Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How key is the moisturising stage to the regimen? Is it just to limit the initial redness and flakiness, or is it crucial?

and secondly what sort of moisturiser must be used?

Thank you in advance for any help.

How key is the moisturising stage to the regimen? Is it just to limit the initial redness and flakiness, or is it crucial?

and secondly what sort of moisturiser must be used?

Thank you in advance for any help.

I have the feeling it's easier to treat smooth skin rather than dry and flaky skin, I think it may also help with skin picking. I know that I haven't felt like picking at it since starting the regimen.

It's best to stick with all 3 steps.

Any moisturiser will do, I personally use Cetaphil moisturising lotion which you can get from a chemist.

You can check out the reviews of different moisturisers on this site.

Ar ok, cheers for that guys.

The only moisturiser i have is hand moisturiser, but you reckon that will suffice?

I wouldn't recommend a hand moisturizer. Actually, I'd never use one on my face. You wan't a moisturizer that is oil-free and non-comedogenic. Hand moisturizers have too many harsh ingredients on them you don't want to put on your face. It would probably cause you to break out. Check out this link for a list of products Dan recommends if you aren't using his. http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies2.php#step3

I started the regimen with Dan's Cleanser, Treatment, Moisturizer, and Jojoba Oil one week ago today. So far so good except for a couple of things. Since the beginning I've noticed that after using the moisturizer it made my skin look oily. I thought it was due to adding a 3-6 drops of Jojoba Oil to it before I put it on, but I decided to switch it up after reading the thread about putting the Oil on after cleansing and before the bp. After using the moisturizer it still would make my skin look oily, though I didn't have any more flaking.

Running some errands today I picked up Cetaphil Cleanser and Moisturizer along with Neutrogena Sunscreen for Sensitive skin. Tried the Cetaphil Moisturizer when I got home and seems ok. I'll probably try going back to using Jojoba oil after bp for the next few days and see how every thing turns out. I hoping to to find the right mix soon since I'm starting a new job this week.