Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jws

I need Some advice

I cook to make money while in college and it caused my acne to go from light to moderate... I'm on Dan's Regimen but is there anything i can do while in work.. usually 6-8 hour shifts to help my face?

I cook to make money while in college and it caused my acne to go from light to moderate... I'm on Dan's Regimen but is there anything i can do while in work.. usually 6-8 hour shifts to help my face?

Being aroud grease and food sucks! I waitressed for a couple of years and although I wasn't cooking, the grease and gunk still made me more oily than usual. I just made sure to blot my face gently when it became oily (which was quite frequently!). When I got home at night I usually took a shower and was sure to cleanse to help get rid of the yuckiness that I felt was lingering on me (I always smelled like fajitas which wasn't pleasant haha). I'm not sure what time you usually work, but you could adjust your skin care regimen so that you are doing Dan's regimen right after work. So if you work at night, do the morning skin care routine and when you are done working at do the regimen again. Best of luck to you!!!!

Being aroud grease and food sucks! I waitressed for a couple of years and although I wasn't cooking, the grease and gunk still made me more oily than usual. I just made sure to blot my face gently when it became oily (which was quite frequently!). When I got home at night I usually took a shower and was sure to cleanse to help get rid of the yuckiness that I felt was lingering on me (I always smelled like fajitas which wasn't pleasant haha). I'm not sure what time you usually work, but you could adjust your skin care regimen so that you are doing Dan's regimen right after work. So if you work at night, do the morning skin care routine and when you are done working at do the regimen again. Best of luck to you!!!!

I usually work till 10 and always have to get a shower right after work. Me and my fellow cook always say to each other can't go anywhere without getting a shower first, not because of acne just because the way you feel when your done.. nasty.

I usually blot my face with a dry paper towl when i feel greasy and it ain't really helping.

I worked at this restaurante since i was in highschool, i dishwashed when i first started and it didn't really hurt my face at all, but now that i'm cooking it's killing me. I'm really considering quiting, but i love the people, the pay is a lot better then pretty much all of my friends, and im getting 30-40 hours a week which may be hard at other places cause have strict hours i can work due to school. I really think the best thing to do is for me to quit, just sucks though.

Edited by jws