Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a waitress and sometimes I work up to 10 hour shifts. Since I am running around all day, my makeup (bare minerals) sweats off i guess. Once in a while I'll re-apply once during a shift, but apparently thats bad (cause i don't blot) oops!

So my question is, how can I fix my face before re-applying makeup? Do I just use some toilet paper and blot? And if so, how often? Anyone have any suggestions on how I can keep my face looking well (while actually being well) during the day? Because, god help me, but I look like a MESS at the end of the day :(. It really sucks too because my co-worker is super hot, haha.

So any tips on how to "freshen up" at work would be extremely helpful!! thanks :)

I work as a delivery driver and also pull 10-hour shifts.

1) Look at the kind of makeup you're using. Is it oil free? What kind of coverage? My favorite is Neutrogena's healthy skin pressed powder. It's oil free. Some foundations/powders/bronzers/whatever you use may hold up longer than others.

2) Have you tried makeup primers? I don't use a primer, but primers can help your makeup stay in place for longer.

3) Estee Lauder makes a makeup refresher. It's a mist bottle that you spray (lightly) on your face to refresh your makeup. I used this during my senior prom and it worked. However, I can say nothing on how 'good' it is for your skin.

4) Clinique's pore minimizer instant perfector. This little cream goes on your skin before makeup. It makes pores less noticable and keeps oil at bay. However, it IS a makeup NOT a treatment so be sure to remove it thoroughly.

5) Blot sheets. To my knowledge, they are all created equal. I always trust Neutrogena and Clean and Clear to make good ones. They are thin piece of 'paper' that you just blot over the oily parts of your face. In a pinch toilet seat covers work (have not tried this). I've found that most bathroom paper towels (the brown ones) work at removing oil though they may disturb makeup. Neutrogena and Clean and Clear blot sheets won't remove your makeup.

6) If you must reapply, blot first. Otherwise you're just dumping makeup on top of oil on top of already bad skin and this may lead to a breakout. I really don't recommend reappplying.

^ gave good suggestions. if you want to reapply, i'd blot with a napkin, and use an oil-controlling pressed powder. rimmel stay matte pressed powder works pretty well for me, but the shade range sucks, and the packaging is crazy.

You should blot during the day to remove excess oil which will keep your face looking fresher and cleaner.

You can use blotting paper orrr just take a kleenex and press it against your skin which i find works better sometimes because i feel like it absorbs better, plus its faster beause kleenex are bigger than blot papers lol

once the oil is gone youll look better! if you still need to reapply makeup, using mac blot powder is a good idea. it doesnt look cakey and it has a bit of light coverage plus it will mattify!

I would definitely recommend a primer. MAC Prep+Prime SPF50 or Smashbox Photofinish Foundation primer (I use original) both hold my make-up so well and a lot longer than without them.

Try an oil-control mattifier. Either MAC's Oil Lotion or Murad's Oil Control Mattifier (which I use).

Both of these can help lengthen the wear of your make-up, thus requiring less touch-ups throughout the day (:

Edited by Axxith

thanks everyone! all your suggestions have been very helpful. I'm just worried that these primers may clog my pores. But if everyone is using them without complaint, then I guess they don't? I'll definitely check the ingredients before purchasing one. And I probably won't re-apply anymore.. to be honest, applying the extra makeup doesnt help my skin look any better.. and plus the idea of putting makeup on top of "dirty" skin grosses me out.

thanks again!

TAKE WITH YOU A SMALL TONER I LIKE THE ONE I AM USING CALLED ACNE ZAP. (TEA TREE OIL INFUSED)

i TEND TO TOUCH MY FACE ALOT AND THE ANTICEPTIC PROPERTIES NEAUTRALISE ALL THE YUCKIES. i MIST ON FACE, BLOT AND REAPPLY. PAPER TOWEL WORKS BEST TO BLOT. YOU KNOW, THAT CHEAP BROWN PAPER THAT COMES OUT OF THE DISPENSERS EVERYWHERE. YOU CAN ACTUALY SEE IT ON THE PAPER.

HERS A TIP TO EVERYONE! WASH YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE! THEY ARE A CULPRIT OF ACNE!