Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone!

So I'm wondering, is it safe to use AHA + once every morning in place of benzoyl peroxide? I would still use bp at night but I'm trying give my skin time to heal from red marks so I want to back off bp a bit. I just want to make sure using AHA + isn't doing more harm than good by using it once every morning. Any recommendations?

If your skin has been clear on the Regimen for awhile you can certainly try alternating the bp and AHA lotion and see how it goes for you.

If your skin has been clear on the Regimen for awhile you can certainly try alternating the bp and AHA lotion and see how it goes for you.

Someone posted on a message board that your skin can become used to the AHA if used daily, meaning it isn't as effective. Is this true? I myself am trying to figure out how often to use AHA. I was thinking a few times a week at night after BP but I'm not sure. I haven't really foud on the website where Dan clearly states how often you should use it?

When you go to the store link at the top of the page and go to the AHA product page Dan has a description of the product and videos on there. It sounds like he uses the AHA at night after the BP in replace of the moisturizer and as a spot treatment.

You skin does the most turn over and new cell growth at night so it makes sense to use the AHA at night since it exfoliates.

When you say "skin has been clear on the Regimen for awhile", how long is "awhile"???