Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

This is my first post. But I felt liked I needed to let this out as my family and friends are tired of hearing me complain.

Today, I looked in the mirror and just couldn't take it any longer. I couldn't stand the way my skin looks now. Through the years, my skin will go from not so bad, to pretty bad. I dealt with mild to semi-moderate acne. But since adding Paula's Choice BHA 2% Liquid to my regimen, my face is the absolute WORST it has ever been. Even worse from when I experienced an initial breakout from using Vitamin A supplements to hopefully gain the same results as Accutane (yes, I was desperate and broke).

During the months of October and November my skin was pretty much 95% clear. Then December came and I dunno, I started breaking out a bit more than usual. I guess I started to panic and went for the big guns first, purchasing some strong items. Having bad skin all your life is one thing, but to have your skin go from good to bad, bad to good, and then good to worst and back and forth, it takes a toll on you. It's like Life is playing a cruel joke on you and messing with you all the freakin' time.

I'm cranky, depressed, and feel like I've tried everything to get my skin back on track. I wanna stop using the BHA, but I have read that some people stuck through with it with success. I am trying to remain hopeful. I have used the BHA since mid-January and we're already in March, how long is this "purging" supposed to take? WTF?? I freakin' hate the genes my parents gave me. Why didn't my mom go for a guy with better skin? Why was I even born in the first place? UGH.

My skin literally rules my life. I haven't even gotten married because my face is not clear enough to do a wedding. I can't have all those people looking at me. And I don't want to have children for fear that they will get my CRAPPY F*&&^* SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Just shoot me now.

Edited by Ivey

Hi , well you shouldn't blame it all on your parents.

My mother , father , brother , my grandfathers and grandmothers never had skin disorders , but i used to think that it was because of genetics the parents gave me , turned out it's a hormonal imballance , wich is treatable , but i don't have the balls go to and test my hormones and treat it. I know how you feel because i have it too. That's all i can say... we all here suffer. I wanted to say that it is abit silly to cancel your marriage because of acne , but unfortunately... i would do the same to be honest... but it doesn't mean you should. Let it not ruin your relationship. I wish you good luck and let your face clear!

...we're in the same boat man! i hated my self...i hated the genes i inherited..i hated my life...i even hated the fact that i was born on this earth just to suffer all my life....i also thought i would'nt get married or have kids....i just wish i'll die....i hated life...i hated the world....i hated God for letting this things happen to me....i just wish i wasn't born in this unfair world....

Hi Ivey,

Sorry to hear you're doing it tough at the moment.

You have to find some comfort in knowing that acne is so common, you're not alone in the slightest - this whole forum is full of people suffering from the same skin problems you are having.

I understand you're suffering but it will help to think about other things, acne doesn't have to control your life. Take time to do things you enjoy, for me it's music, guitar, reading, web development and spending time with God.

I've also found recently how much better exercise and good diet can make you feel. I know that seems obvious but if you're not exercising or drinking lots of water that's a quick practical thing you can do to feel better and more relaxed.

Hang in there, if you're comfortable posting pics you should start a gallery - there's lots of people here who can support you in your journey to clear skin.

If that fails, listen to Marvin Gaye or Bob Marley :) I don't mean to make light of your situation - but laughing can help too.

All the best,

Ivey:

Let me say that I feel your pain in every sense of the word.

I am 23 now. I started getting mild acne at about 16, and it progressively became worse and worse. By the time I was 18, it had developed into full-blown cystic acne (the ugliest and most painful kind). I tried everything: oral antibiotics (Doxycycline and Minocycline), Benzaclin, NeoBenz, IPL laser surgery, Smoothbeam laser surgery, chemical peels, blue light treatment, Differin, Tazorac, UV light treatment, sulfur washes, extractions, cortisone injections, Yaz birth control, and every home remedy and over-the-counter product money can buy. Between product costs, doctor's visits, and laser surgery tabs, I had spent thousands, with barely noticeable improvement. Worst of all, I was a picker. A BAD picker. I would set aside about a half an hour every night to go into my bathroom and lock the door. I then picked, squeezed, and popped my skin to the point of bleeding, scarring, and even bruising. I squeezed so hard, I was actually bruising.

I never went a day without makeup. I actually would wake up ten or fifteen minutes earlier than family or friends (or even boyfriends) so that I could put makeup on before they saw me. Not one living soul saw me without makeup for about two or three years. During the day, I would turn off the light in the bathroom, avoid mirrors, try to cover my face with long hair, and not look people in the eye. I cried, I prayed, I believed, I had faith that something would heal me. Nothing did.

And at the age of 21, at the very end of my rope, I finally went on Accutane. Within three months, my skin was perfectly clear, although I still had red spots from old lesions. It was emotional turmoil for me: I was so elated to finally have clear skin, but at the same time, I was so upset that my doctor hadn't put me on it YEARS ago. Why couldn't I have gone on it when I was still in high school? Why did my prom have to be ruined? My Homecoming dance? My birthdays? My life?

I got off Accutane in December of 2008, after being on it for 6 months. I stayed on the Yaz birth control all the way until February of 2010, however, because I would afraid I would break out if I went off it. Well, I did. Not badly, but after I worked that hard to keep my skin clear, a few pimples made me cry, because I wondered if it would all come back again. I asked my dermatologist if I could go on a second round of Accutane. She said no. I was beside myself.

So I went online looking for an answer, and stumbled across Acne.org. I thought, what the heck? And I am happy to say that those few pimples cleared up, and that I am once again enjoying clear skin. So my advice to you, my friend, is to do three things:

1) STOP using your BHA. If it were going to work, you would know by now.

2)Follow Dan's regimen exactly, word for word, step by step. I used over-the-counter products for the first three weeks that I was on the regimen, and then I ordered Dan's stuff. It works even better.

3) After two or three weeks, evaluate your skin. If you don't see significant improvement, ask your doctor to prescribe Accutane. On the occasion that you are still broke--do you have insurance? Because most insurance covers Accutane, and since it is available in a generic pill, the pills themselves can actually be quite cheap. The only major expense for me was the monthly blood tests, but I set up a payment plan for those, so it became affordable. If you don't have insurance through your parents or a job, look into getting a state-sponsored insurance policy. It may be a little spendy, but probably not as spendy as medication, doctor's visits, and blood draws would be without it.

Thank you for having the courage to share on the board. I hope this has been of help to you, and please know that you are not alone. Even more important, however, is please know that your skin will get clear once you find the right treatment. And if you are left with some scarring like I was, there are also several procedures to help get rid of that as well.

Hang in there. It will happen for you. :)

Edited by Take Control

Hi,

This is my first post. But I felt liked I needed to let this out as my family and friends are tired of hearing me complain.

Today, I looked in the mirror and just couldn't take it any longer. I couldn't stand the way my skin looks now. Through the years, my skin will go from not so bad, to pretty bad. I dealt with mild to semi-moderate acne. But since adding Paula's Choice BHA 2% Liquid to my regimen, my face is the absolute WORST it has ever been. Even worse from when I experienced an initial breakout from using Vitamin A supplements to hopefully gain the same results as Accutane (yes, I was desperate and broke).

During the months of October and November my skin was pretty much 95% clear. Then December came and I dunno, I started breaking out a bit more than usual. I guess I started to panic and went for the big guns first, purchasing some strong items. Having bad skin all your life is one thing, but to have your skin go from good to bad, bad to good, and then good to worst and back and forth, it takes a toll on you. It's like Life is playing a cruel joke on you and messing with you all the freakin' time.

I'm cranky, depressed, and feel like I've tried everything to get my skin back on track. I wanna stop using the BHA, but I have read that some people stuck through with it with success. I am trying to remain hopeful. I have used the BHA since mid-January and we're already in March, how long is this "purging" supposed to take? WTF?? I freakin' hate the genes my parents gave me. Why didn't my mom go for a guy with better skin? Why was I even born in the first place? UGH.

My skin literally rules my life. I haven't even gotten married because my face is not clear enough to do a wedding. I can't have all those people looking at me. And I don't want to have children for fear that they will get my CRAPPY F*&&^* SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Just shoot me now.

Wow, your post really hit me hard. Although we're not wearing the same shoes, I can definitely relate to what you're saying and I feel for you. It's funny (not in a humorous way) that you say your skin rules your life because I feel the exact same way. It's a really shitty thing to have this BS all over our faces and to feel like crap all the time, knowing in the back of our heads how chill life is without acne. I hope things get better for you...

Thank you all for your understanding and responses.

I recently (March 9th) made some new purchases and decided to try the natural route, since it is a route I haven't tried yet. I think to myself, maybe my problem is the commercial products I use? I mean, I have acne ONLY on my face (and this might be TMI, but, in my ears I have a couple blackheads). The rest of my body is 100% clear.

Some of the reasons why I could be breaking out could be because:

A) I stopped using BP 10% Persa-Gel after reading about the side effects of long-term BP usage.

B) I stopped my birth control (NuvaRing) about 6 months ago.

C) I might have undiagnosed digestive/kidney issues, which I don't have insurance nor the money to check out.

D) Started BHA 2%, although I think this just worsened things...A LOT.

So its between hormonal, topical or digestive.

Anywho, I purchased Tea tree cleanser (Desert Essence) and added diluted ACV (Braggs) to my regimen both topically (2x) and orally (1-2x). I also alternate between a glycolic toner at night and Thayer's toner in the morning before applying ACV. I moisturize mixing with Aveeno Daily Moisturizer and Organic Grapeseed Oil. I've been doing this twice a day since March 9th. Since doing so, my face went from congested mild but many bumps/blackheads to deep inflamed pimples. I figured it could be my new regimen causing me to purge (or my skin is still weening off the BHA), since almost overnight all the bumps came to a head. I am going to give it about 3 weeks for now and see how that goes.

Supplement-wise, I've been taking Carlson's fish oil once a day in the morning since Feb 26th and just started taking New Chapter Women's tablets today. I'm considering adding Evening Primrose oil when I get the chance.

So that's my update.....

Edited by Ivey

I'm sorry that you're struggling :(

However, I tried Paula's choice a little while back and while it healed my acne that was already inflammed, it broke me out horribly. My whole forehead was a disaster. I stopped using it and it stopped the breakouts, so maybe you should try cutting it out from your regimen.

feel better!

This is maybe going to sound retarded... But have you ever just stopped doing everything? It always seemed to me like the more crap I tried, the worse it got. Sometimes I'd just give up and not do anything, and it would get better. Maybe sometimes just leaving it alone is best. But I know that's tough for the girls, with makeup and everything.

UPDATE: So I stopped my new "natural" regimen altogether. As it turns out, a lot of the ingredients in the products I was using were comedogenic. Actually, it seems like a LOT of skin care products have pore-clogging, acne formation properties in the ingredients. I wonder if this could explain why so many people in the US have acne. Appearance is everything here in America. We focus so much on our looks and attempting to achieve perfection that we exhaust our skin with tons of products. I have noticed over the years that my skin has become very sensitive.

Now, I am trying to take the advice of just not over-doing it. I currently started yet ANOTHER regimen starting on April 13th.

I eliminated my multi-vitamin which had soy, biotin and iodine, three ingredients that contribute to acne supposedly. I also stopped taking fish oil temporarily to see if that may be causing the deep pimples. For now, all I'm doing is this:

Supplements: Culturelle Probiotic Natural Health & Wellness, once a day in the afternoon & GNC Zinc 30 mg, once a day at night.

Products:

AM

1) Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Original Formula, Fragrance Free

2) Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Combination Skin (staying in) OR

Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Lotion SPF 15 (when going out)

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder Compact, Beige, Medium 2-2.5 (when going out)

PM

1) Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Original Formula, Fragrance Free

2) Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera Formula Toner

3) Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10

4) Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Combination Skin (looking to replace as it balls up after BP)

Yes, I have started to use BP. I am starting at 10% but will decrease concentration once my skin gets close to clear. It's been hard these past few months dealing with such an outbreak. My cheeks used to be so clear and now my face is a mess. Only thing semi-clear now is my forehead, nose area and chin, which is ironic because those were my OLD problem areas. And my acne has migrated to my cheeks for whatever reason. Trying to hang in there, but it's hard...

Also, I stopped using oils in my hair and my ears are clear now. I used to get some acne behind and in my ears, which is odd, but whatever. They're gone now. Only using two products now. Starting to realize that oils are NOT my friend...no matter how "non-comedogenic" they claim to be. *sighs*

Edited by Ivey

Ivey:

I am 23 now. I started getting mild acne at about 16, and it progressively became worse and worse. By the time I was 18, it had developed into full-blown cystic acne (the ugliest and most painful kind). I tried everything: oral antibiotics (Doxycycline and Minocycline), Benzaclin, NeoBenz, IPL laser surgery, Smoothbeam laser surgery, chemical peels, blue light treatment, Differin, Tazorac, UV light treatment, sulfur washes, extractions, cortisone injections, Yaz birth control, and every home remedy and over-the-counter product money can buy. Between product costs, doctor's visits, and laser surgery tabs, I had spent thousands, with barely noticeable improvement. Worst of all, I was a picker. A BAD picker. I would set aside about a half an hour every night to go into my bathroom and lock the door. I then picked, squeezed, and popped my skin to the point of bleeding, scarring, and even bruising. I squeezed so hard, I was actually bruising.

I never went a day without makeup. I actually would wake up ten or fifteen minutes earlier than family or friends (or even boyfriends) so that I could put makeup on before they saw me. Not one living soul saw me without makeup for about two or three years. During the day, I would turn off the light in the bathroom, avoid mirrors, try to cover my face with long hair, and not look people in the eye. I cried, I prayed, I believed, I had faith that something would heal me. Nothing did.

And at the age of 21, at the very end of my rope, I finally went on Accutane. Within three months, my skin was perfectly clear, although I still had red spots from old lesions. It was emotional turmoil for me: I was so elated to finally have clear skin, but at the same time, I was so upset that my doctor hadn't put me on it YEARS ago. Why couldn't I have gone on it when I was still in high school? Why did my prom have to be ruined? My Homecoming dance? My birthdays? My life?

I got off Accutane in December of 2008, after being on it for 6 months. I stayed on the Yaz birth control all the way until February of 2010, however, because I would afraid I would break out if I went off it. Well, I did. Not badly, but after I worked that hard to keep my skin clear, a few pimples made me cry, because I wondered if it would all come back again. I asked my dermatologist if I could go on a second round of Accutane. She said no. I was beside myself.

So I went online looking for an answer, and stumbled across Acne.org. I thought, what the heck? And I am happy to say that those few pimples cleared up, and that I am once again enjoying clear skin. So my advice to you, my friend, is to do three things:

2)Follow Dan's regimen exactly, word for word, step by step. I used over-the-counter products for the first three weeks that I was on the regimen, and then I ordered Dan's stuff. It works even better.

3) After two or three weeks, evaluate your skin. If you don't see significant improvement, ask your doctor to prescribe Accutane. On the occasion that you are still broke--do you have insurance? Because most insurance covers Accutane, and since it is available in a generic pill, the pills themselves can actually be quite cheap. The only major expense for me was the monthly blood tests, but I set up a payment plan for those, so it became affordable. If you don't have insurance through your parents or a job, look into getting a state-sponsored insurance policy. It may be a little spendy, but probably not as spendy as medication, doctor's visits, and blood draws would be without it.

Thank you for having the courage to share on the board. I hope this has been of help to you, and please know that you are not alone. Even more important, however, is please know that your skin will get clear once you find the right treatment. And if you are left with some scarring like I was, there are also several procedures to help get rid of that as well.

Hi TakeControl, I like your name-its what I need to do. I am very happy things have worked for you. So how did you get rid of your red marks and scars? What procedures/doctor/cost did you have?

So far, no success with updated regimen. I went even simpler.

The Neutrogena Bar was causing breakouts in areas I normally don't get acne (nose and forehead). I decided to stop using it. Here's what I do now:

Effective: May 1, 2010

AM

1) Water and cleansing cotton pads

2) C+C BP 10%

(Every few days I would use Queen Helene Mint Masque in the mornings)

PM

1) Neutrogena Body Wash 2% SA (I dilute by adding running water to rid of the beads)

2) Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Toner

(I know both BP and SA are strong acne medication ingredients so I spaced it out in the day)

I am doing an experiment this week and discontinuing the use of my moisturizers (starting 5/3/2010), make-up AND my Herbal Essence hair conditioner (using a cone free replacement) because I am suspecting that I may be sensitive to silicone's. So far, I thought my skin would be dry, but to my surprise, it's pretty moisturized on its own. I know it is too soon to tell, but my complexion seems brighter since starting the SA I believe. As for the condition of my skin, it seems less red and the lesions are less painful. It is still bumpy but the texture of my skin overall is SUPER SOFT. I have never felt it this soft before. I think it could be because I am not over cleansing my face and not using an alcohol based toner. Alcohol severely dried out my skin! Anywho, as always keep you posted. I am really praying that my breakouts are from topical reasons and nothing hormonal because I really don't want to mess around with Birth Control....

Edited by Ivey

Hey there,

I just want to offer my advice,

because like you acne has controlled a lot of what I do over the last few years:

basically when I was 13 I got normal teenage spots etc, jsut like my friends,

but whilst theirs started to clear up, by the time I was 15 my skin exploded,

it was really bad. At first I did nothing, I live in the UK, but i had't even realised you could go to a GP for acne.

Anyway one time whilst I was at the doctors on a separate issue, he asked me if I wanted to try some treatment, so he gave me BP 5% gel to try. It didn't work. I went back after a few months and was given oral antibiotics. At this time I would say I was not overly affected psychologically. I was a little frustrated, but not really suffering. Anyway, after a few months, it was clear the antibiotics wern't helping. I wasn't really sure what to do, and to embarrassed to go back to my GP.

So I tried a whole wave of different regimens week after week. Including doing nothing, washing just with water, oil-free moisturisers, . At this pojnt I was really starting to care about everything. I would tun off bathroom lights, I would avoid staying over at friends, I would genuinewly be afraid of looking at myself in the Barber's. This continued for just over a year. A whole year of my life feel9ing miserable!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I finally realised I was wasting my time. These regimens work to prevent bad skin, btu not actual Acne. I went to my GP, she took one look at me and gave me a refferal.

A few moths later I am 15 weeks into my Accutane course. My skin has almost comnpletely cleared up. My confidence is greater than ever, and I'm so glad I made the decision to take Accutane. In my area waiting listes for a dermatologist were 12 weeks, and since I genuinely thought I couldn't wait I decided to go private. To pay for it I fixed second-hand bikes from Ebay and resold them after I had repaired them. Accutane is expensive, but to summarise this is what I think:

-Endless regimens, natural, no-washing etc etc arent going to work. If you have Acne prone skin, there is very little you can do, except accutane.

-Accutane costs a lot, but it is soo worth it.

YOu probably don't have a Kidney disease etc. Its jsut that you have Acne, and it will get better!

I probably sound like an Accutane salesperson, but genuinely I don't really care haha- Its jsut so great to have my life back to normal.

Good luck with whatever you try to do!

OMG!!

QUEEN HELENE MINT JULEP MASQUE WAS CAUSING MY SUDDEN MODERATE ACNE!!!!!!

I'm ANGRY but at the same time relieved because I can get my skin back where it used to be very mild acne. I'm angry because I'm afraid of the scarring all those 4 months of moderate acne has done to my skin. What was the reason for all this? Why did this have to happen to me??? UGHHH!!

I want to burn the mask and see it die. I had been using it weekly thinking it was doing nothing but good to my skin, so I never bothered to exclude it from my skin care....*sighs*

Edited by Ivey

I'll kill your "Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque" for you, but only for a price. The higher the bid, the slower and more painful I'll make it, too.

You know, I was doing some thinking after doing so much research about ingredients in facial products and I can't believe companies are able to make a product, claim false promises and cause people's beautiful faces to turn to CRAP. It's a crime!

As my acne is starting to calm after eliminating the culprits, I am obsessing over the scarring factor. I am already noticing indentions in my skin, mostly on my cheeks. Something I have never had before!!!!! It is so depressing to go from normal to disfiguring in just a few months.

I am trying to eat as healthy as possible and take zinc supplements to help with healing and what not. Trying to provide my body with as much nutrients to fix the damage.

I wish I could SUE THE COMPANY for making me fall into a horrible depression and then leaving visible scars behind for me to carry for the rest of my life! I hate corrupted companies. They would add car fuel to a product and sell it as a beauty treatment for the face. Ugh...something needs to be done about this!!!

Ivey:

Wow. Its frightening how the life of a total stranger can parallel your own so...closely. Its inspiring how proactive you are. All i can hope for is an outcome similiar to yours.

OK, so I switched back to my old regimen and have been using BP for 8 weeks now and the pimples keep on coming. Granted, I am much clearer since I've stopped a few aggravating skin products, but not where I used to be. I started breaking out under my jaw, neck and along the hairline about two weeks ago. I have eliminated almost ALL products except my cleanser and BP and my usual shampoo and conditioner, which I have been using since July of '09. I stopped make-up and moisturizers; started cleaning my pillow cases once a week. And still, nothing is working!! I'm not getting as much, but still new ones form. I thought it had been a couple of new products I tried and realized, after process of elimination it is NOTHING that I am putting on my skin as I am breaking out in areas I don't even put any type of product on (like under my jaw and neck, wtf?).

I am frustrated that I had experienced this sudden onset of moderate acne when I used to suffer with 1-3 pimples around that time of the month. So after exhausting the external factors, I decided to place my attention to what is going into my body and see what could be the cause. I think I might have found something that peaked my interest: COPPER.

I usually took fish oil and that was it. Then I added zinc, and I was fine. THEN, I read that I could become deficient in copper if I take a zinc supplement...so I added a copper supplement of 2mg to "balance" it out. I added the copper back in September of 2009. Things didn't hit me until Christmas time. Then everything went downhill from there. Of course, since worrying about possible topical culprits, I didn't think it was my supplements and continued taking copper for most of the duration of my sudden acne. I did some research and found that too much copper can cause acne, mostly due to low zinc. And since I eat copper-containing foods and drink water which could contain copper in it as well, I probably have been unnecessarily supplementing my body with copper.

I have stopped taking the copper starting yesterday and will just take my zinc and see if symptoms improve. As always, I will update in a few weeks. I will not stop until I figure this out!!

Edited by Ivey

You need to use another thing. Using BHA only is not a solution. You can use SA in the cleanser or toner and as a spot treatment. Also, put the stuff in the parts you are sure you will break out, others zones that are clean do not need to be disturbed. That is my opinion.

Hello there, I don't have a lot of time to answer,

but let me say I feel so bad and really down to read your post!, it's sad that as you said Companies can literally get away with Murder these days, royally screwing up normal looking

people's skin causing them such deep rooted anxieties!

Totally Sick

Have you by chance Ever tried Manuka Honey?

I have Began a thread in this Section here, entitled "How can I ever be 'Normal' again"

I listed a few natural and completely safe uses that have worked exceptionally well for me and my family too, if you like I could (when I get back online) share with you a few handy tips that saved me so Much money and painful experiences with 'over doing it'

My skin Can Finally breathe once more! and it no longer "runs my life"

Stay clear of any oil-based products! they are so Bad.

You should also try a light soap wash I recommend Tea Tree soap bar or my personal fave

Manuka 30+ factor moisturising bar.

here's a website that I have found to be very good, they sell Natural and Organic based items that are relatively inexpensive. so not gonna break your bank!

what have you got to lose? I know you might be skeptical, believe me so was I!

http://www.drorganic.co.uk/honey-products.asp

If you're american based and not willing to shop internationally, Just do a little research for the "Dr Organic range"

Well, I truly and sincerely do hope you find a positive solution to your deeply sad predicament and things start to look up for you! Please accept my fond wishes for Clear Skin for you

Take Care.

= )

Jaydon

OK, so my skin is FINALLY starting to clear up. :D And I hope it continues in that direction. Looking back, I noticed I had made some diet changes since the start of the new year. Not sure why I let myself go but I started to eat things I knew aggravated my acne as a teenager (like milk + bread). I guess I needed to refresh my memory....

Some PERSONAL lessons learned:

AVOID

- STAY AWAY from topical Grapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, + Olive Oil (these all broke me out)

- STAY AWAY from Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (I think I am allergic to the zinc oxide because something in that product did not agree with my skin at all).

- STAY AWAY from Bananas; I started eating them a lot these past few months (like 2 a day). I guess it was some random food phase I was going through. Never eaten so many bananas before. I'm not sure if these actually caused my acne, but they sure as hell made my acne much more inflamed!

-STAY AWAY from milk + cheese. I also started to eat these more recently. I was trying out the Lactaid milk instead of the rice milk I had been drinking and noticed my forehead started to break out like it used to when I was young, so I stopped. And the forehead pimples did not progress any further. Whew! I also started to eat a lot more grilled cheeses, cheeseburgers, lots of pizzas, and creamy pastas, even ice cream! Of course, all of these make me run to the bathroom, some more than others (especially ice cream). I keep thinking that I may not be lactose intolerant and overindulge, while paying for it later. It hasn't been diagnosed by a doctor, so I figured maybe it was all in my head. But I'm not going to take any more chances and stay away like I had been in the past.

- STAY AWAY from bread. Or at least keep it minimal. I noticed since taking out any kind of bread product from my diet for a week, my skin doesn't get red or inflamed. And the remaining zits are much less painful and itchy.

- STAY AWAY from copper supplements. I noticed since taking these I was breaking out in strange places, like my neck (upper throat) and scalp of all places, which has NEVER had a problem before. I stopped about a week and a half ago and I don't seem to be getting any new acne in those areas. I think copper has estrogenic properties and I believe I already have too much of that hormone. I would like to continue taking the zinc, but I'm not sure if it's really the right thing to do at this point. I'm a bit scared of supplements now....

In general, I stopped BOTH the zinc/copper and started taking ONLY fish oil again because that worked wonderfully in the past for me. The zinc and copper were the only two new supplements I had added which may have been the cause for my massive hair shedding for the last several months. From now on, I am eating more healthy, exercising at least 20 mins a day, and I have eliminated sugar. I also started to drink more water for the past 3 days, whereas before, I never drank water, only cranberry juice. So we'll see if my skin will start to look better. I also have noticed some indented scars starting to flatten out! *crosses fingers* I hope it continues that way!

Edited by Ivey

Hello there, I don't have a lot of time to answer,

but let me say I feel so bad and really down to read your post!, it's sad that as you said Companies can literally get away with Murder these days, royally screwing up normal looking

people's skin causing them such deep rooted anxieties!

Totally Sick

Have you by chance Ever tried Manuka Honey?

I have Began a thread in this Section here, entitled "How can I ever be 'Normal' again"

I listed a few natural and completely safe uses that have worked exceptionally well for me and my family too, if you like I could (when I get back online) share with you a few handy tips that saved me so Much money and painful experiences with 'over doing it'

My skin Can Finally breathe once more! and it no longer "runs my life"

Stay clear of any oil-based products! they are so Bad.

You should also try a light soap wash I recommend Tea Tree soap bar or my personal fave

Manuka 30+ factor moisturising bar.

here's a website that I have found to be very good, they sell Natural and Organic based items that are relatively inexpensive. so not gonna break your bank!

what have you got to lose? I know you might be skeptical, believe me so was I!

http://www.drorganic.co.uk/honey-products.asp

If you're american based and not willing to shop internationally, Just do a little research for the "Dr Organic range"

Well, I truly and sincerely do hope you find a positive solution to your deeply sad predicament and things start to look up for you! Please accept my fond wishes for Clear Skin for you

Take Care.

= )

Jaydon

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the link and browsed through the products, but I noticed I wasn't able to find any of the ingredients? :(

OMG. I have read your skincare routines, what surprised me is that, you are using too many products on your face. I think you have to reduce one or, better yet, two from those, so that your skin will get less aggravation (since irritation is one among those we want to avoid happening to our face). As much as possible, discontinue using a toner (I just don't recommend you to use one because the zits get often rubbed by cotton swabs that just make them more irritated, besides, your face is already fine after washing, believe me) and try to get back to basics by washing your face with a mild facial foam (e.g dove facial wash or clean&clear pimple clearing cleanser, either of the two works for me, I hope for you too) using a lukewarm water. After washing, medicate. But, this time you won't be using 10% BP on your face. Since, that would be too strong for your very very very sensitive skin miss, why not try 2.5%? It's obviously milder than what you're using. I mean, based from my past time experience, using 10% BP sucks! because it makes my skin more irritated and itchy, I feel like they're getting burned! awful right? and that's something I won't even wish to happen as well to you. That's why I would recommend 2.5%(It worked for me, I guess to others as well). After medication, you can now apply a good moisturizer for your face, it would be better if it will be hypoallergenic this time, you may apply it during the night and/or whenever your face's skin feels flaky. and oh! you must remember that, you have to do all of these as gently as possible. In order, to make the process done effectively. :D

Try replacing your regimen with this new routine every day, and you'll see the results you're looking for, just believe in yourself, do it with patience. It worked for me, I hope for you too. Well, good luck to you. I hope this helped you a lot. Take care miss, can't wait for your improvements :clap:

OMG. I have read your skincare routines, what surprised me is that, you are using too many products on your face. I think you have to reduce one or, better yet, two from those, so that your skin will get less aggravation (since irritation is one among those we want to avoid happening to our face). As much as possible, discontinue using a toner (I just don't recommend you to use one because the zits get often rubbed by cotton swabs that just make them more irritated, besides, your face is already fine after washing, believe me) and try to get back to basics by washing your face with a mild facial foam (e.g dove facial wash or clean&clear pimple clearing cleanser, either of the two works for me, I hope for you too) using a lukewarm water. After washing, medicate. But, this time you won't be using 10% BP on your face. Since, that would be too strong for your very very very sensitive skin miss, why not try 2.5%? It's obviously milder than what you're using. I mean, based from my past time experience, using 10% BP sucks! because it makes my skin more irritated and itchy, I feel like they're getting burned! awful right? and that's something I won't even wish to happen as well to you. That's why I would recommend 2.5%(It worked for me, I guess to others as well). After medication, you can now apply a good moisturizer for your face, it would be better if it will be hypoallergenic this time, you may apply it during the night and/or whenever your face's skin feels flaky. and oh! you must remember that, you have to do all of these as gently as possible. In order, to make the process done effectively. :D

Try replacing your regimen with this new routine every day, and you'll see the results you're looking for, just believe in yourself, do it with patience. It worked for me, I hope for you too. Well, good luck to you. I hope this helped you a lot. Take care miss, can't wait for your improvements :clap:

Thanks for the advice. I really do wanna lower the BP to 2.5% and do it once a day. I hate the way 10% makes my skin feel, but the neutrogena on the spot doesn't seem as effective? I've thought about ordering Dan's, but I don't like having to constantly order and waiting for a package to arrive all the time. Id rather use a product where I can just run across the street to pick it up.

I'll consider changing my face wash and check out the two you recommended, but I may not seeing that SA/BP combination works great for me. Also, I am wary of Dove products because in the past, I've experienced some breakouts from them. As I became more aware of comedogenic ingredients, I realize they use a lot those. The SA wash i use have very minimal ingredients, which I like. But I'll shop around for something even gentler. We'll see.

I am currently lessening the use of my toner too. I am cutting it down to once every other day or every two days. The AHA in the toner helps with flakes. I'm going to try to make some minor changes starting this month and will update.

Edited by Ivey