Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey everyone,

it has been about a month (to 6 weeks) since i first started using AcneFree severe. It says it is supposed to get rid of your acne within 2 weeks. I noticed that my acne were at bay for a while and was so exited. I tend to get less acne on my left side than my right. My left side side was pretty much acne free and the scars were 95% gone, whereas i had a few scars remaining on my right side due to prior acne before using the system but no acne itself. Then, right when i thought both sides of my face were getting clear, i got about 3 cystic acne (1 big one on the right side and 2 medium sized ones on the left). I couldnt help it, so i popped the one on my right side. a little bit of puss came out, waited a day and then popped it further with no puss left. Its still hard but the swelling is gone and its not as red anymore.

I am doing things a little bit different: instead of putting on step 3 in the morning and step 4 at night, i put step 3 at night and step 4 in the morning. This is because step 3 causes your makeup to go on streaky and it isnt a pretty sight. I read many people who are doing this and it doesnt seem to affect their results.

At first when i tried, i put step 3 in the morning and step 4 at night, as directed...but my face would always be stinging...like burning....then i tried to put on suncreen on top of my makeup (which looked gross) but still the burning continued...thats when i switched step 3 to night and step 4 to day. The burning doesnt happen anymore...but....are these results normal?

i got olay complete with spf 15 to use as my moisturizer and sunscreen AFTER i put on my step 4 in the morning...

what you guys think???

Edited by prncess23

I used the AcneFree Severe kit off and on a while ago, but it's really harsh, and it sounds like it might be too harsh for your skin. Step 3 was really harsh for my skin and caused a bit of burning after a while, especially during the day, so I had to use it sparingly and sometimes left it out completely depending on how my skin looked.

So, I'd say at least in regards to the burning, your results are normal. At least in my experience.

My skin just got excessively dry from it, it definitely needs a moisturizer, and one with a spf for the day. But because of how dry it made my skin, and the burning I'd eventually start feeling from step 3, I just used the kit to get my acne under control when my skin would go crazy, and only at night, and would stop after about a week or two once my skin looked ok and would then use other cleansers. I haven't used the kit in a long time. Maybe you can experiment with reducing your use of it?

You might want to just use it at night and find something milder to use in the morning, but if it continues to makes your skin burn, or continue to get cystic pimples, it's not worth it.

I've been using AcneFree Severe 24/7 foaming cleanser for the past few weeks, it works OK for me so far, and isn't nearly as drying or irritating. It uses salicylic acid instead of BP. Maybe it's something you could give a try.

Guest Samantha0193

this was the product that I used last and it did work...for about a week and a half. my skin tends to be dry and oily most of the time. and while the wash did work a little bit, the toner and lotion made my skin worse and it made it feel really...gross, it was like the lotion was way too oily or something, putting make up on over it was nearly impossible...