Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been hearing and reading good things about subcision for shallow rolling scars. I have a few on each cheek, they are fairly wide but very shallow and can only be seen in over head light. So I just wanted to know people's experiences and how many treatments it would take to see significant results, and by significant I mean 80 - 100% repair. I had one round done with subcision(my doc called it undermining) and filler, the results were pretty good but did not last long. So I know what the detailed are about the procedure itself but would like any input that you might have, thank you.

Also I just started Atralin (retin a) about 3 weeks ago, and was wondering if there would be any adverse reaction if I get subcision done while using it . . . That's something I will defiinitly ask my doc but I just wanted to know other people's understanding.

From my experience, I got the most improvement from the shallow but wide scars. You are probably a good candidate for subcision.

You should stop using retin-a a week before and after your subcision treatment.