Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonezy

Accutane Curiosities...

So Im 17 and considering going on accutane. Obviously one of my biggest concerns is the initial breakout. So i was just curious about how long this would last and if it would be wise to try and control it a bit with Dans Regimen which Ive been doing for a couple years. Also Ive heard that the longer you wait to start a course the less likely you are to relapse and have your acne return. Is this true? And if so is 17 a good age to do it? And finally i just learned that name brand Accutane has been discontinued in the US. So are the generic brands as effective?

Thanks to all for your input :)

There is no predicting IB, some have terrible IB, I didn't even really get one. I am starting month 3 and do still have some minor breakouts, but they clear within days. Amazing. My pores are so much smaller already, my face is not oily and shiny. I am MUCH older than 17, but know many people who have taken accutane with great success. Some have had to do a second course, some not. I did not realize it had anything to do with age.

The generics work fine, it's the same medication.