Notifications
Clear all

Hole on face after picking acne scab..HELP!!?

MemberMember
(@jude123)

Posted : 03/09/2010 11:11 pm

Hi,im 22 a male from asia..I had a pimple and i put toothpaste on it to prevent it from scaring, it turned into a brown acne scab..When i was washing i accidently broke the scab and it peeled the skin a bit and now there's like a hole on my face...Its kinda red and yes there's a hole..What should i do to close this hole..Is it permanent? plz guys plz be honest n plzzzzzzzzzzzzz giv me a solution..

MemberMember
(@yellowapple01)

Posted : 03/13/2010 9:20 pm

I had that too, but mine didn't result from picking a scab. I really can't remember what caused it and when I went to the derm, he didn't know either. It almost looked like a huge pore. I thought he'd give me some cream or something for it, but instead he's like "Yeah I can see why you want this gone, let's cut it out." So he did surgery (and insurance didn't cover it... it cost ~$500) and made a football shaped incision around it (it was on my cheek near my nose) and stitched the remaining skin back together. Yeah, there's a noticable scar, but it beats the hell out of having a hole in my face. People noticed it when there was a hole and it was really embarassing. He told me that it wouldnt have gone away without surgery but didn't ever say what caused it. I MUCH prefer the scar that I have now (it's thin and about an inch long) and am so happy that the hole is gone. Retin-A has done a great job smoothing the scar out too.

MemberMember
(@sumnerm)

Posted : 03/13/2010 9:29 pm

I honestly have never had this happen to me, but just apply antibiotics would be my best guess. If it doesn't go away then you could see your derm. There no harm in that.

Hope it goes away, but its not the end of the world if it doesn't.

MemberMember
(@jude123)

Posted : 03/17/2010 9:38 pm

well this is not the only hole i have..I do have alot.Like a fool i picked my pimples when i was small.But i lived with them, but after this recent hole which looks realy big,rly made my face look horrible.. :( what is the good antibiotic? Do u think taking vitamin c daily will help? I heard of this cream 'mederma', will it smooth out this uneven skin (tiny dents) ???

MemberMember
(@jude123)

Posted : 03/17/2010 9:47 pm

Btw I used to pick when i was 15 and i got these wierd looking holes ( like a cut), but within one year they filled in on their own..But when i picked again when i was 17, they never filled in..Now im 22...What could be the reason? any idea?

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 03/17/2010 9:53 pm

what happened was that you probably had an inflammatory pimple. Inflammation destroys the epidermis. Did the pimple get filled with white puss before you tore off the scab? I've gotten two icepick scars in this manner.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 03/17/2010 9:57 pm

This product normally hides my largest scar, which is a small deep hole as you described http://www.concealapore.com/ . Sorry to break it to you, but scars are permanent. More info on the concealapore product http://www.acnescarstreatments.com/acne-sc...acne-scars.html

MemberMember
(@jude123)

Posted : 03/17/2010 10:36 pm

yes it was filled with white puss..If they are permanent how cum they went when i tore off the scabs the first time? The 2nd time i did it, it never went away...

MemberMember
(@jude123)

Posted : 03/17/2010 10:38 pm

btw it was filled with puss, but then after some time it turned into a brown dry scab..

MemberMember
(@licketysplit)

Posted : 03/18/2010 10:41 pm

You just have to stop picking at them. Even if you see pus, just leave them alone for maybe two days before you pick. This is to ensure that they fully "ripen". Maybe the scars will go away after one year, especially if they are really deep. This is from observing my friends with the pitted kind of scarring (mine is the red spot kind)

MemberMember
(@jude123)

Posted : 03/22/2010 12:33 am

Those red spots will fade with time,..For me those red spots used to fade within 2 weeks when i was like 17,18..I have this red spot which i got last year and its been about 6,7 months and it has not faded completely,its still there, when i was younger they heal fast i guess..If you drink plenty of water those red spots will go faster, im telling through experience..Do you think creams will smooth out this uneven skin (tiny dents)?

MemberMember
(@jude123)

Posted : 04/05/2010 9:31 am

MemberMember
(@lizycake)

Posted : 03/08/2013 6:51 pm

No its totally fine !! It always happens to me !

Another scab is going to grow back and it'll be just fine :) ... u just took the scab off before it completely healed underneath ... Just be more careful next time :)rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 03/09/2013 10:37 pm

I think as we get older our skin is not able to repair itself the way it used to. When I was in highschool it took me picking a huge cyst to leave scarring.. now as a 27 year old, essentially any pimple I squeeze and even some I completely leave alone, scar. It sucks. There are treatments that can help the appearance, though. I would check out the threads on scarring. I had good results with TCA cross on an ice-pick scar and dermarolling has improved some boxcar scars of mine. Good luck to you, I know how devastating scars can be. Just know you're not alone.