Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t4e

HELP WITH REGIMEN/

Hey, just thought I'd ask for some help on which direction I should head in terms of products.

I've been on the regimen for a month, and it's worked pretty well so far. I break out every now and then, but it's all mild acne. My biggest concern is my scars - I have red scars all over the sides of my face and on my cheeks, and some of them pretty deep ones.

Should I keep applying the regimen over it? or is there anything I can do for my scars at the same time with the regimen? Also doesnt the BP delay the scars from healing themselves?

Also I'd like some feedback on my current regimen

My current products:

Cleanser: Dan's Cleanser

Morning: BP + Organic Vitamin C moisturizer with SPF 15

Night: BP + Jojoba Oil

Thanks!

Edited by t4e

Swap jojoba oil for Bio oil to help with the scars. It's pretty greasy and the effects are minimal, but it does help with the appearance of scars.

Hey, just thought I'd ask for some help on which direction I should head in terms of products.

I've been on the regimen for a month, and it's worked pretty well so far. I break out every now and then, but it's all mild acne. My biggest concern is my scars - I have red scars all over the sides of my face and on my cheeks, and some of them pretty deep ones.

Should I keep applying the regimen over it? or is there anything I can do for my scars at the same time with the regimen? Also doesnt the BP delay the scars from healing themselves?

Also I'd like some feedback on my current regimen

My current products:

Cleanser: Dan's Cleanser

Morning: BP + Organic Vitamin C moisturizer with SPF 15

Night: BP + Jojoba Oil

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm new to all of this so I can only give you the advice I've seen on this site.

The products you are using in the regimen look perfect to me.

You might want to look at AHA for treating the scars and fading red marks, it's a chemical exfoliant which will remove the top layer of skin and make new skin come to the top. At least that's how I understand it.

I would say if you know you are prone to acne in the areas of scarring you should definitely keep applying the BP to those areas so new acne doesn't form.

Dan's routine is to use AHA as his night time moisturiser - that might work for you too.

Edited by markbrown4