Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive been reading about witch hazel.. being good for red marks. and soothing the face. Is this true? What kind should i use, i saw witch hazel at walgreens (drug store) and they had 1 that the liquid was clear, and the other the liquid was a blue tint. It came in a bottle like rubbing alcohol.. but it was just witch hazel. it looked jus like rubbing alchohol to.. but not.

is that wat i should be looking for?

Witch hazel is a herb and its pure exract is not liquid, so in a bottle just like rubbing alcohol is not simply witch hazel and it is irritating to the face skin. The only good preparation with witch I know is produced by NUCream. It is in a form of a cream great for soothing irritation and I believe it will be good for red marks as well. wink.gif

ive been reading about witch hazel.. being good for red marks.  and soothing the face.  Is this true?  What kind should i use, i saw witch hazel at walgreens (drug store)  and they had 1 that the liquid was clear, and the other the liquid was a blue tint.  It came in a bottle like rubbing alcohol.. but it was just witch hazel.  it looked jus like rubbing alchohol to.. but not.

is that wat i should be looking for?

Thayer's Witch Hazel has many different flavors, so if you're planning to buy one, be sure to look at the label carefully. I bought a bottle of Thayer's the other day at Wholefoods (about $7.99-$9.99 I think), and grabbed the "Lemon Witch Hazel" - there were so many different kinds! But when I looked at it closer (at home), it contains 14% alcohol like ritzvin said.

So...if you're sensitive to alcohol (I am, it's too drying), then look for Thayer's ALCOHOL-FREE witch hazel.

Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent contains Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) Extract, but it does contain Alcohol. So, if you're very sensitive to alchohol I wouldn't recommend it. But, If you aren't give it a try!!