Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
})({amber

why do people without acne always point yours out?

Why is it people that have never had bad acne always tell you how to help improve your skin because "when they had a pimple it helped"

I get it all the time, I hate when I try and change the subject and they keep going on and on about it. I've never had them suggest something I haven't already tried that didn't work. And when I say I've tried everything they still keep going on and on about how this will change my life and clear my skin.

I hate the question "well do you do anything to try to get rid of your acne?" Of course I do....how many people don't try to do anything to help their skin do they really think I'm gonna say no i don't why....

Its just so frustrating because I have never pointed out to anyone their flaws so why is it that people always do it to me? And I know other people with acne have had the same thing happen to them.

It's just an old beat up topic. Have you ever pointed out to someone "hey you look like you don't feel well" Some people might think they are being nice and trying to help out. I always look at it from both points of view. At my old job I was so broken out from accutane and people tried to help, it was annoying, but they did it respectfully and would pull me aside about it.

It's just an old beat up topic. Have you ever pointed out to someone "hey you look like you don't feel well" Some people might think they are being nice and trying to help out. I always look at it from both points of view. At my old job I was so broken out from accutane and people tried to help, it was annoying, but they did it respectfully and would pull me aside about it.

if its done respectfully i dont mind, its usually not though....

if its done respectfully i dont mind, its usually not though....

Well, that sucks, not much you can do about it, not everyone understands how much acne hurts mentally. Just the same as most people who don't suffer fro obesity and life altering health conditions know.

I've had people ask me the same question in the past. They don't seem to understand that what worked for their tiny pimples, doesn't work on someone with a lot of moderate/severe acne. They assume people with serious acne don't take care of their skin, but the truth is they probably take care of their skin more than people without acne.

Just walk away from those people, they aren't worth your time.

i totally agre with sfnp the average person doesnt understand that ppl with acne are trying a 1000 million ways to try to rid themselves of it!! i get that alot too.. annoying ppl. protactiv? sorry tried that. see a derm? doing that.. clearasil? hahaah no way would that work now... argh... ppl..

my friend used to do this to me, she had acne but it wasn't that bad and her skin tone was perfect. one time she commented on how bad my skin looked and told me to go on yaz... hell no i'm too hippie for that kind of stuff. i dont believe in bcp's because they can have severe side effects and your body becomes dependent on it

Edited by hellstorm

Only my mother does that...She acts like I don't do ANYTHING about it. My friends never talk about it. But I'm a guy and guys dont usually give eachother cosmetic tips. lol :D