Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I get extremely jealous when I see a really pretty girl, especially when they have pretty much perfect skin. It's like the feeling just consumes me, too. I feel kind of worthless compared to them. When I see a really good looking guy, I do my best to avoid him. Just because I feel like he'll just look at me and think I'm ugly. I don't know, in general very good looking people make me super jealous and at the same time intimidate me very much.

Does anyone else get these kind of feelings?

I know what you mean, I used to see a male, really good looking and kind of get caught up into his beautiful face and wish my skin was clear like his. Now that my skin is basically clear, I don't really think about it too much.

I'd like to consider myself gorgeous

Yes. I don't even like being around good looking people, it bothers me and makes me very uncomfortable and nervous xD

I hear ya! :confused: I am very envious of those with beautiful skin! I almost hate getting that close to people cuz I feel like they examining my skin and I wear my hair down most of the time in an attempt to hide my face :shock: I am embarrased by my acne! Being around people with clear skin makes me feel like an outcast! I will soon start Accutane so hopefully these feelings will dissapear along with all these freakin zits! :wall:

I get extremely jealous when I see a really pretty girl, especially when they have pretty much perfect skin. It's like the feeling just consumes me, too. I feel kind of worthless compared to them. When I see a really good looking guy, I do my best to avoid him. Just because I feel like he'll just look at me and think I'm ugly. I don't know, in general very good looking people make me super jealous and at the same time intimidate me very much.

Does anyone else get these kind of feelings?

All the time it sux! I use to go out all the time and was always dating, def miss those days. I try to avoid at all costs now.

Just imagine the people we could be if we had perfect skin. We could be ourselves...just out there......living life without a care or worry.....

:boohoo:

I actually feel kinda angry. Why am I stuck with crappy skin? Sometimes it seems like really good looking people are in an exclusive club or something. I always feel weird talking to really hot girls because I think that they dont want to talk to me and just want me too leave, even if its not true. I know they are just regular people but im still intimidated. Some of my female friends are very pretty and sometimes I question why they hang out with me at all.

For the record ya'll, you can be gorgeous or handsome and have acne. Acne sux but it defintely doesn't make you ugly.

For the record ya'll, you can be gorgeous or handsome and have acne. Acne sux but it defintely doesn't make you ugly.

i agreee. if you think about it......no one has PERFECT, FLAWLESS skin.

I actually feel kinda angry. Why am I stuck with crappy skin? Sometimes it seems like really good looking people are in an exclusive club or something. I always feel weird talking to really hot girls because I think that they dont want to talk to me and just want me too leave, even if its not true. I know they are just regular people but im still intimidated. Some of my female friends are very pretty and sometimes I question why they hang out with me at all.

yea man, i'm the same way. I get so pissed when I wake up and my skin looks like shit. I don't think any of the girls I hangout with really care, they just think its normal (since im only 17). But the older you get I think the more people care.

Another one of those 'we've all been there' moments. Until my recent break-up over my apprearance (i know right?), id like to say it didnt bug me too much when i saw good looking people, i always did have huge insecurities cuz my group of friends (I've hung out with the same 5 people for almost 8yrs now) are all a good-looking buch of guys, and i always stuck out like an ugly thumb, they are great about it, theyve never made me feel any less important because of my looks but it hurts and i am a little jealous that i get passed over by girls for them...but i cant control it....recently, thx in part to my new friends in this community, im starting to accept that I dont need to be good looking to feel good about myself, and neither should you. Life gives you lemons, you make lemonade right? and I'm positive that one of us here will one day completely destroy acne and earse its existence from history!

erm, in all honesty acne does make one ugly. it's unfortunate but true.

Definitely know what you mean. And the worst part is, (and I am in no way at all trying to be conceited or anything), without acne I am a very good looking guy, so all my friends are really good looking because i made most of them before I really had acne. It suuuuccks. All the girls I hang out with are really pretty with completely flawless skin. But, they still seem to want to hang out with me all the time even though my face looks a lot worse then when they met me so I guess they could really care less. It's good that they're are plenty of pretty girls out there that aren't so superficial. Most of the girls I have met in college that are good looking don't care at all either. I think my guy friends that all have perfect skin bugs me more cause I feel like I stand out more when we first meet people cause they all have good skin and I don't.

I used to be that way, you just got to let it go.

"Use what talent you possess, the forest would be awfully quiet if only the best birds sang..."

I used to be that way, you just got to let it go.

"Use what talent you possess, the forest would be awfully quiet if only the best birds sang..."

That's a pretty quote

I NEED A KLEENEX!

I feel the EXACT same way, wen i see everyone with perfect skin and even just normal skin I feel like running and hiding and crying. I used to be confident with the way I looked, everysince my acne has gotten really bad Ive been feeling SO ugly, it make me so angry.

we are asking for such a simple thing!! WE JUST WANT NORMAL SKIN!!!

Definitely know what you mean. And the worst part is, (and I am in no way at all trying to be conceited or anything), without acne I am a very good looking guy, so all my friends are really good looking because i made most of them before I really had acne. It suuuuccks. All the girls I hang out with are really pretty with completely flawless skin. But, they still seem to want to hang out with me all the time even though my face looks a lot worse then when they met me so I guess they could really care less. It's good that they're are plenty of pretty girls out there that aren't so superficial. Most of the girls I have met in college that are good looking don't care at all either. I think my guy friends that all have perfect skin bugs me more cause I feel like I stand out more when we first meet people cause they all have good skin and I don't.

this is same with me! I get told im pretty by people, but I just don't feel it at all, i feel so ugly cos of acne. It always good to have good friends who don't judge you :)

I don't really feel jealous. I feel sad. I have quite a couple of friends that are very beautiful (inside and out), and I wish I could...well you know. I wish they could see me as I see them. But my acne has really decreased my self esteem, and I am quite introverted. Because of acne I think we'll never move out of the friend zone. I don't think I have the courage to venture out there. :'(

Edited by SilentWalker

I know what you mean. Jealousy is a horrible feeling. Like when I'm at school, I feel so gross compared to all the attractive people walking around. You'd think seeing people you find attractive would make you feel better, but it just depresses me knowing I'll never even come close to looking like that. Even putting aside the acne scars, I have a horrible lack of facial symmetry. Ah well, I suppose you just have to work with what you've got. It sucks, though.

I dont think Im super attractive to begin with and acne just makes it that much worse. I feel like if I could just have clear skin I would be better looking. I posted a pic in the "Post your Pics" thread" maybe Im not bad looking, I really have no idea.