Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nick3286

Cyst on side of nose

Hey i have a cyst on the side of my nose for quite some time about 2 weeks i think

anything i should to help the process

or should i just wait it out

any help

thanks

i get these once every couple of months. They are fuckin huge and make my entire nose go red. Best thing to is either squeeze all the crap out of it, i mean all of it cause the ones i had bleed for ages until it reduced. Or you can wait it out, but it does take a whiel

Heat!!! use a hot compress on it, but not so hot that it burns, more warm. I get the exact same things right next to my nose. Unless I get them to a head and pop it it takes weeks for them to go away. Even if it doesnt come to a head, keep using the heat on it and that seems to hasten the healing time. But be careful, if it doesnt have a visible head on it dont try to hard to pop it or it will get inflamed and scab over and that looks worse. A little BP might help bring it to the surface if you have any.

Hey i have a cyst on the side of my nose for quite some time about 2 weeks i think

anything i should to help the process

or should i just wait it out

any help

thanks

Seriously, the best thing you can do is just wrap an ice cube with a handkerchief and hold it to your cyst for 10 -15 seconds then let it go and reapply it a few seconds later. Do this until the ice cube has melted and by then the cyst will have gone down and hopefully forced the pus to surface and then you can squeeze all the goblins outta there. Make sure you get to the core of it which is the last thing that will come out after the pus, you will be able to notice it because it is solid and from what I can remember it is jagged in shape. If you see blood beware and stop because too much blood coming out means you will probably get a scar if you squeeze anymore. In that case just leave it and wait for the core to surface and boy it should surface not too long after that by applying the first step with the ice cube. I got rid of a massive cyst on my nose during christmas and I was so lucky it only lasted a week because of my swift actions.

Hope this helps.

Don't pick at it! Seriously I'm like the queen of cysts/pimples on my nose. I can deal with pimples everywhere else, but my nose is already on the larger side and I always have the misfortune of getting giant red demons on it to make it look even worse. I currently have 3 blotchy red marks on my nose (3 different areas) from picking at cystic pimples on my nose. I've gotten more than 3, but those 3 marks have lingered on my face BECAUSE I picked at them. I mean sure, you might get lucky, and you'll be able to squeeze all the gunk out of there (which, I admit, is the best feeling in the world). BUT, there's also the chance that you'll just keep squeezing and squeezing and nothing comes out. And then you've made everything worse; it'll be redder, inflamed, you might've pushed the gunk down further and made everything worse. And you probably broke through the top layer of your skin, so you'll be dealing with a bright bloody mess that will scab over and just be a complete nightmare.

For me, the derm prescribed Clindamycin and it's worked wonders on my cysts. Or, for nonprescription, I used to use Mario Badescu buffering lotion and sometimes Zapzyt. Ice the cyst and be patient. If you don't touch it, it'll be a large pink bump, but that's easier to cover up than a bloody mangled scabby mess.