Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esessa

For those under 25? How much longer?

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering, if you're under age 25 and probably have the normal acne that goes away with age but are using a diet to try to reduce/elminate it, how much longer do you think you'll be on your diet for? I just turned 22, and I've been on a meat and vegetable diet for a few months; I'm hoping I only have to endure this for not too much longer because I'd really like to get back to eating more of the foods I've always enjoyed. The vast majority of adults that I see eat the foods avoided on here all of the time, and the overwhelming majority don't seem to have any problems from what I can tell. So, when do you think you might go back to more of what you usually ate?

It really depends on genetics. Ask your parents when they stopped having acne. Even at 50, though, both of mine still have to use products to prevent blackheads, so it might only decrease in severity over time and you'll still want to avoid eating a ton of sugar or anything obvious like that.

Well, my parents don't have acne at all anymore...maybe the very occasional pimple, but it's very rare for them. They said there's went away around their early twenties, but they weren't sure if diet actually influenced their acne or not at the time. It didn't really concern them all that much, so I'm hoping that my diet will eventually stop manifesting itself in the form of acne and go away as theirs did, soon hopefully.

My acne seems to be reducing the last year. I think ill be on it at least till my 18th.

I'm a few years over 25 and I can say my acne has never lessened. It has only gotten steadily worse over the years. I read that if you have acne after 23, it is probably with you for life.

Now, to balance out that bad news with some good news: I've learned that people who have acne after age 23 usually have a food sensitivity. Gluten or yeast or dairy or wheat, etc. Try taking a sensitivity test at EnteroLab.com to shorten the process of finding your sensitivity.

My mother never had acne, but my father did I believe. I should ask him when his went away. Mine has gotten better with age, but seriously it's like having braces in older age. People give me a look like "aren't you a little old for acne?". Hehe.

Whenever I bring up acne to my mom, she just says that nothing I can try (diet or topicals) will work because I'm just a teenager and have to deal with it for a few more years. I don't think it's true about nothing being able to work just because I'm a teen, but my brother had worse acne than I have and he seemed to clear up with age. He's now like 22 or 23 and almost 100% clear. As far as I know he never tried any diets or topicals to help his, just went with the flow. My mom on the other hand never had acne as a teen, but she breaks out sometimes now. She said it's because she's 40 and it's normal for women to experience breakouts around this age too.

Yea, it does seem to be working pretty well so far. I also do the regimen and take Vilantae as well, but I think the diet is a pretty big factor. I was just thinking that maybe at this age (and of course younger), diet is the trigger of most people's acne, but they don't really make the connection, and it usually goes away with age, regardless of what they eat. I'd like to think that that is what will happen to me...