Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maldition

Blocking of calcium channels

The blockers of the channel of calcium,like Topiramate,they use the antagonists of calcium to diminish synthesis of the collagen. They are able to induce changes in the expression of gene of fibroblast. They block the cellular roads of the communication that are essential regular the behavior of fibroblast. This method is useful in the treatment of established scars.

It seems that in some people it works, vanishing the excess of colagen of the scars and thus to leave cells them they can migrate to the surface and create skin instead of scar

The peculiar thing is, that in the depressed scars works well, and not in the sobrehigh ones.

Edited by Maldition

Drug description: Topiramate is a sulfamate-substituted monosaccharide. TOPAMAX (topiramate) Tablets are available as 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, and 200 mg round tablets for oral administration. TOPAMAX (topiramate capsules) Sprinkle Capsules are available as 15 mg and 25 mg sprinkle capsules for oral administration as whole capsules or opened and sprinkled onto soft food.

Edited by Maldition

In my investigation i see the Blockers of the channel of calcium like Topiramate, maybe could have the same effect than IECA inhibhitors like Enalapril. Bout reduces syntesis of the collagen.

Edited by Maldition

I am prescribed Enap (Enalaprili maleas) for my blood pressure. Any thoughts how would it affect my skin/scars?

ACE inhibitors and Calcium channel blockers for scarring??? I highly doubt that will be a legal indication in the future. The systemic effects of those drugs are vast. ACE inhibitors lower blood pressure so if you don't have high blood pressure then you'll risk all sorts of complications like oedema. Calcium channel blockers have so many cardiac functions that using them without a heart condition might as well be a death sentence. I know scarring is bad but don't resort to any off-label indications. If a drug works for something without common adverse effects then it will be indicated for that condition but if it isn't it won't be and for good reason. Trust the pharmacists - not the internet!

I am prescribed Enap (Enalaprili maleas) for my blood pressure. Any thoughts how would it affect my skin/scars?

Probably yes, you can help dash your scars in 6 months of daily use. Enalapril reduces TGF-B1, that's means less collagen fribosis scar.

Edited by Maldition

ACE inhibitors and Calcium channel blockers for scarring??? I highly doubt that will be a legal indication in the future. The systemic effects of those drugs are vast. ACE inhibitors lower blood pressure so if you don't have high blood pressure then you'll risk all sorts of complications like oedema. Calcium channel blockers have so many cardiac functions that using them without a heart condition might as well be a death sentence. I know scarring is bad but don't resort to any off-label indications. If a drug works for something without common adverse effects then it will be indicated for that condition but if it isn't it won't be and for good reason. Trust the pharmacists - not the internet!

Nobody is talking about it is something legal or if you have side effects.

The documents exposed here are based on information, scientific discoveries, then depends on each one if you want a risk to prove something experimental, or continue frustrated for life without finding a solution.

All the drugs have side effects, for example, the roaccutane(a legal remedy), has the worst side effects, literally destroys skin.

The enalapril at low doses (10mg) have side effects in 1 percent of who uses. however a legal drugs such as roaccutane has much more percentage of side effects.

The blocker of calcium channels as topiramate also reduces the fibrosis like the enalapril, although the topiramate has more side effects and is a drug more dangerous that not this in doubt, here has been studied quite the item.

Edited by Maldition

^^^ agreed.

Also do a search bc people actually tried it on here and had no effects.

How many people says that? one , two? twenty?

To give one opinion accurate about a drug especially in experimental phase, should prove more than 1,000 people to have a say accurately about whether a drug served or not.

What you say one, or 10 users in a forum on a drug should not be for you an opinion which you must believe.

If you are willing to try it go ahead.

I tried it myself. It did not help at all with old wounds, but it helps heal new wounds very fast without any scarring.

I tried it myself. It did not help at all with old wounds, but it helps heal new wounds very fast without any scarring.

Of course, the best way to start a treatment, it s whit a revision of scar, or peeling strong, to eliminate scar, after that, the medication can work in a good way.

So what you say is, if we do a scar revision, or peeling deep to eliminate scar, then we can regenerate the skin without scar. It's the best way to treat.

Edited by Maldition

ACE inhibitors have been proven to be very safe at low dosages.

^^^ agreed.

How long did they try it for? These things can take a long time to work.

Did you use it for at least several months? Did you use an adequate dosage? Also you have to give the old scar tissue a reason to regenerate. Just sitting there hoping for the scar tissue to destroy itself isn't good enough. You even said it yourself - "it helps heal new wounds very fast without any scarring." Suppressing TGF-B1 stops scaring or at least reduces the amount of scarring, it doesn't magically destroy all existing scar tissue within a few weeks.

It doesn't make a difference how many people have tried these medications before, if they are using it wrong then it is entirely irrelevant.

There is evidence showing that TGF-B1 suppression on its own can get rid of scarring. I think if your going to use an ACE inhibitor why not do a strong chemical peel aswell to help things along. Instead of hoping for the best with the ACE inhibitor why not use its power to the full by trying to remove some of the scar tissue with a peel. This way you have a fresh wound which can now heal without the massive amounts of TGF-B1 which are usually present.

Edited by Guest

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

i only watched pics but saw nothing speshul aat aaal :huh:

i only watched pics but saw nothing speshul aat aaal :huh:

This is why some people will never get rid of their scars. They refuse to read things and educate themselves.

I took it for 6 months, can't quite remember the exact dose right now, I believe it might have been 30mg a day like in the study.

After three months I contacted the Indian doctor who did the study, sent pics and asked for opinion, was told to give it another 3 months, so I did. At 6 months I contacted the doctor again and said to try doubling the dose. I did not continue because I though I had wasted enough time and needed to try something else. Also, there can be some bad side effects when taking this drug.

The study never mentioned creating a wound on the scar or else I would have tried that.

If anyone is willing to try taking this drug, try doing some needling and let us know how it works. If you see any improvements I'd be willing to take the drug again and do some needling too.

^^^ agreed.

To give one opinion accurate about a drug especially in experimental phase, should prove more than 1,000 people to have a say accurately about whether a drug served or not.

What you say one, or 10 users in a forum on a drug should not be for you an opinion which you must believe.

I read the study and it wasn't very large. I don't think there were enough people to constitute a study. I also remember the people who looked better applied lotion before their photos when they hadn't in the before pics.

I believe the people on here, but do it if you don't. I don't think you'll be happy though.

^^^ agreed.

I read the study and it wasn't very large. I don't think there were enough people to constitute a study. I also remember the people who looked better applied lotion before their photos when they hadn't in the before pics.

I believe the people on here, but do it if you don't. I don't think you'll be happy though.

Is not to believe or not, it is that you judge by the result of a few peoplehave said on a forum that has not worked.

When it comes to experimental drugs, must be tested in hundreds of people at a minimum, and that perhaps some do not work and that does not mean that he will work to others. experiments are handled so serious.

The other case:

http://dermatology.cdlib.org/113/letters/t...ate/rakesh.html

Results

91 patients(40 males and 51 females) of various age groups (Table 1) were included for the study. There were 33 patients with post acne scars (PAS), 27 with post dermatitis scars (PDS), 12 with post traumatic scars (PTS), 6 with post varicella scars (PVS), 2 with hypertrophic scars, 5 with keloids, and 6 with melasma. (Table 2)

Overall good to excellent response was found in 65 (71 %) patients. There was an excellent response in all the patients with post varicella scars. The response in post acne scars was also encouraging (93 % had good to excellent result). The response in keloids was not good. In melasma the response was average (Table 3). No side effects were observed in any of the patients.

Edited by Maldition

^^^ agreed.

Is not to believe or not, it is that you judge by the result of a few peoplehave said on a forum that has not worked.

When it comes to experimental drugs, must be tested in hundreds of people at a minimum, and that perhaps some do not work and that does not mean that he will work to others. experiments are handled so serious.

It doesn't seem it WAS tested on hundreds of people. 91 people is nothing for a study. If it's the same study that was floating around here before the people put lotion on in their after photos which reflects light and makes scars look better in photos.

Try it if you believe it. No one is saying you can't, but don't try to convince others when there isn't enough evidence or they offer you facts contrary to what you believe.

Please do try it and let us know how it works for you. You won't know if it works for you if you just keep talking about it.

The doctor from this study you posted (http://dermatology.cdlib.org/113/letters/t...ate/rakesh.html) is the same one I contacted.

I discuss on topiramate is for illustrative for people to learn, and have options if you want to start any treatment.

Edited by Maldition