Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ok , so I was supposed to get Accutane today. Went to the derm @ 2:00p. Waited until 3:15 to FINALLY be seen! Got poked 3 times after not finding a vein! Left derm @ 4:00p. Came home , did Ipledge thing, got the OK to go pick up the precription to find out that my insurance needs a physician authorization to allow me to get Accutane. Called my doctor back , waited on hold for 15 min. Explained situation to person that answered phone. Put back on hold for 10 min. Then told by nurse that they will "work it out" with my insurance and I should call tomorrow afternoon. This doesn't mean by then it will be approved by my insurance!! In fact they might not approve!! Their views of use of Accutane are "cosmetic" and everything depends on what the derm tells them :confused: I am soooo frustrated by this whole ordeal ! I was so pumped up and ready to get started! I spent over 3 hours on this! Trying ro reach a resolution and get my prescription!! it is out of my hands at this point! It is between the derm and Anthem. I pray that they cover the Accutane...I cannot go on like this! Acne has been a part of my life for way too long! Accutane is the ONLY option left :cry: I was so hoping that everything would be ok despite the inconveniance of having to go to derm every mth and the Ipledge deal. Guess I am just venting. :doubt: Anyone else have problems with insurance?

You sound like me! I did the whole month on birth control.. did the blood tests, went to the doc and he prescribed, answered the questions on ipledge. CVS calls me to tell me there is an issue with the insurance, after a million calls back and forth between the ins co, doc, cvs my insurance company FINALLY aproves it.. but oh wait they approve it the day after the 7 day period that I can pic up the script due to ipledges damn rules!!!! So Ihad to wait 2 more weeks, get another blood test, have another docs appt. get new script, answer questions again.. then picked up! But stick with it.. The insurance companies can be a bitch about it but eventually they should agree to a months worth at a time.. blah blah blah.. I think alot of people go through this cuz it's a pricey drug! good luck..let us know

Damn!! :wall: Soooo much crap to go through just to be acne free!! Glad you got it worked out!! I hope my situation resolves itself too !! Thanks for posting this! I feel alot better knowing that I am not alone in this :D

Hey, don't worry about it. I too had to get preauthorization before my insurance co (Anthem Blue Cross, CA - PPO) would cover accutane. It's just a form that says "we've tried meds A B C D and none of those work" and "yes, so and so has acne that warrants accutane".

So don't sweat it. Just call back tomorrow and make sure it's all taken care of.

Good luck!

This hasn't happened to me, but I'm very sorry about it. I must say that I think it's ridiculous that Accutane is just considered something cosmetic... That makes it sound so shallow, and there's so much more than that! If the drug was just to make people look a little bit better, no one would take it because it's so harsh. If only they knew...

I hope that the issue gets resolved soon! Keep us updated!

Hey, don't worry about it. I too had to get preauthorization before my insurance co (Anthem Blue Cross, CA - PPO) would cover accutane. It's just a form that says "we've tried meds A B C D and none of those work" and "yes, so and so has acne that warrants accutane".

So don't sweat it. Just call back tomorrow and make sure it's all taken care of.

Good luck!

Thats's who I have too. Anthem BCBS but NY. Althouh I am in Minnesota everything for the company is based on East coast. So I called again this morning and checked to see if doctor rcvd Authorization forms. They confirmed and everything was faxed to Anthem. Called them about 30min ago and they still don't have anything. As the doctor's office put "Urgent" on the forms , Anthem states they should be processed within 72 hrs :confused: and I will be notified of when I can get the prescription. Appears I will be on Claravis 30m to start. Hope this gets done soon. I am becoming impatient :whistle: You would think after so many years of Accutane being out and how great the results can be , they would make this process a little easier for us patients :wacko: Just really sux that we have to do all this!

Hang in there!

Just think in a few months you'll be gorgeous and clear and think of how a little while to wait was nothing compared to your FOREVER of awesome clear skin :D I hope it works out and SOON! I look forward to hearing all about your progress on the tane!

This hasn't happened to me, but I'm very sorry about it. I must say that I think it's ridiculous that Accutane is just considered something cosmetic... That makes it sound so shallow, and there's so much more than that! If the drug was just to make people look a little bit better, no one would take it because it's so harsh. If only they knew...

I hope that the issue gets resolved soon! Keep us updated!

lol you've been on for only one month, you still a rookie at teh tane game

Ok so I FINALLY have an update! :confused: My insurance has denied my PA for Accutane as I have not yet tried an oral antibiotic. They are requesting that I try this for a mth before they will allow me to get Accutane :snooty: I guess they don't count all of the other crap I've tried or how much time and $$$ I have spent on my face! Anyway , the derm sent over a prescription for Tetracycline in which I will have to take 2x's a day on an empty stomach. :confused: I am really not happy about this as antibiotics frequently cause yeast infections in women! That is the last freakin thing I need!! I am soooo bummed! I was really looking fwd to all this! Also I am switching dermatologists cuz Dr Crutchfield too busy for my likes. Any time I call I have to leave a message for nursing staff and it takes them like 10 yrs to call back :wall: Not to mention the fact that I am there for hours when I have an appt!! If I scheedule an appt for 2, I don't even get in the door until 3 and Dr Crutchfield can't been seen for another 20 min!! It's ridiculous! I am going to Skin Care Doctors now. My next appt is 3/23 and I cant wait. This whole exp with Dr Crutchfield's clinic has been hell!! :shock: Seems like Skin Care Doctors value their patients time. So wish me luck all!! I'll be in touch!

@Julius Jones: A rookie I may be, but we've got to start from somewhere! Also, I'm about 95% certain I won't be having any sort of insurance problems since my insurance should remain the same throughout my treatment. So far the only problem I've had is that my blood work keeps getting forgotten and I have to get multiple tests done. How do hospitals lose blood samples? That's beyond me. But it happens. :P

@GU3RIXX: Hey! I'm glad you've found a doctor you like more. My last two dermatologists were crap. They were both men. I have a female dermatologist now, and she's much more daring, hence my high dosage. I wish you the very best of luck!