Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novalie

Scartini

Has anyone ever heard of "Scartini" or used it before? I've pretty much given up on topicals, but find myself still holding out hope that I'll discover that magical ingredient or product. Any thoughts on this product? Looks like it might be bunk...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scartini_scar_cream

Scartini is a Centella asiatica extract-based scar serum that is produced and trademarked by BinBeauty, LLC, based out of Philadelphia.[citation needed] It was developed by Dr. Shareef Jandali, a chief plastic surgery resident at the University of Pennsylvania,[citation needed] in conjunction with Erin Elmore, celebrity personality most known[citation needed] for her participation on Donald Trump's reality show The Apprentice, Season 3. Scartini claims to be based upon an extensive scientific literature search which showed that most of the common ingredients that are frequently in scar creams have actually been shown to have no effect or even a deleterious effect on scar maturation and final appearance.[citation needed] In a recent review in a leading Plastic Surgery journal,[citation needed] Centella Asiatica was shown to be one of the only proven ingredients to help in scar maturation and final scar appearance.[1] Scartini is the only scar product on the market to come in a glass bottle with a roll-on applicator

Edited by eterna_maldicion

I just got Scartini and i really like it. After looking into it , the www.Scartini.coom site has footnotes to actual medical studies that show that the main ingredient, centella asiatica does great things!!!! I am really impressed!

I think the problem is this: once u have a scar or acne mark, it is almost impossible to go back to "normal" skin. it looks like the closest thing to help is Scartini. I like that there is some PROOF attached to it. Plus, it smells great, is easy to use and has natural good stuff in it. So far SOOOOO GOOD :)

is this legit at all?

Or just another BS thing? Haven't done any research on it, but would be nice to hear it.

Now here is something people need to talk about with any scar cream or whatever.

Does it REDUCE the appearance of scars.

or does it claim to help indented scars become level which I think if it makes that claim it's BS.

I tried applying the active ingredient, centella asiatica (gotu kola), topically in an alcohol tincture form. I applied it twice a day for about 3 months and saw no noticeable difference. Perhaps it requires more time, but everything I'ver read states results should be seen in 6-8 weeks. It's also supposed to be better for newer scars and mine are over 10 years old. Anyway, from my experience, it did absolutely nothing.

is this legit at all?

Or just another BS thing? Haven't done any research on it, but would be nice to hear it.

Now here is something people need to talk about with any scar cream or whatever.

Does it REDUCE the appearance of scars.

or does it claim to help indented scars become level which I think if it makes that claim it's BS.

i like the comment on the site"oh we mixed all the ingredients we saw in other scar creams in making our own". it seems like they arent too sure what reduces scars, so they are just putting a bit of everything in there and hoping for the best. they dont mention specifically the types of scars they will fix or show before and after photos. this is a bit worrying.

the ingredient list isnt spectacular (everyone in here has tried at least a few of them at a point in their life) and i doubt any of those individually would have much of an effect on pitted scarring. it may help with redness and raised scarring perhaps.

i know a lot of you are going to try it. i wish you all the best and ill see here u in a few months :)