Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hesitation

I'm wondering about something. How could accutane for example help someone with leaky gut?

How could accutane help someone with digestive issues? It surely doesn't take care of the real problem. I mean... the skin should still get inflammatory if you don't eat right etc with or without accutane. How does accutane take care of that? It seems so brutal to the body...

nobody really knows what accutane does on the cellular level. the last thing it does is help with leaky gut though. some people have claimed that accutane caused them to develop ulcerative colitis and chron's disease. idk, accutane is a goofy drug :(

Yeah, I know that, but it does get rid of acne.

For some people. And it's very often only temporary. Not only that, for many, when acne returns, it's worse.

Hesitation, I can offer my very limited viewpoint:

Leaky gut allows molecules of protein (and perhaps other debris) into the blood stream where it allows the body to become "on edge" with inflammation. Accutane sort of suppress all inflammation in the body. For example, if you had a tiny scratch that was slightly infected, Accutane would likely suppress that inflammation, too. It's drying mechanism is an entirely different action, though.

Accutane doesn't rid everyone of acne.

Basically, accutane somehow shrinks the sebaceous glands in your skin. Because the glands then produce less oil, follicles are less likely to become clogged. It is a retinoid and is made from vitamin A or some synthetic version of vitamin a. It's kind of like mildly (or severely) overdosing on Vitamin A.

Interesting, thanks.

I know that it doesn't work for everyone. I'm trying to figure out if it could for me. I just want to have a backup plan...

Hesitation, I can offer my very limited viewpoint:

Leaky gut allows molecules of protein (and perhaps other debris) into the blood stream where it allows the body to become "on edge" with inflammation. Accutane sort of suppress all inflammation in the body. For example, if you had a tiny scratch that was slightly infected, Accutane would likely suppress that inflammation, too. It's drying mechanism is an entirely different action, though.

It's drying mechanism is the main action of Accutane. It does NOT suppress all inflammation in the body. Actually, some studies suggest it to cause a great deal of gut inflammation. Even the potential side effects list Pancreatitis, (inflammation of the pancreas) ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease) and Crohns disease (which leads to inflammation in the digestive track) or other intestinal disorders. I think it can definitely cause gut inflammation.

So, no, it is NOT going to alleviate all of your body's inflammation responses.

if anything it will make your gut even thinner.

Care to elaborate? Is this a known fact, or did you hear it somewhere?

im being presumptious. But it acts on skin cells and slows down the rate of growth, the cell sin your intestinal tract may be affected, but i do not know this for sure although one of the bad side effects that is well known is intestinal bleeding. Perhaps this is why, i really do not know.

Jesus Christ do not take Accutane.

There's a member on the forum whose son (or daughter, can't recall) went on it and it stunted his growth. IOW, it caused early closure of his epiphyseal plates.

There's a member on the forum whose son (or daughter, can't recall) went on it and it stunted his growth. IOW, it caused early closure of his epiphyseal plates.

Muhammad Ali, do not take accutane. i know a friend of a firend's third cousin's nephew's neice's duck's pet rabbit who took accutane and turned to gold !

blah blah blah

hard facts and peer reveiwed studies !

that's what potential accutane users should look into not hearsay from acne.org forum members.

in the end the numbers say accutane stunts acne in the majority of people who take it

those are the facts. you cant refute facts from clinical, peer reviewed studies.

Hey sure, don't believe me.

Adverse effects

Increasingly higher dosages will result in higher toxicity, resembling vitamin A toxicity.

Adverse drug reactions associated with isotretinoin therapy include:

* Common: Mild acne flare, dryness of skin, lips and mucous membranes, infection of the cuticles, cheilitis, itch, rosacea, skin fragility, skin peeling, rash, flushing, nose bleeds, dry eyes, diffuse alopecia areata, eye irritation, conjunctivitis, reduced tolerance to contact lenses, hyperlipidaemia, raised liver enzymes, permanent thin skin, headaches, temporary/permanent hair thinning (this could start or continue after treatment), myalgia and/or arthralgia, back pain.

* Infrequent: severe acne flare, raised blood glucose level, decreased libido/erectile dysfunction, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate, fatigue.

* Rare: impaired night vision; cataracts; optic neuritis; menstrual disturbances; inflammatory bowel disease; pancreatitis; hepatitis; corneal opacities; papilloedema; idiopathic intracranial hypertension; skeletal hyperostosis; extraosseous calcification; psychosis; depression

There are spontaneous reports of premature epiphyseal closure in acne patients receiving recommended doses of Accutane. The effect of multiple courses of Accutane on epiphyseal closure is unknown.

Muhammad Ali, do not take accutane. i know a friend of a firend's third cousin's nephew's neice's duck's pet rabbit who took accutane and turned to gold !

blah blah blah

that's what potential accutane users should look into not hearsay from acne.org forum members.

in the end the numbers say accutane stunts acne in the majority of people who take it

those are the facts. you cant refute facts from clinical, peer reviewed studies.

My friends took Acutane. The skin became so thin on his face that it looked translucent. Another friend permanently ruined their bones.

Those are "common side effects" of Acutane. And stunted growth is another common side effect.

Hard facts and peer reviewed studies show that severe side effects from accutane are common. That is why responsible doctors are very cautious about prescribing it.

science can only account for what has been observed and recorded. this world is a big place with many crazy interactions that have not been observed yet and successfully documented. The clinical trials in place for fda regulated safety is a great thing, but time and again has proven insufficient to completely warrant a drug safe for everybody. Do not completly shut out people's testimonies, listen to them carefully as they may have some merit, yet many could be dubious as well, but definitly hear them out.

blah blah blah

Yeah, I know that, but it does get rid of acne.

For some people. And it's very often only temporary. Not only that, for many, when acne returns, it's worse.

This is so untrue. For the people who have acne come back it's almost always easier to deal with topically and it so much milder. I know this because I was on it, I know people who were on it (a lot of them, not just one friend of a friend).

It also gets rid of acne for a majority of people forever. There are scientific studies that prove this.

MOST people do not get serious or lasting side effects. Many side effects can be avoided from going on a lower dose.

I am not telling people to take 'tane, but I get so sick of people demonizing this drug when it helps the majority of people and usually doesn't cause lasting side effects. Go on the accutane part of this site and interact with REAL live people and not "friend of friends" so you can objectively make a more informed decision regarding the drug. If I'd done this I wouldn't have had scars and and I would've been clear so long ago. Why did I wait so long? because of people like you saying awful things about the drug that aren't even representative of it in the majority of people. This is why I get so upset when I see people who know next to nothing about the drug scaring people.

People get liver failure from Tylenol. People also get liver failure from supplements. We all somehow assume that supplements are safe when we have no idea what it's doing to our internal organs and we aren't even being monitored while on them. With 'tane you are monitored every month, so it's actually much safer than any other drug you are put on, because every drug has side effects, that includes supplements, which are drugs also.