Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

Don't you have STUDYING about the SKIN in CLASS?

You just know that acne will somehow be brought into the lecture. As soon as the teacher talks about the epidermis, you go, "OH shit. Here we go." And you bow your head down pretending to write something.

Then the teacher goes on and on and pretends to be the expert on acne. "Oh, you know, just drink water. You're Vitamin C-deficient. You gotta eat cilantro more." Blah blah blah. You just wanna shout, "If it's that easy, then why do people still suffer from fucking acne?" But no, you stay quiet and blend in the background so that the attention isn't focused on you.

You just know that once you talk, everyone will look at you... and your acne. But still, even if no one's really staring at you, you still KNOW that every time the word "acne" or "pimple" comes out of the teacher's mouth, YOU JUST KNOW everyone has a mental image of your face in their heads.

UGH. That's what happened to me. :rolleyes: I'm sure everyone else has experienced this.

In Sept 08, in my college class, the professor read an article about how the western hemisphere has more cases of it then the eastern part. I gave my advice on it because I have/had acne. Some people just aren't to keen on the subject, so I wouldn't read into it much

In my bio class, my teacher mentioned acne as an offhand remark. Lucky me. I'm sitting next to a hot girl friend. Some guy (friend of friends, so an acquaintance of sorts) behind me commented on the big fucking pimple I had on my neck and asked me what I eat. He's Maori, so you can imagine his build. Still, he doesn't work out so I know I can take him. I swear, I just wanted to smash his face in then and there. Ended up glaring at him and talking him down with offhanded remarks whilst clenching my fists against the chair/table in silent anger.

I remember we had to watch a video on puberty. As soon as a small amount of acne was shown everyone recoiled in horror and instantly looked my way. Thanks guys :doubt: