Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Fed up now, constipation once again......

Ive started to many threads on this but its really starting to get me down again. I made a thread a while ago about brown rice and suspecting it maybe causing it, well i finally managed to stop it a few days ago and things looked to be improving. During the time there was improvements i wasnt really eating all that much fruit, but i thought as things seem to be getting better hell ill get back on them....

On the Saturday i had some pineapple and everything seemed to be okay, next day strawberries and grapes and that night the blocked up feeling in my stomach returned and is still here now. I just dont get it because i always read about how fruit is so easily digested and much easier than meats etc. All i can think is thats it the fiber thats the problem, but why? With a candida problem would fruits and that be able to cause this problem? Has anyone else faced this? Looks like im going to have to just go back to fats again. To get abit of a discussion in here for others that have dealt with constipation how did you manage to beat it?

Heya Paul, im not really sure what you have tried before but it sounds like a lot. Personally this is what helped me:

*drinking heaps of water (bet you've heard that 1 hey)

*Upping fat intake (coconut and olive oil as cooking oil's or just as a side, fatty fish like sardines)

*Cayenne pepper (stimulates HCL production which helps breaks down proteins)

*EXERCISE (probably the best of them all)

*Magnesium malate ( dont ask me about this one lol, i got no idea how it helps, but it does)

*PGX (fiber on crack)

Maybe take a few from that list but exercise, water and PGX are the bomb!

Good luck man

Heya Paul, im not really sure what you have tried before but it sounds like a lot. Personally this is what helped me:

*drinking heaps of water (bet you've heard that 1 hey)

*Upping fat intake (coconut and olive oil as cooking oil's or just as a side, fatty fish like sardines)

*Cayenne pepper (stimulates HCL production which helps breaks down proteins)

*EXERCISE (probably the best of them all)

*Magnesium malate ( dont ask me about this one lol, i got no idea how it helps, but it does)

*PGX (fiber on crack)

Maybe take a few from that list but exercise, water and PGX are the bomb!

Good luck man

Thanks for the reply dude.

Haha yeh i have plenty of water, i think i always have really so shouldnt really be any issues here. The fat intake is defiently a biggie i think, the problem is i was trying to go on a low fat diet which is failing miserably because of this!! :rolleyes: I think ill have to put it on hold for a while, the last few weeks where i did have some fats things did get better so i shall have to look in this direction again.

Exercise is defiently something i need to do more!!! Since i got my car in May last year i do very little, its mainly drive to work, drive home and thats it. Cant be good so ill have to start getting active.

Cayenne pepper, Magnesium malate and PGX are defiently things i shall take a look into. Hope they help, thanks :razz:

My best friend just treated his IBS 100% by taking enzymes. A girl on the internet posted that her IBS was cured by taking enzymes for 4 months.

He had diarrhea and constipation that would alternate hourly. These symptoms disappeared after one week. It has been 5 weeks now and it hasn't returned. He takes enzymes every day. Strangely, his planter's warts also went away at the same time --- perhaps just a coincidence -- but he had given up on trying to get rid of them after battling with them for 7 years.

I know you don't have IBS, but if you are desparate, you could try it.

The enzymes to try: He takes papain and bromelain and a "digestUltra." All three are available at health food stores for about $10.

He just takes them in the morning and he's set.

Edited by Dotty1

I have some plant enzymes, they contain Lactase, Protease, Papain and Bromelain. I always feel when im taking supplements though my skin gets more oily for some reason, but when i last have these a try i was taking other things so it could have been other things causing the problems. I shall have to give them another go just to see what happens. Thanks for the advice :angel:

For Cayenne pepper is it okay to take a supplement for it or would you need the actual proper stuff to help?

Pau d'Arco tea would be a great solution for you. It loosens stool and is anti-fungal so it kills candida as well. I just drink one cup of tea a day and within 20 - 30 minutes, well you know....

This does not cause diarrhea for me, just softens things up.

I live in a small town and it's at both my local grocery stores. The one I'm currently using is Traditional Medicinals brand (http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/PaudArco) and it's with your standard tea selections. My other grocery store carries it in bulk in their bulk foods section.

Be aware that it is an anti-coagulant (thins blood), so you would want to stop consumption 2 weeks prior to surgery.

It has an earthy/woodsy taste, similar to the undertones of cinnamon. Doesn't taste like cinnamon but the earthy undertones of it.

Constipation Is Relieved More by Rye Bread Than Wheat Bread or Laxatives without Increased Adverse Gastrointestinal Effects

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/140/3/534

There has been studies on magnesium citrate that have associated its deficit with constipation. Also, a therapeutic dose of MG citrate is 4-5 times rda, is clinically known to encourage a bowel movement.

Activia yogurt bifidus regularis/animalis strain is also clinically shown to increase intestinal transit time, and promote regularity.

try all three and you'll be shitting quite nicely.haha.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Hey man... I have a fair amount of personal experience with this problem. I know how bad it sucks.

So are you having issues like you have the urge to go, but you can't make yourself go? Or rather, you never even get the urge to go? If you have the urge to go, but can't do it, you could possible have an impaction... all I gotta say is, don't force it or strain in any way, it is wayyyy too easy to do damage from intense straining... which will make the problem way worse. An impaction is when the fecal matter just dries up and blocks the exit (happens inevitably if you don't go for a while). Glycerin suppositories are so good for this issue... yes I said suppository. So you gotta shove a little something up your ass, big deal. Although it's definitely not something you are proud to buy or have in your medicine cabinet haha!

Diet wise, do you eat or avoid grains? I found that adding of a couple servings of cooked, WHOLE grains- quinoa, brown rice, oatmeal, buckwheat, oats (I mainly stay gluten-free, but that's up to you) has completely alleviated this issue for me. No grain flours or products! I was mostly doing a strict anti-candida type diet before, and was of course hesitant to start eating "evil" grains. But the benefits have been enormous. Also eat lots and lots of cooked veggies. A huge plate of well-cooked kale will sweep you out like a chimney.

With a candida problem would fruits and that be able to cause this problem?

Yes. I used to experience digestive problems from eating fruit, but not anymore since treating for Candida overgrowth.

Do you have any amalgam (silver) fillings in your teeth?

I started a thread about this some 2-3 years ago. You know what I assume caused it? My rushing. I'd get in the pooper and try and be out fast. I was all about time management, well let me tell you that came back to screw me. Eventually I started going and now when my body says "it's time to go", well I go and there's not two buts (no pun intended) about it.

To get abit of a discussion in here for others that have dealt with constipation how did you manage to beat it?

I had a shit.

;)

I just thought of something: One of my friends becomes very constipated every single time she eats meat. She doesn't eat red meat any longer and I can't remember if she eats a little white meat. Anyway, meat also gave her gas. I can't think of any explanation of why this occurs.

Hmm, after thinking a little more, I am wondering if my friend had weak stomach acid because constipation was a symptom and it only occurred after eating meat which is one of the most difficult proteins to digest.

Oh, iIf you happen to notice that your constipation occurs after eating meat, then you might want to look into HCl. It helps digest protein.

I just thought of something: One of my friends becomes very constipated every single time she eats meat. She doesn't eat red meat any longer and I can't remember if she eats a little white meat. Anyway, meat also gave her gas. I can't think of any explanation of why this occurs.

intestinal flora.

I started taking 15g of l-glutamine yesterday. I usually have diarrhea but l-glutamine gave me constipation. Any ideas on how to neutralize that? I'm thinking about drinking lemon juice - that should do it?

Hey man... I have a fair amount of personal experience with this problem. I know how bad it sucks.

So are you having issues like you have the urge to go, but you can't make yourself go? Or rather, you never even get the urge to go? If you have the urge to go, but can't do it, you could possible have an impaction... all I gotta say is, don't force it or strain in any way, it is wayyyy too easy to do damage from intense straining... which will make the problem way worse. An impaction is when the fecal matter just dries up and blocks the exit (happens inevitably if you don't go for a while). Glycerin suppositories are so good for this issue... yes I said suppository. So you gotta shove a little something up your ass, big deal. Although it's definitely not something you are proud to buy or have in your medicine cabinet haha!

Diet wise, do you eat or avoid grains? I found that adding of a couple servings of cooked, WHOLE grains- quinoa, brown rice, oatmeal, buckwheat, oats (I mainly stay gluten-free, but that's up to you) has completely alleviated this issue for me. No grain flours or products! I was mostly doing a strict anti-candida type diet before, and was of course hesitant to start eating "evil" grains. But the benefits have been enormous. Also eat lots and lots of cooked veggies. A huge plate of well-cooked kale will sweep you out like a chimney.

I do get the urges to go but either nothing comes out or tiny pieces which isnt much of a relief. I dont really eat that many grains at all, i used to eat brown rice but i ended up stopping as i wasnt sure if it was actually causing problems itself. I defiently think i need to try and include more greens, i used to get spinach or kale each day in a smoothie but then when these issues came about the smoothies didnt help at all, therefore just gave up on them. I shall defiently have to have a think about the Glycerin suppositories and look into them, if it helps who cares what you have to do :D

Yes. I used to experience digestive problems from eating fruit, but not anymore since treating for Candida overgrowth.

Did you treat your candida problem with the high fat diet? I do have some amalgam fillings in my teeth, im assuming there going to be bad for me arent they?

Did you treat your candida problem with the high fat diet? I do have some amalgam fillings in my teeth, im assuming there going to be bad for me arent they?

I am keeping Candida under control with a somewhat low carb/high fat diet (I do eat some fruit and high carb veggies), plus Nystatin, which is a prescription drug. I tried lots of natural antifungals but none worked as well as Nystatin.

I hate to say it, but those fillings are probably the reason for your acne and these digestive problems you're having. I had IBS and it was caused by mercury... Chelation cured it.

See the link in my signature.

Edited by kaleidoscope

Information from the Mayo Clinic in general about laxatives. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR602359

A regular schedule of eating and drinking and sleeping is your best bet at regulating your bowels as well. Activia does have studies supporting its helpfulness.

I myself give lots of Senna out to patients....it works within 24 hours. If you use Senna S, be prepared to be home as you WILL have an urge and you will evacuate your bowels. Senna plain is fine for two or three times weekly use. Check the directions and if the constipation continues, check with your doctor, please. A complete physical might be in order.

Coffee is also a natural laxative. Drink it in the morning and if you begin to develop a regular schedule of sleep, etc, you may find yourself having a bowel movement within an hour or two of awakening and drinking your delicious coffee. I do not know if the caffeine is the primary laxative in coffee, or if it is other compounds. Whatever, it does help nicely.