Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
h8rtbrokn

Rosehip Seed Oil for scars??

In researching some natural ways to care for my skin, I found an article stating that organic rosehip seed oil is very good at reducing the appearance of acne scars. In my quest to use anything but Retin-A Micro (waaaaaay too drying on me and I hate it!) I got all excited and on my next shopping trip to the Vitamin Shoppe, I sought it out. When I found it though it says right on the bottle not for use on acne prone skin. Well, WTF!!?? I have scars AND acne.....mostly acne on the lower part of my face (chin, jawline) and my scars are on my cheeks and sides of my face) so does that mean I can't use it? Has anyone used this product or heard of it working? I know it's not going to rid the scars, I don't think anything will ever completely rid them, but I'd like to make them softer looking if possible. Would it be possible to use it on just my scars and not the areas where I get acne now?

It's sooooooooo frustrating the 101 different things/methods out there to supposedly help people with acne and scarring that 101 other people say don't work. I just don't want to make things worse.....

In researching some natural ways to care for my skin, I found an article stating that organic rosehip seed oil is very good at reducing the appearance of acne scars. In my quest to use anything but Retin-A Micro (waaaaaay too drying on me and I hate it!) I got all excited and on my next shopping trip to the Vitamin Shoppe, I sought it out. When I found it though it says right on the bottle not for use on acne prone skin. Well, WTF!!?? I have scars AND acne.....mostly acne on the lower part of my face (chin, jawline) and my scars are on my cheeks and sides of my face) so does that mean I can't use it? Has anyone used this product or heard of it working? I know it's not going to rid the scars, I don't think anything will ever completely rid them, but I'd like to make them softer looking if possible. Would it be possible to use it on just my scars and not the areas where I get acne now?

It's sooooooooo frustrating the 101 different things/methods out there to supposedly help people with acne and scarring that 101 other people say don't work. I just don't want to make things worse.....

i have rought a bottle of rose hip oil 1 week agon and its raised them a little and made there colour a little lighter but if u avoid your pimples with it and just put on the scars it will be ok.