Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thulsadoom

Matte Lotion?

Hello all, I have very greasy skin. I absolutely hate seeing glares on my face. I'm am currently using Kiehl's Multi-purpose facial formula for men lotion. Supposedly it mattifys the skin surface to make it look less greasy. I really don't see a difference.

Can somebody tell me a moisturizer that does the same thing but actually works? Thanks in advance.

I have oily skin and find that it can't be treated with just a different moisturizer. What kind of skin treatments do you use? I've read that retinol lotions and salicylic acid help control oily skin. In a few days I'm picking up a retinol lotion from Murad so I'll let you know how it goes.

Murad Oil Control Mattifier with SPF15 is absolutely perfect for oily skin. It not only moisturizes your skin, but controls your oil for (as the packaging states) 8 hours and leaves your skin matte. I absolutely love this product! My make-up stays a lot longer as well. It is pricey, though ($39)

CeraVe and Murad Oil control mattifier you say? Alrighty, I'll give them a whirl. To be honest i'm just washing my face with a "kiss my face" olive oil bar. i have minimal acne at the moment, but i get sporadic breakouts here and there. my only issue at the moment is that i have pretty thick facial hair. i switched from a disposable 2 blade razor to an norelco electric razor. at first it worked great, giving me a close shave. now it's starting to irritate. perhaps it's because i haven't been preparing my face before a shave. i'll start doing that.

recommend anything else? pointers are much appreciated.

thank you

Edited by thulsadoom

CeraVe and Murad Oil control mattifier you say? Alrighty, I'll give them a whirl. To be honest i'm just washing my face with a "kiss my face" olive oil bar. i have minimal acne at the moment, but i get sporadic breakouts here and there. my only issue at the moment is that i have pretty thick facial hair. i switched from a disposable 2 blade razor to an norelco electric razor. at first it worked great, giving me a close shave. now it's starting to irritate. perhaps it's because i haven't been preparing my face before a shave. i'll start doing that.

recommend anything else? pointers are much appreciated.

thank you

I've never tried Cerave myself, but the Murad Oil Control definitely works well. It won't get you a white hue/tinge (just gently rub in the product all the way) and it really does help control oil. It's definitely worth it, especially if you wear makeup.