Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Someone PM'd me if I was clear, so I gave this response, which was basically what I was going to post here:

I'm pretty much clear thanks to Retin-A, I only get a few pimples on my chin where I can't use it or tiny ones that go away quickly on my face and appear rarely. Even my redmarks are fading very quickly. The first three months were a pain and I really doubted anything would happen, but its well worth it.

After a few years of being obsessed with my diet and supplements, being on this website constantly, and thinking about every aspect of my life in relation to acne, I am finally free. I wish I would have done this so much sooner. A lot of things done on the Holistic section are more dangerous than Retin-A, which is just a derivative of vitamin A that has been tested for use and monitored by your doctor/derm. Most of the thinking in the Holistic section is entirely unscientific and the so called research is really unfounded in the way it is applied. I have seen a lot of people have serious consequences for the things they have tried, and few people that have actually cleared.

Thats not to say I don't advise eating healthy. It's obvious that it can effect acne, but it obviously isn't the complete cause or cure. I still eat rather healthy but no longer feel guilt or fear when I eat something that is not on the super restricted acne.org "safe list." It feels good to go out and just live your life, really good.

A lot of things done on the Holistic section are more dangerous than Retin-A, which is just a derivative of vitamin A that has been tested for use and monitored by your doctor/derm. Most of the thinking in the Holistic section is entirely unscientific and the so called research is really unfounded in the way it is applied.

Amen !

congrats on the clear skin !!!!

Someone PM'd me if I was clear, so I gave this response, which was basically what I was going to post here:

I'm pretty much clear thanks to Retin-A, I only get a few pimples on my chin where I can't use it or tiny ones that go away quickly on my face and appear rarely. Even my redmarks are fading very quickly. The first three months were a pain and I really doubted anything would happen, but its well worth it.

After a few years of being obsessed with my diet and supplements, being on this website constantly, and thinking about every aspect of my life in relation to acne, I am finally free. I wish I would have done this so much sooner. A lot of things done on the Holistic section are more dangerous than Retin-A, which is just a derivative of vitamin A that has been tested for use and monitored by your doctor/derm. Most of the thinking in the Holistic section is entirely unscientific and the so called research is really unfounded in the way it is applied. I have seen a lot of people have serious consequences for the things they have tried, and few people that have actually cleared.

Thats not to say I don't advise eating healthy. It's obvious that it can effect acne, but it obviously isn't the complete cause or cure. I still eat rather healthy but no longer feel guilt or fear when I eat something that is not on the super restricted acne.org "safe list." It feels good to go out and just live your life, really good.

Congrats on being acne free! Why can't you use it on chin? Do you have any before and after photos?

Congrats on being acne free! Why can't you use it on chin? Do you have any before and after photos?

My derm said you can't use it on your chin, not exactly sure why. I didn't take any photos meant to be before photos. I could look and see if I have any clear shots of my face though.