Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starlite

What are good treatments for scarring for a person with rosacea

I have rosacea and sensitive skin, and I'm nervous that some of the treatments might make it worse. In fact, I suspect that the peels I've tried might have triggered the rosacea, because I didn't have a problem with flushing before my first peel.

What kind of lasers would improve my scarring and not make my rosacea worse? Any other treatments?

I have rosacea and sensitive skin, and I'm nervous that some of the treatments might make it worse. In fact, I suspect that the peels I've tried might have triggered the rosacea, because I didn't have a problem with flushing before my first peel.

What kind of lasers would improve my scarring and not make my rosacea worse? Any other treatments?

if your scars are of acne and are of your face, you can do peelings with mandelic acid, that causes very little redness.

Edited by eterna_maldicion

if your scars are of acne and are of your face, you can do peelings with mandelic acid, that causes very little redness.

i definitely agree. a few light peels usually helps reduce redness (at least in my experience). if not, you can try the section of the board dealing with redness. they sound like they have been trying all sorts of things and might be able to offer some useful advice.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

i definitely agree. a few light peels usually helps reduce redness (at least in my experience). if not, you can try the section of the board dealing with redness. they sound like they have been trying all sorts of things and might be able to offer some useful advice.

Peels are bad for rosacea.

Peels are bad for rosacea.

mandelic acid noncause almost redness, afther that, apply 'jojoba oil' is a good cerum for rosacea

EMU OIL

google it. It's the sh*t

is that what you use now? you seem to be big on this product

Yep. Dude I only had it for 2 1/2-3 days now and I honestly see results.

EMU OIL

google it. It's the sh*t

Congrats man, pictures of your success?

EMU OIL

google it. It's the sh*t

Hate taking pictures, cuz. I should have though. I'll prob post 1 2morrow cuz I got this sh*t on my face right now and dont wanna wash it off. I'll keep ya posted

EMU OIL

google it. It's the sh*t

Hate taking pictures, cuz. I should have though. I'll prob post 1 2morrow cuz I got this sh*t on my face right now and dont wanna wash it off. I'll keep ya posted

Alright, send me a PM for what thread it's in bro

EMU OIL

google it. It's the sh*t

Alright, send me a PM for what thread it's in bro

It will be in my Accutane Log

EMU OIL

google it. It's the sh*t

Emu oil does nothing for indented scars

First of all you need to let us know what type of scars you have

Starlite, I had rosacia before Fraxel Re:pair and since my first laser it has never returned. Understand that Re:pair is not indicated for rosacia, but that is my story and I am sticking to it.:)

Starlite, I had rosacia before Fraxel Re:pair and since my first laser it has never returned. Understand that Re:pair is not indicated for rosacia, but that is my story and I am sticking to it.:)

Wow Dudley, that's amazing! That gives me so much hope! I see that you also received a CO2 treatment. How did that affect your rosacea?

Now I'm determined more than ever to save up for the Fraxel:repair!

EMU OIL

google it. It's the sh*t

Emu oil does nothing for indented scars

First of all you need to let us know what type of scars you have

I think I have all of them. Rolling scars very deep on one cheek and shallow ones elsewhere, at least one boxcar, and plenty of icepick scars thrown in for good measure. I'd like to add that my skin looks sooo much better since I first started taking advice from people on this forum two years ago, I'd say maybe 50% improvement, 40% being modest, so I think I have mostly moderate to shallow scarring now. My skin doesn't look as rough.

Emu oil does help with rosacea, but I'm a vegetarian and found out that they kill the emu to get the oil. :X

mandelic acid noncause almost redness, afther that, apply 'jojoba oil' is a good cerum for rosacea

Thanks for the tip, didn't think any acid was indicated for rosacea!

Thanks for the tip, didn't think any acid was indicated for rosacea!

;)

and for your rosaceous one you do not forget the oil jojoba, are investigations of people who have improved them the symptoms

it is not an oil, it is a cerum, and also it serves for the treatment anti acne.

Wow Dudley, that's amazing! That gives me so much hope! I see that you also received a CO2 treatment. How did that affect your rosacea?

I did not have Rosacea at the time of the Co2. About 3-4 years ago my nose started with the blood vessels and also on the cheeks. I went to one PS and he was zapping them with some little electric thing, and that helped with the blood vessels. As I said Re:pair is not indicated for Rosacea, but it did the trick for me.

I did not have Rosacea at the time of the Co2. About 3-4 years ago my nose started with the blood vessels and also on the cheeks. I went to one PS and he was zapping them with some little electric thing, and that helped with the blood vessels. As I said Re:pair is not indicated for Rosacea, but it did the trick for me.

I'm thinking about getting a Co2 treatment for right now because it's cheaper (in terms of laser treatments.) I think it's similar to fraxel because it's fractional, so I'm relieved that it may not make my rosacea worse.

StarLite, that was only one mans experience. Do further research. I am not a doctor, I am telling you the truth about my experience, but as I have said, Re:pair is not indicated for rosacea. Please seek more professional advice before you take my or any other posters view.

Anecdotal evidence

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Look up anecdotal evidence in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

The expression anecdotal evidence has two distinct meanings.

(1) Evidence in the form of an anecdote or hearsay is called anecdotal if there is doubt about its veracity; the evidence itself is considered untrustworthy.

(2) Evidence, which may itself be true and verifiable, used to deduce a conclusion which does not follow from it, usually by generalizing from an insufficient amount of evidence. For example "my grandfather smoked like a chimney and died healthy in a car crash at the age of 99" does not disprove the proposition that "smoking markedly increases the probability of cancer and heart disease at a relatively early age". In this case, the evidence may itself be true, but does not warrant the conclusion.

In both cases the conclusion is unreliable; it may not be untrue, but it doesn't follow from the "evidence".

Evidence can be anecdotal in both senses: "Goat yogurt prolongs life: I heard that a man in a mountain village who ate only yogurt lived to 120."

The term is often used in contrast to scientific evidence, such as evidence-based medicine, which are types of formal accounts. Some anecdotal evidence does not qualify as scientific evidence because its nature prevents it from being investigated using the scientific method. Misuse of anecdotal evidence is a logical fallacy and is sometimes informally referred to as the "person who" fallacy ("I know a person who..."; "I know of a case where..." etc. Compare with hasty generalization). Anecdotal evidence is not necessarily representative of a "typical" experience; statistical evidence can more accurately determine how typical something is.

Accounts of direct personal experience are commonly equated to anecdotal evidence where this form of evidence is not one of the above categories of anecdote, hearsay or conclusion deduced from generalisation. Unlike anecdotal evidence the reliability of accounts of personal experience is normally capable of assessment for legal proceedings.

When used in advertising or promotion of a product, service, or idea, anecdotal reports are often called a testimonial, which are banned in some jurisdictions.[citation needed] The term is also sometimes used in a legal context to describe certain kinds of testimony. Psychologists have found that people are more likely to remember notable examples than typical examples.[1]