Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mumble

If Minocycline doesn't work, what could I do?

It's been five weeks since I was put on 100mg of Minocycline daily (50mg twice daily) for my acne. I have not seen an improvement yet. I was thinking if there has been no noticeable improvement after I finished my second bottle of Minocycline (which will be week eight), I am considering to go back to the doctors to see what he thinks. If he advises me to go to a dermatologist (as he said he might, when I started the antibiotics), I will, if mum agrees of course. Do you think I should do that?

What would be the next treatment after Minocycline to try? There would be no point to try Tetracycline and Doxycycline. Maybe Bactrim? I don't know. Would the next step be Roaccutane? :redface:

Thank-you to all help in advance!

Mumble

Try accutane

Thanks for the reply. Should I wait to see how the Minocycline goes first?

Yeh, that would regardless(at least it should) Accutane would break you out at first before improving

Try accutane

Thanks for the reply. Should I wait to see how the Minocycline goes first?

Yeh, that would regardless(at least it should) Accutane would break you out at first before improving

Yeah, true.

It's been five weeks since I was put on 100mg of Minocycline daily (50mg twice daily) for my acne. I have not seen an improvement yet. I was thinking if there has been no noticeable improvement after I finished my second bottle of Minocycline (which will be week eight), I am considering to go back to the doctors to see what he thinks. If he advises me to go to a dermatologist (as he said he might, when I started the antibiotics), I will, if mum agrees of course. Do you think I should do that?

What would be the next treatment after Minocycline to try? There would be no point to try Tetracycline and Doxycycline. Maybe Bactrim? I don't know. Would the next step be Roaccutane? :redface:

Mumble

Hi, if your acne doesn't respond to taking minocycline you might have to increase the dosage to 200 mg a day initially.I was first put on minocin at the 100 mg daily dosage and it didn't help my acne. I went back to see the same doctor and he put me on the 200 mg daily dosage for the first 3 months, and it cleared my acne up

Mumble

Hi, if your acne doesn't respond to taking minocycline you might have to increase the dosage to 200 mg a day initially.I was first put on minocin at the 100 mg daily dosage and it didn't help my acne. I went back to see the same doctor and he put me on the 200 mg daily dosage for the first 3 months, and it cleared my acne up

Okay, cool. How long were you initially on 100mg of Minocycline?