

Im slowly seeing results. Skin texture has definitely improved. It's unbelievable how soft my skin feels. The pimple around my chin area is almost completely gone and I don't know if it's just me but I feel like my red marks just may be starting to fade. However it's the morning....

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I feel like my skin always looks the best in the morning - very fresh. I don't mean after I wash it - I mean straight out of bed. I don't understand it. Also, after I take a shower or wash my face I feel as though my red marks are inflamed and really stick out more. Anyone else experience the same thing?

Edited by ___christina

Hey, Thanks for replying! It's nice to get other people's input about products and even my own progress! Haha.

The morning burst scrub is really great...it's gentle but still does the job of exfoliating well. I even find myself using it at night along with the Acne Control Cleanser because I feel as though it removes the makeup well. I do like the tingly sensation with Acne Control Cleanser..it really makes my skin feel fresh. However I only use it at night (and sometimes on certain areas on mornings when I have a bad breakout) because I feel as though it's really drying if used morning and night every day. What do you think?

As far as the foundation goes - it's alright. I like it because it's light and it's really great for the summer...it's absorbs any oil and keeps my skin looking very fresh even when it's really hot out. However, right now in New York it's really cold and windy, so my skin has been a bit dry. Unless you're moisturized really well I feel like the Bare Minerals foundation can look cakey even with just one application because it settles in any cracks of the skin. You said your skin looks oily with it...Do you use the Mineral Veil powder that goes with it? I put that on after in a patting motion on my t-zone and my makeup stays set for the majority of the day. What kind of moisturizer do you use? It may be based on that. The Dior moisturizer that I use is very light and airy...not greasy feeling at all - which is why I have stuck with it...despite the price tag.

I don't use the mineral veil..idk why but i've never tried it even though i checked and i have it! i use one of the clean&clear foundations and idk my skin is sometimes really dry around my chin bu then my t-zone gets oily :/ I really want to get the Full Coverage Kabuki Brush. It looks so nicee.

As for the acne control cleanser..i sometimes use it twice a day but mostly just once, because i do think it dries out my skin a little too much : /

I don't use the mineral veil..idk why but i've never tried it even though i checked and i have it! i use one of the clean&clear foundations and idk my skin is sometimes really dry around my chin bu then my t-zone gets oily :/ I really want to get the Full Coverage Kabuki Brush. It looks so nicee.

As for the acne control cleanser..i sometimes use it twice a day but mostly just once, because i do think it dries out my skin a little too much : /

I would try the mineral veil. I definitely see a difference when I don't use it. If I dont apply it when I'm done with my makeup I think I get a bit oily as well. It is just really nice to set everything with it. I use the full coverage kabuki brush from Sephora... When I first bought the Bare Minerals kit I had their kabuki brush, but after a year or so it became very rough and I felt as though it was irritating my face. I went to purchase a new one a few months ago, but they were sold out of the Bare Minerals brand kabuki brush. The Sephora brand works just as well. It's very soft to the touch. Either or would do fine. :)

I've started using the mineral veil..just a little bit on my forehead and nose : ) and it really does help! yaaay! i mean it still gets a liitle bit oily looking by the end of the day but way better. right now my skin around my mouth is super dry though. some people say that toothpaste can make you break out? i wonder if that's true. because i used to get a lot of blackheads around my chin and mouth but now that i havent picked at them in forever my skin looks great : )

and i really need to get a new brush to apply make up with because mine is kind of old and it feels rough and sometimes it hurts a little when putting on make up..that can't be good. i think it irritates my skin..wonder if that could me making my skin feel so dry. but yeah, definately need a new brush!

how are you doing? : )

Edited by starzie

I've started using the mineral veil..just a little bit on my forehead and nose : ) and it really does help! yaaay! i mean it still gets a liitle bit oily looking by the end of the day but way better. right now my skin around my mouth is super dry though. some people say that toothpaste can make you break out? i wonder if that's true. because i used to get a lot of blackheads around my chin and mouth but now that i havent picked at them in forever my skin looks great : )

and i really need to get a new brush to apply make up with because mine is kind of old and it feels rough and sometimes it hurts a little when putting on make up..that can't be good. i think it irritates my skin..wonder if that could me making my skin feel so dry. but yeah, definately need a new brush!

I'm glad the mineral veil is working for you! It really is nice to use at the end of your makeup routine. I like it a lot.

I've heard that toothpaste could break people out - I always brush my teeth first and then wash my face.

Definitely get a new makeup brush if you think it's rough. I think that can irritate the skin. A good brush cleaner is essential also. I use the MAC brush cleaner and it works pretty well. As far as makeup brush brands go I like the MAC brushes - they are very soft. Also the Sephora brand kabuki brush is really nice. (My boyfriend just asked what I was writing about and I said.."kabuki brushes"...he googled it.. saw a picture and goes..."Oh that's the one that feels nice". Hahah. They're so soft!) I also like the Essence of Beauty brushes from CVS - so cheap but really good for concealer and liquid makeup! Hope some of that helps! :)

I feel as though I havent updated in a while. Been busy.

I'll update tomorrow with some new pictures to show my progress. Around the 13th my skin was breaking out a bit, but that pimple is all clear and my skin is so smooth. I actually think my marks are starting to fade. Slowly, but I think they are. Pictures tomorrow morning after another treatment of the Alpha Beta Peel tonight!

Today I starting using Plus White 5 Minute whitening. You use it twice a day. It got really good reviews on drugstore.com..thought I'd try it out. Its only the first day and my boyfriend said he already thinks my teeth are whiter... Haha who knows. We'll see.

For now here's a picture of the products I've been using daily:

Edited by ___christina

DAY 10 USING ALPHA BETA FACE PEEL

Normally I use the face peel at night, but last night in order to cut my regimen short and have some more free time with my boyfriend at nice I just washed my face quickly. This morning I felt a pimple coming under my skin...right in the crease of my chin. So after showering and washing my face this morning I used the peel. It is meant to be used in the AM, but I actually like it better at night...for a few reasons:

-I didnt like the way my makeup went on after the peel, moisturizing and putting a spot treatment on. My face almost felt sticky.

-I like the Alpha Beta face peel pads to be used in the PM because (like Ive said in the past) itreally gets every last bit of dirt and makeup off my face and I feel fresh.

-And Im sure when I get another job in the earlier AM hours (right now I go to work at 2pm) I'm not going to have enough time to follow my regimen so carefully.

Overall I think my skin is at a good point - knock on wood - however, I don't how much the Alpha Beta face peel is doing for my red spots...when I first use the treatment each day the look a little faded, but I don't think the treatment is really doing anything overall. I could be wrong. They do however keep my acne at bay. I just need to find something stronger to get rid of the red marks.

I do think everyone should try the peel though - it gives your skin a youthful feel and look. If only I didnt have those red marks. :( Oh well. We'll see.

PS:

No pictures because apparently I have run out of room on this thread to post attachments. I need to figure out how to make the files that I do have on here smaller so I could add more.

Edited by ___christina

DAY 20 USING ALPHA BETA FACE PEEL

I'm still very satisfied with the Alpha Beta face peel. It is a product I will be using for life. I also think it is keeping away breakouts (knock on wood). I wish more people would try it so we could compare results.

Since the last time Ive updated I have had a pimple on chin. Nothing major, but it was there. Tiny... White head, but big enough to have a bump. I started picking at it and my skin became really red. After realizing I really shouldn't have picked at it, I left it alone. Didnt touch it all day. So that night I used the Alpha Beta face peel and the Clean & Clear moisturizer as well as acne spot treatment and it was basically gone the next morning. Very flat and a bit red. I really think if I didnt touch it it would have gone away much quicker.

As far as my moisturizer goes...They've discontinued it! (Christian Dior HydraAction Sorbet Moisturizer) I went to Macy's the other day to pick up another jar and they were gone. The sales lady told me they will be coming out with a new one within a month and adding a few new features including anti-aging which I'm excited about. I'm only 22 but I think it's never too early to start to prevent the aging process. For now I'm scraping the jar of whatever moisturizer is left and using the Christian Dior Moisturizing Serum (which I think is being discontinued as well because I cant find it on the web anywhere). Hopefully I get the new products soon. :)

I'm glad the mineral veil is working for you! It really is nice to use at the end of your makeup routine. I like it a lot.

I've heard that toothpaste could break people out - I always brush my teeth first and then wash my face.

Definitely get a new makeup brush if you think it's rough. I think that can irritate the skin. A good brush cleaner is essential also. I use the MAC brush cleaner and it works pretty well. As far as makeup brush brands go I like the MAC brushes - they are very soft. Also the Sephora brand kabuki brush is really nice. (My boyfriend just asked what I was writing about and I said.."kabuki brushes"...he googled it.. saw a picture and goes..."Oh that's the one that feels nice". Hahah. They're so soft!) I also like the Essence of Beauty brushes from CVS - so cheap but really good for concealer and liquid makeup! Hope some of that helps! :)

yeah i love the mineral veil now! : )

hmm yeah i always brush my teeth after im done washing my face. maybe i should switch those two and see if i see any results.

i definately need a new brush cause i've had mine forever and i don't have any brush cleaners either : / that could be a real problem!

It has been almost 7 months since I have last updated. A bit has changed...

Currently I've been working out more - about 4-5 days a week.

I have been drinking A LOT more water!

As far as my regimen goes...

Morning:

-Clean & Clear Acne Control Exfoliating Cleanser *(This is new since the last time I've updated)*

-Clean & Clear Fast Clearing Spot Treatment (Part of the Advantage Acne Control Kit)

Night:

-Clean & Clear Acne Control Cleanser (Part of the Advantage Acne Control Kit)

-Clean & Clear Acne Control Moisturizer (Part of the Advantage Acne Control Kit)

-Clean & Clear Fast Clearing Spot Treatment (Part of the Advantage Acne Control Kit)

-Tea Tree Oil on Red Spots *(This is new since the last time I've updated)*

Makeup:

-No more foundation *(This is new since the last time I've updated)*

-MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer *(This is new since the last time I've updated)*

-MAC Blot Powder Pressed

-Cinema Secrets Concealer - only on red marks and under my eyes. (This really covers everything!)

-Victoria Secret Blush

-MAC eyeshadows

This has kept me clear all these months except for the occasional pimple or two around the time of my period. However, these few pimples are NO WHERE near as bad as they used it be. No more big, inflamed pimples. I have also been using some Tea Tree Oil on old red marks. I thought about using this again after using it years ago on a burn scar from an iron that I got on my arm. The scar on my arm is barely visible however I havent seen too much results with the Tea Tree Oil on my face.

My biggest battle now is the red marks that remain on my chin. I really love the texture of my skin and feel better now that I'm working out more, but the red marks are still there. I'm considering Rose Hip Oil. Has anyone tried it? I have read so many great things about it and am tempted to try KORA's (KORA is Miranda Kerr's -VS Model- organic skincare line) version of this product: http://www.koraorganics.com/products/luxurious-rosehip-oil

Edited by ___christina

Hey so are you still using the alpha peel? How did it work for you?

I stopped using the Alpha Beta Peel..It was $80 a pack and I think there were 30 pads. It just became expensive for me. I don't know how well they improved my acne (I think the Clean & Clear Acne Kit has been the help through this all), but I definitely saw a difference in the texture of my skin during the period I was using them. I used them every night. Something good to note was that my skin did not react negatively to the peel, so that's a plus. In the end, it is definitely a product I would indulge in again if I had extra cash. :)

Wow. My last post was about six months ago. Ever since then I have changed a few things...

1. I haven't been working out as much as I was in the last few posts, due to a new job. However I HAVE been drinking a lot more water. I bring a ton of water bottles with me to work - which does cause me to have many a bathroom break, but I think it's really helping to flush out my skin.

2. I've been using Clean and Clear ADVANTAGE® 2-in-1 Acne & Mark Eraser Kit. I really like this.

http://www.cleanandclear.com/product/advan...mark-eraser-kit

It comes with:

* Breakout Erasing Cleanser: I use this every night. I have also been using a washcloth at night now - this helps me make sure I'm really getting all my makeup off.

* Mark Erasing Spot Treatment:I only use this at night BECAUSE I feel like the consistency of it is a bit odd. if I put a bit too much on it starts to almost flake off. Flake isnt the right term because its a gel, but it almost starts to peel off. However I like using this as a spot treatment on new and old marks.

* Daily Protecting Moisturizer SPF 15: I use this every morning and night. It is much more creamy than the moisturizer in their other kit, but light at the same time. I like this product. It has even prevented me from going back to Macy's to buy my $50 jar of Dior Hydra-Action Sorbet Moisturizer.

* Nightly Mark Clearing Lotion:This has to be my favorite of the products from this kit. I use this every morning and night. At night I put it all over my face and during the day I use it as a spot treatment under my makeup.

I haven't had as much consistency with any other kit as I have with this one. Its only $20 and if you go to the Clean and Clear website you could get a $5 off coupon.

In the morning I use their 2 in 1 scrub: http://www.cleanandclear.com/product/advan...iating-cleanser

This is only $9 and you could print a $2 off coupon on their website. You can't beat it.

3. With summer approaching and having a few warm Spring days here in New York I have pledged not to tan anymore. For some this may sound silly, but I was one of those people that once it was warm enough out I would sit outside and get some sun. Come summer time I was in the pool with oil on every morning. This sounds like a simple thing to stop and realize how much it is ruining my skin, but at the time I didn't realize. My rationalization was...When I get tan you don't see my spots anymore AND the sun would dry up my current pimples. Well...I'm not going to do this anymore. Once summer would end I would dread my light skin...with darker red marks showing. It's just not worth it. Finally I've been consistent about staying out of the sun and I see a difference in my skin. I've even been considering a move from NY to Florida at of late and that will not stop this little pledge I've made to myself. My family moved there about two years ago and my sister (18) went from having beautiful olive skin to looking like a dried up leather suitcase. She looks a lot older now too. So I'm making my skin a priority - SPF and wrinkle creams please!

4. My makeup regimen has changed...

-Foundation: I've been using Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Foundation SPF 10: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/inde...-xx.esn_results $34

Normally I don't like liquid foundations, as they used to always melt off my face, but this is remarkable. This stays on from 9am, all through work and night out. I love it! I apply it with a foundation brush and I'm ready to go.

-I also use the matching concealer. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer SPF 10,

$20.00: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/inde...-xx.esn_results

All I need is a little dab of this and it really goes a long way! Covers marks, pimples, under eye circles! It is amazing.

-Blushes I change often - currently I'm using MAX Pinch O' Peach and no breakouts!

I hope some of this helps some of you. I think a major help has been the increased amount of water. I'm in a bit of a rush right now, so if I think of anything else I will be sure to come back and add to this post. Does anyone else have any experience with these products? Makeup? Facial Cleansers? Spot treatments? If so, please share!

Edited by ___christina

I just wanted to share my response to a message I received asking if I am compeltely clear now. The person who wrote to me was wondering if the Clean and Clear skin care kit I use is worth using. I cant speak for everyone and say it will work, but here is my response to the message and some info on the kit....

"Nice to hear you read my skincare log. I always wonder who reads what and I'm happy to offer any help or insight into any product I use. Currently my skin has no active pimples - knock on wood and it is that time of the month. (Sorry hope that's not too much information, but that could be a very hormonal time which could make things go nuts.) Anyway, like I said I currently have no active pimples. Red spots? Yes I do! I have hyper pigmentation scars, red marks, whatever you would like to call them.

The Clean and Clear system has helped keep my acne under control to the point where I'm not getting huge pimples which leave scars and red marks. By keeping my skin somewhat clear I have been able to concentrate on the red marks and not getting any new marks.

When I started using the The Clean and Clear system, the spot treatment that it came with definitely helped get rid of any new red marks right away. I remember I had a pimple on my cheek which quickly went away with the spot treatment and get rid of any red marks that were left behind from it. By right away I mean within a week to several weeks. Old marks however have been a new task. I try to use the nightly mark clearing lotion - morning and night and use the spot treatment at night.

The pictures that I have in the beginning of the log are a bit deceiving. It makes it look like my skin was a lot better than it was, but they were taken on a cell phone. Any red marks you see there in those pictures are a combination of pimples and red hyper pigmentation scars. Now I am happy to say I haven't had a major pimple in a while. Any outbreak I might get will be a pimple or two - which is normally around the time of my period to be honest and even then I have been extremely lucky. I have been able to treat most of them with them to the point where they don't come to a nasty, puss filled head. "

Hope that helps some of you!

Edited by ___christina