Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First post :dance:

I just got the acne.org products in the mail, and I used them last night, and this morning, and I have a question regarding the AHA. In the morning, I do not have a lot of time to wait around for things to dry and what not, and all of the acids I have used in the past I apply to my skin while in the shower like a soap and just rinse them off after a few seconds. Can AHA be effective when doing this or will I just be wasting it?

First post :dance:

I just got the acne.org products in the mail, and I used them last night, and this morning, and I have a question regarding the AHA. In the morning, I do not have a lot of time to wait around for things to dry and what not, and all of the acids I have used in the past I apply to my skin while in the shower like a soap and just rinse them off after a few seconds. Can AHA be effective when doing this or will I just be wasting it?

I don't really think it would be effective doing it that way. The AHA is supposed to stay on your skin so it can be absorbed. If you put it on in the shower and then rinse it off, I don't think your skin will ever absorb it. Just like BP, if you put it on and rinse it off your skin will never absorb it. To me, it would just be a waste.

Dan's regimen takes time and dedication. You have to follow it exactly everday, twice a day, in order for it to be effective and show results. If you really want clear skin, you will find the time to allow the products to dry and be effective. I know it is a pain in the ass! I'm in my fourth week now and there are a million other things I'd rather do than that cleanse, apply BP and moisturize twice a day AND wait for my face to dry inbetween. But, I want clear skin and I'm happy with the way my face is looking now. So, the time it takes is worth it in the long run! :)

Oh man! That is some crazy intense heat on my face. I think I'll shave in the morning so that it doesn't sting as badly. How long does it take for the hot sensation to subside?

----

Added note

Just checked my face out in the mirror, I look like I have a spray on tan now. I hope by tomorrow it's gone :D

Edited by MattWBradbury

I'm not sure about using Dan's AHA as soap, but I did find an Alpha and Beta Hydroxy wash by Neutrogena (the Neutrogena Pore Refining Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Wash). I'm looking forward to trying it once my face is totally cleared up on the regime.

I think I'm going to stay off AHA for a while (a few weeks a least). That stuff turned my whole face red for about an hour, then orange for two hours, then when I woke up, it was still slightly inflamed. I basically looked like I wash blushing for a straight 10 hour period. Luckily I did it at night and not in the morning before class. Most of my acne seems to be going away without it, so maybe I didn't need it in the first place.