Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dmanc

Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Dan's Regime

Alright so the Regime has cleared my skin up about 90% of the way, and now i notice that i have a bunch of red marks. Yes, i used to pick at my face a lot and now im paying for it lol. I have been reading the olive oil helps fade the red marks, so i was wondering when i should use it with the regime. Should i wash my face with the cleanser than leave the olive oil on my face for about 10 minutes or use the olive oil first and wash it off with the cleanser?? Help pleaseeee cuz i want to try this tonight and look good for the summer haha

Alright so the Regime has cleared my skin up about 90% of the way, and now i notice that i have a bunch of red marks. Yes, i used to pick at my face a lot and now im paying for it lol. I have been reading the olive oil helps fade the red marks, so i was wondering when i should use it with the regime. Should i wash my face with the cleanser than leave the olive oil on my face for about 10 minutes or use the olive oil first and wash it off with the cleanser?? Help pleaseeee cuz i want to try this tonight and look good for the summer haha

Emu Oil. Check out my thread

I haven't heard of using olive oil, but you could try Vitamin E oil. It has worked for a lot of people on here (look in product reviews).

p.s. In the "scar treatments" section under "acne info," Dan says you can't really treat scars until your acne is 100% cleared up. I might not risk it if I were you.

Edited by Journalistico

You can mix some olive oil with your moisturizer if that seems easier. Be aware that some people break out after having applied olive oil to their faces though. I think there are other, better oils that make red marks go away faster, such as jojoba oil for instance. That's what I use and I think it's working.

similar to what ^ said, i think you should gradually add it the products you're using, and see how it reacts just to be on the safe side. i used to use sweet almond oil by mixing some of it with moisturizer or by leaving it on the skin for a few minutes after cleansing, then washing it off. i've used a couple other skin oils and all of them made my skin really soft.